F/w 2013

Super Star
Loved David Koma's collection! Very geometric, almost to the point of being stiff (which some of the outfits were). The fit of some of the clothes was off too, but other than that I really liked it. It wasn't as messy as his previous collections.

Moon

Rookie
I can't wait for Milan but most of all PARIS!! London is always sort of boring imo...
Really? I find that London always has a lot of fresh, young designers. I love Mary Katrantzou and Peter Pilotto, for example.

But yeah, brands like Burberry are such a bore.

Super Star
Prada was amazing. I love all the fur; it looks very luxurious. The shoes and bags are beautiful. I normally hate the shoes for Prada because she usually does something ridiculous (like the knee-high waders and the gladiator helmut heels for F/W 09 or the terrible sock + sandal combo last season), but the shoes this season were well-designed. The coats are perfection, especially the fur ones and the embellished one on Aline. <3 The embellished skirts/dresses are gorgeous. Some of the silhouettes were reminiscent of Dior. The off the shoulder dresses are so cute. It's all very wearable too, aside from a few suits that may look bulky on regular people.

These are my favorite looks:

Versace looked so tacky, and not in a good way. The slits were crazy high on some of the dresses. Karmen's dress flew so high that you could see her crotch. The fabrics looked really cheap too. Many of the dresses were poorly draped so they wrinkled awkwardly and bunched up in the wrong places. I loved the casting though, aside from Juliblah Nobis and Cara.

Gucci was terrible. The clothes looked bulky on the models, and you know a dress is really bad if it makes Anja Rubik look fat. Disliked the mesh on the gowns. The peacock feathers could've been a nice touch if only Frida knew what to do with them. It's a shame because it could've been a nice collection if only the clothes were fitted properly. These are the only looks I liked:
(only the top, the pants make her thighs look huge)

Was hoping for something OTT white trash and deliciously tacky from DSquared2. Instead they sent out a collection that would look perfect for a costume party.

B

Babydoll

Yes! Prada was beautiful. Those coats were amazing. I loved the messy hair too, it looked so effortless.

And Dolce & Gabbana was amazing too. The tiaras were so cute, the mosaic dresses were gorgeous and when the red clothes started popping out... :luv:

C'estCoco

Rookie
Website
iwill-shine.tumblr.com
And Dolce & Gabbana was amazing too. The tiaras were so cute, the mosaic dresses were gorgeous and when the red clothes started popping out... :luv:
I have to admit that before I never was a real fan of D&G. But since the ss 2012 collection I'm in love with their clothes! And I guess I'm not the only one.. :luv:

D

Daisy

I've always be a fan of Dolce & Gabbana, of their clothes and their show. Lately it became a bit boring unfortunately, but this collection is AMAZING.

Super Star
I don't even know what to say...this is just mindblowing. Fashion nowadays is vintage, modified versions of past designs. This is innovative and revolutionary. Something that should go down in history. As groundbreaking as Dior's New Look in the 1940s or the Antwerp 6 and deconstructionalism. It goes beyond "pretty" and challenges the limits of what clothes truly are. I can't imagine how complex the construction of the dress must be to function folded up, and then have the fabric flow down so gracefully to reveal another dress. This is something that could be the next step in fashion - transforming clothes.

Hussein Chalayan F/W 2013

D

Daisy

I don't even know what to say...this is just mindblowing. Fashion nowadays is vintage, modified versions of past designs. This is innovative and revolutionary. Something that should go down in history. As groundbreaking as Dior's New Look in the 1940s or the Antwerp 6 and deconstructionalism. It goes beyond "pretty" and challenges the limits of what clothes truly are. I can't imagine how complex the construction of the dress must be to function folded up, and then have the fabric flow down so gracefully to reveal another dress. This is something that could be the next step in fashion - transforming clothes.

It is unreal! I'm totally going to watch it.
i loved your smart words about it. You should work in the fashion industry.

nocturne13

Runt

Ive been hearing about this and now that i've seen his collection i'm just blown away...so innovative and beautiful :)

B

Babydoll

Hmm... I liked Dior. The simple dresses with the small pop art prints were very charming. And the pastels and black-and-white were very cute. It's nothing outstanding but it's very wearable, and it sells. The set was beautiful too.

Looks I liked:

This made me frown though:

And this makes me wonder: why did they give Kasia that outfit? It seems like every season they always dress her in the worst from the whole show and she's already an established well-known model. Too bad they treat her like a filler :(

B

Babydoll

And for the moment everyone was waiting for...

*drumroll*

Balenciaga under Alexander Wang.

I admit I expected to hate it more than I did, because I really don't like Alexander Wang and filling Guesquière's shoes is something huge. But I liked some of it. It's still underwhelming for a house like Balenciaga. Nonetheless it was nice, even if it got boring at parts:

I liked this look a lot though:

Rhianna

Rising Star
For those that like the Hussein Chalayan transformer dresses he did another show in 2007 with some similar items.

The video below contains some (artistic) nudity near the end.

B

Babydoll

I think it's already obvious but I'll point it out: it's safe to say that this was the worst, most disappointing eyesore this season.

Ugh, why would you do that Tisci? :facepalm:
The only good thing was the cast (which was amazing).
Even the celebrities sitting front row sucked (aka Kim K).

Silent Night

Grand Dame
It is unreal! I'm totally going to watch it.
i loved your smart words about it. You should work in the fashion industry.
This is what she's like at 14 :bow:. Just imagine what she'll do to fashion when she's old enough to get a job :lol: