Engagement Rings

I saw this thread and couldn't resist :p
I'll be married in a little over a month, so my life is all about this wedding stuff right now.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 193
I saw this thread and couldn't resist :p
I'll be married in a little over a month, so my life is all about this wedding stuff right now.

Haha I'm going to a friend’s wedding in June and she has the exact same ring (her diamond is a bit smaller though).
Be careful with that design. She broke hers (by getting it caught in the banister going down the stairs) after only having it for 2 months. (She got a new one made, her bf was not happy :nervous:)

Reactions: 1 user
I'll want a vintage ring, when the time comes... something unique and lovely.

clover_filigree_diamond_solitaire_1_1024x1024.jpg

:luv::luv::luv:

3283_77393429830_5606589_n.jpg

This is my engagement/wedding ring. It's 20 k white gold with a European cut diamond and two sapphires (I'm a sapphire girl - I admit it), made in the 1920's. The engravings remind me of the art deco style, but I'm not great with jewelry - I'd have to ask my husband (he was a jeweler before I convinced him to go into engineering). My great grandmother was a total bitch (not in the fun way) but had a fabulous fashion sense. I inherited it, and it's the only piece of jewelry from that family that survived my family's house burning down.

It's a little bit large on me now, due to weight loss, but I won't re-size it due to it being an heirloom.

And you can see the ring I bought my husband for our engagement. :sneaky:

Haha I'm going to a friend’s wedding in June and she has the exact same ring (her diamond is a bit smaller though).
Be careful with that design. She broke hers (by getting it caught in the banister going down the stairs) after only having it for 2 months. (She got a new one made, her bf was not happy :nervous:)

I'm very clumsy and it doesn't help that the ring has so much height. But, its been over a year and so far its fine *knock on wood*
we did end up getting it insured though.

@MCgirl thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
577995_600595181008_777828727_n.jpg

529313_600595171028_1233329853_n.jpg

That's mine on my wedding bouquet and sort of a side view in a ring box. It's a family heirloom, and absolutely lovely. I am a big fan of simple (and honestly didn't even care about having a ring or not), but I also love things that are a little different. I'm glad it's not huge, I feel like that would only get in the way!

Those pictures are really beautiful, the rings is stunning... I love that you have an heirloom, I hope that mine will be an heirloom to my ancestors and family.

I love the Chanel look of black and white together, I just think it is so classic and timeless, and my dream ring is a black diamond and clear diamond on silver
rdb_121329_b_l-1_blk_dia_14k_wg_blk_rdm_plated.jpg

@salander suggested that I share my ring with you all so here it is! The picture is taken from my engagement shoot. It's an antique....Edwardian I think. :luv:

Attachments

• Alan_phillip_photography-Miami-engagement-session-Matheson-Park-21.jpg
    Alan_phillip_photography-Miami-engagement-session-Matheson-Park-21.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 142
@salander suggested that I share my ring with you all so here it is! The picture is taken from my engagement shoot. It's an antique....Edwardian I think. :luv:

OMG, it is beautiful! What a unique and stunning design - thanks so much for posting a pic so I could see! :)

Many congratulations and best wishes again!

I love antique jewelry and yours is stunning! Congrats on the engagement! :)

Also not engaged, buuuut.... I suspect the time is getting closer ;)

I've been sure to pin multiple pictures of this type of ring so that the bf is able to find out what I like (not ashamed), but this exact ring would be of serious "in my dreams" proportion:

PS love how (comparatively) skinny the girl's fingers on the right are... :luv::luv::luv:

Attachments

• cushion.jpg
    cushion.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 137
  • cushion2.jpg
    cushion2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 137
What a load of gorgeous rings! There's some seriously good taste on this thread. We talked about getting engaged for a long time before we did so my fiance knew I wanted a yellow sapphire, emerald cut on yellow gold. The diamonds on the shoulders were a nice touch though :) I think he did rather well, if I do say so myself!

251436_10151262347381454_852346942_n.jpg

523156_10151262344796454_802932793_n.jpg

Please excuse the hugeness of the pics (the upload from my laptop kept failing so I had to link from my fb) and the shockingness of the nails.

Reactions: 1 user
I know that especially in the USA there is a huge deal about engagements and engagement rings. Not so much in Germany, at least where I live.

I know that my bf wants to propose and (ok beeing totally superficial here but) I'm afraid that I might not like the ring he's going to chose.

Did you smuggle a picture of rings you like in his wallet? Or did you show him? Or did your husband just have an incredible good taste? And do you know how much did your rings cost?

Thanks for your replies :kiss: