fashion & drugs

@Skinny2012, thanks for the info :) I've heard of people abusing ADD meds before, there used to be this girl at my school who sold her meds to other people. Interesting to know now why people would want it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely habit forming. Also coming down from it is awful. Its this horrible depressed, anxious feeling. And you can't sleep even though you're exhausted.

I used to have a prescription for it for my ADHD but stopped taking it because it is so habit forming - though I do occasionally take some XR ones that a friend gives out like candy and in my experience the XR >>> IR (but that may also be because the XR dosage I take is way higher than my IR prescrip ever was).

Also, if you drink a packet of Emergen-C or take a couple of those chewable Vit C tablets or drink some OJ while coming down you have no problems sleeping or the anxiousness. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
I've done ADD meds a few times for studying. What I took wasn't exactly Adderall, but something similar to it. I'll try to find the exact name of it but it was a while ago...

Anyway, it helped me concentrate and I found that I could stay up all night without feeling either tired/slow or jittery/anxious. I was very calm and clear-headed, like I was "in the zone".
Appetite-wise, I hardly had any for about three days after both times I took it.
The downside is that coming down from it the next day was terrible. I was an emotional wreck, super anxious and depressed and over-sensitive. I would burst into tears over something really small. :shrug:

I've done ADD meds a few times for studying. What I took wasn't exactly Adderall, but something similar to it. I'll try to find the exact name of it but it was a while ago...

Anyway, it helped me concentrate and I found that I could stay up all night without feeling either tired/slow or jittery/anxious. I was very calm and clear-headed, like I was "in the zone".
Appetite-wise, I hardly had any for about three days after both times I took it.
The downside is that coming down from it the next day was terrible. I was an emotional wreck, super anxious and depressed and over-sensitive. I would burst into tears over something really small. :shrug:

So if you'd need it, would you take some again? Or it's not worth it?

You took too much. :kiss:

I've not tried coke, so I wouldn't know... but I'm surprised that no one mentioned that weed is good for sex too. VERY good. The appettite stimulation is a downer, but if you smoke it late in the evening, maybe you can fall asleep before it hits ;) After I smoke pot, I sleep HARD for like 10 hours. (just an FYI, though I am a fan, I rarely smoke it. Haven't in over 6 months)

This sounds pretty much like the rest of the population. Most common drugs I see at college parties: alcohol, pot, occasionally coke. I've known heroin addicts but its not considered acceptable. People do MDMA and psychedelics but not often. Everyone's taking adderall to get through exams and such.

It seems like the beautiful and fabulous aren't so different, after all.

I was going to post nearly the same thing. Cashed up kids at university that I know do coke regularly and are more often that not high on weed... Pills at festivals and mushrooms/acid on camping trips, drugs are waaaay more common that some people realise. Why would the fashion industry be any different?

I was going to post nearly the same thing. Cashed up kids at university that I know do coke regularly and are more often that not high on weed... Pills at festivals and mushrooms/acid on camping trips, drugs are waaaay more common that some people realise. Why would the fashion industry be any different?

while i agree with you that doing drugs is more common than people realise, it is still not like your neighbour does coke every other day. it is most common in specific 'scenes', notably in physically and psychically demanding jobs or activities (includes everything from studying hard to working hard and partying hard). sure, there are cashed up kids who do drugs out of pure boredom and then there are party kids who do drugs at festivals and in clubs once in a while.
modelling, i figure, is one of the most demanding jobs; early call times, lots of jet lag, the pressure to be thin, fit and radiant looking all the time and so on. i wouldn't be surprised if the percentage of drug users was higher in the industry than in your local supermarket, and about as high as say in some economy branches etc. plus it helps to stay on track weightwise, so...

I had a prescription for adderall last summer and it made me a psycho nutcase. During the day I felt like I was on cloud nine but then once 4 PM rolled around it was like the world sucked so badly and my anxiety soared. I think I was one of the few people who found myself gaining on it too because I didn't eat the whole day and then when my anxiety came on I used food to calm me down. No bueno. I like ecstasy.. but only a couple times a year :party:

Pills/MDMA also make you completely lose your appetite too but only for partying- you seem crazy walking around on those during the day ;)
I'll quite often do MDMA instead of drinking loads of alcohol if i go to a party... no cals and you have a good time!

^This! Whoooo fun times (unless you get a bad pill.. but I try to stick to the pure stuff)

In the uk coke is actually pretty common in middle class, middle aged people. Not everyone does it obviously, but everyone knows a few people who have it every day. Weirdly, it's usually the ones who are insanely health conscious when it comes to every other aspect of their lives.

In the uk coke is actually pretty common in middle class, middle aged people. Not everyone does it obviously, but everyone knows a few people who have it every day. Weirdly, it's usually the ones who are insanely health conscious when it comes to every other aspect of their lives.

Second this from my experiences. Coke is very common in the middle class. So is MDMA/ecstasy. I think it's easy to target the fashion industry and look at the "darkside" but really, that darkside is a facet that exists outside of the fashion industry as well. You could just as easily apply it to attorneys, or ad agencies, or whatever.

the pressure to be thin, fit and radiant looking all the time and so on.

Wondering how looking fit and radiant works together with taking drugs on the long run. But I guess it usually works this way: As long as you are young enough to model, the drugs will make you feel fit and you will stay thin. And when you start looking like crap cause you took too much, your career is over and your pictures will end up over here and people will say that you should stop modelling.

I´m not an amphetamine person, I´m more for the stuff that takes you into the other direction. Everybody´s different, some need to boost themselves up, some need to make themselves calm down.

I´m not taking any drugs anymore and I hope it stays that way. But I´m not judgemental, if people need drugs..well...whatever floats their boat. Its not that that I couldn´t understand what leads us there, but a good solution looks different I think.

There are two ways mainly: You stop cause you realize that it starts to destroy you one day or you stop cause it has destroyed you and you´re sick or even dead.

In my opinion, there are not so many people who are able to keep the balance and never take too much too often. Its seldom. Everbody who thinks about doing drugs should keep that in mind. You find out that you have an addictive personality when its already a bit late usually and its not always an easy way to get out of there again. But every adult should be able to make that decision and live with the consequences in the end I guess.

Nevertheless I would like to say for all who never took drugs: Best thing would be to leave it like that. Cause if you once tried, you´ll never forget and the thought of doing it again is much closer to you than it would be when you have no idea what drugs can do for you. Maybe its different for everyone, but thats my experience. I don´t think its worth it. Sooner or later in your live it will cause problems in one way or another and the range of problems is big..little problems to really huge problems.

Reactions: 1 user
I've never taken drugs (other than antibiotics for illness or something, of course), and I'm obviously not in the fashion industry so I can't comment on that...

But I can say that, just a few weeks ago, one of my boyfriend's friends died from drugs. He and his wife did drugs often. His wife overdosed and died one night, so he followed her. They left behind a 3-month-old baby girl. They had just gotten married.

So, I just hope all who take drugs will be more careful... it was shocking and devastating. Now their innocent daughter will never know her parents.

I've never taken drugs (other than antibiotics for illness or something, of course), and I'm obviously not in the fashion industry so I can't comment on that...

But I can say that, just a few weeks ago, one of my boyfriend's friends died from drugs. He and his wife did drugs often. His wife overdosed and died one night, so he followed her. They left behind a 3-month-old baby girl. They had just gotten married.

So, I just hope all who take drugs will be more careful... it was shocking and devastating. Now their innocent daughter will never know her parents.

Oh my, thats so horrible :wtf:

As tragic and sad as many cautionary drug tales are, they're often overly simplistic. Usually, the drugs in the story are illicit ones, and we're supposed to forget that:

1. Most illicit drugs are far less dangerous than the most commonly-abused legal drugs (alcohol, nicotine, oxycodone, valium, etc.)

2. Most illicit drugs are dangerous because of the law, not because of the drug.

For example - do you know why marijuana is so dangerous in many places? Because if you get caught with it, you'll go to jail, you'll lose your job, you'll lose your eligibility for student loans, etc...

Another example - you know how sometimes you hear about people getting "bad pills" at raves, clubs, etc.? Well, MDMA (ecstasy) is a really, really safe drug. But it's also really expensive, so people cut it (or replace it entirely) with a lot of cheap shit that isn't very safe at all.

Anyway, most tragic drug stories I hear are about people falling victim to the prohibition regime, not the drugs themselves.

I mean, if having orange juice was a capital crime, do you know how dangerous it would be?

Lots of shit - legal and illegal - is dangerous when abused. Educate yourself, moderate, and be careful. When in doubt, don't.

:kiss:

Reactions: 1 users
As tragic and sad as many cautionary drug tales are, they're often overly simplistic. Usually, the drugs in the story are illicit ones, and we're supposed to forget that:

1. Most illicit drugs are far less dangerous than the most commonly-abused legal drugs (alcohol, nicotine, oxycodone, valium, etc.)

2. Most illicit drugs are dangerous because of the law, not because of the drug.

For example - do you know why marijuana is so dangerous in many places? Because if you get caught with it, you'll go to jail, you'll lose your job, you'll lose your eligibility for student loans, etc...

Another example - you know how sometimes you hear about people getting "bad pills" at raves, clubs, etc.? Well, MDMA (ecstasy) is a really, really safe drug. But it's also really expensive, so people cut it (or replace it entirely) with a lot of cheap shit that isn't very safe at all.

Anyway, most tragic drug stories I hear are about people falling victim to the prohibition regime, not the drugs themselves.

I mean, if having orange juice was a capital crime, do you know how dangerous it would be?

Lots of shit - legal and illegal - is dangerous when abused. Educate yourself, moderate, and be careful. When in doubt, don't.

:kiss:

i agree with this whole-heartedly. many legal drugs are much more harmful, then say weed for instance. a lot of people get so offended by marijuana and still believe a lot of the propaganda the government spews out... its bull really.. but like you said... just be careful not to get caught and use in moderation.

I definately agree that weed is like a nice herbal tea compared to oxycodone..damn it, its hilarious that you can´t buy weed but your doctor gives you oxy. When I stopped smoking weed I felt totally normal, no need to say that you feel like crap when you stop taking something like oxycodone, cause your body is addicted, you suffer from withdrawal symptoms. Never heard that about people who smoke weed. I only heard about mental issues in combination with weed.

Should add that when I spoke of drugs in my posting, I included ALL things you can have legally, they can be much worse.