Everyday Jewellery

classichic

Super Star
Jan 27, 2012
Somewhere
What jewellery do you wear everyday?

I want inspiration to update my jewellery, particularly a necklace.
Any ideas on an everyday simple but elegant necklace (don't say initial ones) - and not ones that are dangling, because most of the time mine has to be out of sight.

Pictures are more helpful

I wear so much jewelry, I'm really into antiques, such as this:

500x500_fitbox-antique_necklace_nj48a.jpg

I really only like gold and silver, for me fashion jewelry is not delicate enough :p.

And I've always wanted a little key like this:
LA%20VIE%20PARISIENNE%20JEWELRY%20RHINESTONE%20KEY%20NECKLACE%20LVP0905G-Edit-2-24645.jpg

I really like to buy my jewelry in the orient, it's much cheaper there too.
33_Gold_earrings_7926.jpg

I wear so much jewelry, I'm really into antiques, such as this:

500x500_fitbox-antique_necklace_nj48a.jpg

I really only like gold and silver, for me fashion jewelry is not delicate enough :p.

And I've always wanted a little key like this:
LA%20VIE%20PARISIENNE%20JEWELRY%20RHINESTONE%20KEY%20NECKLACE%20LVP0905G-Edit-2-24645.jpg

I really like to buy my jewelry in the orient, it's much cheaper there too.
33_Gold_earrings_7926.jpg

Those are gorgeous except I can't wear these at the hospital. I'm looking for something delicate but not too delicate that I can wear everyday. I'm currently wearing my diamond everyday but I want something a bit more simple to wear everyday.

I usually only wear pearl earrings, but you could try a simple delicate gold chain? My mum has worn a white gold chain every day for about ten years and it still looks beautiful - classic and subtle but adds a bit of sparkle to every outfit.

1054.jpg

Almost everyday I wear a large antique coin pendent; it's a little less than ~1" in diameter and I have it on a really thin sterling silver box chain that sits around my lower ribs.

I also have a necklace of gem babies that I put together in Nice, France.
BB412004_1_17.jpg
BB412003_1_17.jpg

I have a gem baby for each member of my family. You can't really tell from the GIANT GEM BABY PHOTOS :lol: but it's quite delicate, sitting around my collarbones :)

I wear my murano pendant that I got from Venice from time to time. It is the size of a coin. It looks something like this, but in different colors.

OV320_7.jpg

I have this great, delicate horseshoe gold necklace that I wear every day. I found it on Etsy.com which is a great site for buying unique jewelry and clothes.

il_570xN.196081444.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I wear usually diamond stud earrings, my wedding rings and rotate through a number of fine chain necklaces with little clusters of diamonds or row of diamonds

I tend to not wear a ton of jewelry - just my engagement/wedding rings, a moonstone ring on the other hand, and most of the time a small necklace that is special to me (but not always). Other than that, just simple rings (all silver in color) in all of my...9...piercings, haha. I'll take a photo of them later. :)

I adore jewellery, though sometimes, especially when it's hot, I feel almost as if it 'weighs me down' even the lightest pieces, and seems like too much clutter. Some of my favourites at the moment though are
trollbeads - particularly their earrings, just thought I'd share even if impractical for you...
media39.jpeg
m21q_RYXupLtxNuRdCBYhjg.jpg

pilgrim15124-2833.jpg

their necklaces are stunning too.

I adore jewellery, though sometimes, especially when it's hot, I feel almost as if it 'weighs me down' even the lightest pieces, and seems like too much clutter. Some of my favourites at the moment though are
trollbeads - particularly their earrings, just thought I'd share even if impractical for you...
media39.jpeg

pilgrim15124-2833.jpg

wow. I'm in love !now I know what I'm giving my self when I lose 10 pounds.

@maria90 they are such unique pieces, I love the idea of setting a treat for every bit of weight you lose that is significant, or for every goal you reach. In a way, I will be doing the same. I know I am getting some jewellery for my Birthday, I have a goal set by then and if I reach it I will accept it, if I don't . I'll wait until I've reached my goal to open it.

Last edited by a moderator:
media39.jpeg

pilgrim15124-2833.jpg

Those Russian doll earrings are gorgeous! Want!

@slenderous I'm wearing them right now, they're so gorgeous! you can order them from the website 'artyfax' :)

Excellent, thanks for that! :grin:

I know what you mean about feeling weighed down, too. I love big chunky necklaces but they sometimes irritate me so much I take them off halfway through the day.

Last edited by a moderator: