Engagement Rings

SFsun

Rookie
Jan 26, 2012
Northern California
I know some of you skinnies out there are engaged or married and I'm sure nearly everyone of us has envisioned their perfect rock. What is your preference for rings? What does yours look like? What is your dream ring?

Right now, I think this type tops my list:
1c8149dd10222161c0b6631c7d6f6e19.jpg

I am married. My engagement ring is a (just about) 2 karat princess cut and I absolutely love it. It is set up really high and has diamonds all on the side and omg its beautiful. My wedding band is just a forever band with diamonds all around. My man did a great job! I will try and post a pic sometime when I'm more coherent.

I've actually never thought about the actual ring but marriage yes. It's not a main priority for me weird to say but if I had to choose a ring it would be simple with not a lot of bling lol But something that stamps my personality.1 carat or less with an engraving or something like that.

The ring you have lookss pretty!

Mariah.jpg

I like Mariah Carey's ring. Okay, so maybe it's $3,000,000. :rolleyes: I'm clearly worth it though.

Yeah I'm joking. I like simple, classy, and elegant! Anything that looks delicate and compliments bony fingers well would be fine. :eek:

577995_600595181008_777828727_n.jpg

529313_600595171028_1233329853_n.jpg

That's mine on my wedding bouquet and sort of a side view in a ring box. It's a family heirloom, and absolutely lovely. I am a big fan of simple (and honestly didn't even care about having a ring or not), but I also love things that are a little different. I'm glad it's not huge, I feel like that would only get in the way!

I'm married now and this ring is too big for my finger. But it's an amethyst in white gold. I either wanted a emerald or amethyst cause I like the colours and dont really like diamonds. (I'm weird) My husband tells me that there wasn't an emerald this size he could get in time for our anniversary to propose.

I translate that too he bought it a week before at most.... Gah

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365243272698.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365243272698.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 185
Here's my engagement ring and wedding band. I love it :luv:
The quality/cut/color is all high on the charts too. Outside it shines blue.
image_zps587dc4fb.jpg

image_zpsff5b37e9.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
here is my ring and band.

ring2.jpg

ring1.jpg

sorry the quality is kind of crappy, but you get the idea.. :)

@Coral, your ring is so gorgeous and simple, and our bands are similar :) so pretty

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my engagement ring and wedding band. I love it :luv:
The quality/cut/color is all high on the charts too. Outside it shines blue.
image_zps587dc4fb.jpg

image_zpsff5b37e9.jpg

I love it, it's perfect :luv:
I don't have a dream egagement ring, but I wouldn't mind getting it in a box from Cartier or Graff :lol: Just not in the champagne or food, I know some people like it but I think it's a bit ridiculous- it's sticky, or covered in some sort of sweet dessert, you can accidentally eat or drink it and in the best case you end up fishing for it with your fingers in the glass. Yuck. No, I want my engagement to go in a traditional way- with a man on his knees, just the way it should be :cool:.

Wooooow @Coral, your ring and wedding band are just perfect. I love the color and how the harmonize together! :luv:

For me, I'm not married nor engaged, but I def couldn't say no to a Harry Winston :oops: haha

but I also like the idea of a beautiful vintage ring - maybe a heirloom or something.

Awwwh...one day, one day.

After some research, I decided I didn't really want an engagement ring for three reasons: 1) It doesn't really come from a tradition from all three cultures I identify with as my own, 2) I don't feel comfortable wearing two rings, and 3) I'd be seriously distracted by the shiny which would legitimately hurt my productivity. Women tell me you get over the shiny after a while, but I have a squirrel moment every time I see it on my regular coworkers fingers.

But, when I was looking into it, my "perfect set" was extremely similar to what Coral has! In terms of wedding bands, I want a simple high karat rose gold band. I wanted something simple that would not distract me but also something that is uncommon.

@Xsmall You lucky girl! So much shine. =)