fashion & drugs

sore

Super Star
Jan 25, 2012
i don't know if this topic is 'appropriate' (i know you're not allowed to talk about it at tfs), but i'm really curious to know how common drugs are in the industry. everybody seems to agree that drugs are 'provided' at every shoot etc., on the other hand you hardly ever get any evidence (obviously...), so i'm not sure if it's just an old prejudice.
also, coke is known to do wonders for your weight, what role do you think coke plays for a model's weight loss?
there are constant rumours surrounding natalia vodianova, abbey lee kershaw or freha beja erichsen, for example, and - of course - there's kate moss. do you know of any others who are publicly rumoured to do drugs?

Reactions: 1 user
Good question, i do not have an answer for you but i'm very interested to see what the answers are.

Rumors (especially bad ones) spread very fast, and people often don´t verify their sources before sharing.
So I think it´s a quite reasonable move from TFS to keep this topic out.
Also, there are many models and other people (designers, photographers etc) known in the fashion scene on TFS, so imagine what damage a false rumor could possibly do to a model´s reputation and career.
I think it´s about the same here. Of course there are less models and influental people here than on TFS, but still enough to be cautious about it.

I don´t support people doing drugs, whatever their motivation is, but I don´t want to be involved in some gossip that could actually affect someone´s career.

Reactions: 1 users
Rumors (especially bad ones) spread very fast, and people often don´t verify their sources before sharing.
So I think it´s a quite reasonable move from TFS to keep this topic out.
Also, there are many models and other people (designers, photographers etc) known in the fashion scene on TFS, so imagine what damage a false rumor could possibly do to a model´s reputation and career.
I think it´s about the same here. Of course there are less models and influental people here than on TFS, but still enough to be cautious about it.

I don´t support people doing drugs, whatever their motivation is, but I don´t want to be involved in some gossip that could actually affect someone´s career.

I agree 100%.

In the VIP forums, the most common drugs are (in no order): adderall, coke, weed

Weed makes you get the munchies when you come down.
Coke is good for sex.

As usual, because I assume everyone walks around thinking about the smell of puppies and poops rainbows I had no idea about the role drugs played in the industry. They provide drugs at shoots? I'm sorry, what?

@leigh: i don't know if they do, but that's what somebody 'in the know' told me.
@Fili:
i don't want to spread any rumours, i just wanted to know if the rumours you hear are true - generally speaking, although i know there's no such thing as 'THE' answer to this question. most of the members here don't know about it anyway, and those who do won't tell any names for obvious reasons, but it wasn't meant to be the purpose of this thread to point fingers at somebody.

also, i do understand why drug talk is not allowed at tfs, and i'm all against promoting drug abuse etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most common model drugs in my experience are alcohol and nicotine, but I suspect you don't mean those.

Speed is everywhere (usually Adderall.)

Coke and pot are common but recreationally.

Heroin is rare, but not unheard of. Usually kept much more private than other drugs (i.e. pot, Adderall, and coke tend to be much more "out in the open" - both figuratively and literally.)

The only drug I've ever supplied at a shoot is alcohol. (Although maybe pot once or twice.) Models have brought coke to shoots but it's uncommon. At parties I generally see booze, pot, and coke (in descending order of commonness.)

Ecstasy (MDMA) and other psychedelics (LSD and such) are around, but more common on the "artist" side (photographers, designers, etc.) than "talent" (models.) Usage is similar to other creative populations - used rarely/recreationally and generally with the appropriate levels of respect/reverence.

Very interesting to know.
I do not support drugs other then booze, nicotine and my b/f does pot everyday but i do not. My b/f and me have experimented and him way more then me, but I'm done with that stage and i would beat my b/f if he ever went back to doing other then weed.

Coke is amazing for your weight. and like my fellow VIP said, sex ;)
Pills/MDMA also make you completely lose your appetite too but only for partying- you seem crazy walking around on those during the day ;)
I'll quite often do MDMA instead of drinking loads of alcohol if i go to a party... no cals and you have a good time!
Weed is okay, recreationally, but like the others said your appetite goes insane on the comedown.
Speed is pretty good. like having a load of espressos without the mental shakes/sickness...

Most common model drugs in my experience are alcohol and nicotine, but I suspect you don't mean those.

Speed is everywhere (usually Adderall.)

Coke and pot are common but recreationally.

Heroin is rare, but not unheard of. Usually kept much more private than other drugs (i.e. pot, Adderall, and coke tend to be much more "out in the open" - both figuratively and literally.)

The only drug I've ever supplied at a shoot is alcohol. (Although maybe pot once or twice.) Models have brought coke to shoots but it's uncommon. At parties I generally see booze, pot, and coke (in descending order of commonness.)

Ecstasy (MDMA) and other psychedelics (LSD and such) are around, but more common on the "artist" side (photographers, designers, etc.) than "talent" (models.) Usage is similar to other creative populations - used rarely/recreationally and generally with the appropriate levels of respect/reverence.

This sounds pretty much like the rest of the population. Most common drugs I see at college parties: alcohol, pot, occasionally coke. I've known heroin addicts but its not considered acceptable. People do MDMA and psychedelics but not often. Everyone's taking adderall to get through exams and such.

It seems like the beautiful and fabulous aren't so different, after all.

Just out of curiosity, why is Adderall so popular? Don't worry, I'm not thinking of trying it, it's just that I've never heard of it before and I'm wondering why it's so popular in the industry.

Just out of curiosity, why is Adderall so popular? Don't worry, I'm not thinking of trying it, it's just that I've never heard of it before and I'm wondering why it's so popular in the industry.

Adderall is an amphetamine used to treat ADD/ADHD.

Some of the side effects include loss of appetite and weight loss (particularly in adolescents).

yeah, you have no appetite but you can concentrate really well

@Phoebe i just wanted to add that there are of course risks when you abuse adderall:

"Adderall can be habit-forming when used in higher doses than recommended by your healthcare provider or for extended periods of time. The consequences of Adderall abuse can be extremely dangerous, sometimes resulting in an irregular heartbeat, dangerously high body temperatures, and/or the potential for cardiovascular failure or seizures."

http://adhd.emedtv.com/adderall/adderall-abuse.html

@Phoebe i just wanted to add that there are of course risks when you abuse adderall:

"Adderall can be habit-forming when used in higher doses than recommended by your healthcare provider or for extended periods of time. The consequences of Adderall abuse can be extremely dangerous, sometimes resulting in an irregular heartbeat, dangerously high body temperatures, and/or the potential for cardiovascular failure or seizures."

Agreed, but there are risks when you abuse anything. :)

Last edited:

It's great for killing your appetite. I used to take it for that and because I was pulling all-nighters studying. I lost 12 pounds in a month. Its the weirdest sensation. You'll want to eat, but as soon as you look at food it just isn't appealing. But its not good for you because it makes your heart beat really fast.

Definitely habit forming. Also coming down from it is awful. Its this horrible depressed, anxious feeling. And you can't sleep even though you're exhausted.

You can concentrate/work a lot longer - get by on less sleep for longer periods of time.

You're hardly hungry at all.

Extremely safe if taken in proper doses.

You can concentrate/work a lot longer - get by on less sleep for longer periods of time.

You're hardly hungry at all.

Extremely safe if taken in proper doses.

I have an adderall prescription and have a ton of it, but unfortunately the appetite suppressing effects have stopped and I feel bad if I take it these days... It's a bummer.