Emma Watson

Disney is remaking many of their movies as live action versions. The only one I really want to see is Mulan and they better not screw it up.
The remake, reboot and remasterization of everything is doing more harm than good to the creative minds out there, but the public is happy with common comfortable places so those are the projects that are being funded . Which sucks, but you can see it everywhere, we're getting sameness but revamped. . .

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
I am glad guys aren't as crazy about her anymore as a few years ago.

Because I almost fall asleep whenever I have to look at her face.
Exactly what I think. I won't say she's ugly. She's a cute/pretty on the lower half of cute/pretty with tendency to mediocrity. Quite okay, not everybody has to be pretty or beautiful. And she has some kind of talent which I won't deny but that's another story. But that hype around her which exaggerated her appearance made her look worse and unlikeable for me. Of course it's not her fault since she wasn't the person who hyped her looks.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I read none of the books so I can't tell how here interpretation was. Somehow the role which suited her the most IMO was Sam in The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
So I have a soft spot for Emma because of Harry Potter and what she's been trying to do for women's rights and raising awareness, but here are some pictures of her from various premieres for Beauty and the Beast. I can see some mommy arms, especially with her strapless dresses. If you're sitting on the fence about going to see the movie, I would recommend it. Even if her acting isn't stellar, I think mostly everyone else's is. Also the Beast is sexy as hell.
Press Tour (1).PNG
Press Tour (2).PNG
Press Tour (3).PNG
Press Tour (4).PNG
Press Tour.PNG

So I have a soft spot for Emma because of Harry Potter and what she's been trying to do for women's rights and raising awareness, but here are some pictures of her from various premieres for Beauty and the Beast. I can see some mommy arms, especially with her strapless dresses. If you're sitting on the fence about going to see the movie, I would recommend it. Even if her acting isn't stellar, I think mostly everyone else's is. Also the Beast is sexy as hell.

Just saw the movie last night and absolutely loved it! However I actually thought Emma was a miscast for Belle... Also, wearing a jumpsuit to the premiere where you are the lead actress??? This is a multi million dollar Disney fairy tale movie! I just thought the look was underwhelming. Reminds me of a tweet where Kylie was wearing a frilly Balmain gown and it looked horrid but then someone posted a picture of the runway model and it looked like a completely different gown. The guy was making the statement, "not everything is for everyone". Here is Emma vs. the Oscar de la Renta model in the jumpsuit...

gallery-1488511774-gettyimages-647300234.jpg

gallery-1488513447-elle-nyfw-fw17-collections-oscar-de-la-renta-02-courtesy-oscar-de-la-renta.jpg

Obviously not on the same scale as Kylie's transformation but really does showcase that fine line between thin and skinny.

I love Emma to death, but her weight fluctuates like no other. I've seen her look downright skinny fabulous a times and at others... there's this.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
It's crazy how dramatic weight gain can be on someone as petite as Emma. This is from an interview she did a few years ago:

BiDiF4H.png

I'd guess that's somewhere between 10-15 lbs of difference? And a whole 4 (UK) sizes.

for women's rights and raising awareness

Tbh this is the part that grates on my nerves the most. Idk if it's her or the people that idolize her that push the 'smart activist celebrity' image but I can't see what she's done/anything substantial that she's said.

Article: Watch Emma Watson Deliver a Game-Changing Speech on Feminism for the U.N.:
Watson’s speech, which was met with a thunderous standing ovation, not only called for action from male allies, but clarified a persistent misconception about feminism in general. She said: "Why is the word such an uncomfortable one? I am from Britain and think it is right that as a woman I am paid the same as my male counterparts. I think it is right that I should be able to make decisions about my own body. I think it is right that women be involved on my behalf in the policies and decision-making of my country. I think it is right that socially I am afforded the same respect as men. But sadly I can say that there is no one country in the world where all women can expect to receive these rights."
Idk what's game changing about it. Seems to be stating the same things that third wave feminism has said over and over again and glossing over complex issues that can't be simplified into 'omg "patriarchy" = the reason for all these problems' 1 (lol the first false statistic shown here was also given by the UN) 2

Also l o l at this article using Ban Ki Moon (who is basically a puppet... 1) as an appeal to authority and acting like UN=must be automatically smart and good

• Agree
Tbh this is the part that grates on my nerves the most. Idk if it's her or the people that idolize her that push the 'smart activist celebrity' image but I can't see what she's done/anything substantial that she's said.

Article: Watch Emma Watson Deliver a Game-Changing Speech on Feminism for the U.N.:

Idk what's game changing about it. Seems to be stating the same things that third wave feminism has said over and over again and glossing over complex issues that can't be simplified into 'omg "patriarchy" = the reason for all these problems' 1 (lol the first false statistic shown here was also given by the UN) 2

Also l o l at this article using Ban Ki Moon (who is basically a puppet... 1) as an appeal to authority and acting like UN=must be automatically smart and good
It's not game changing but people listen to celebs. So I can't hate on the fact that she's using her fame for advocacy instead of advocating for how to take the best butt selfie or how to cake on 1000 layers of contour. Plus she has a decent male fan base. Maybe they'll listen and take some of what she says to heart #wishfulthinking

• Agree
Reactions: 10 users
It's not game changing but people listen to celebs. So I can't hate on the fact that she's using her fame for advocacy instead of advocating for how to take the best butt selfie or how to cake on 1000 layers of contour. Plus she has a decent male fan base. Maybe they'll listen and take some of what she says to heart #wishfulthinking

Fair point, and Emma's also worshipped by plenty of young teen girls, so it's heartening to see this demographic be exposed to a star who's more interested in activism than makeup.

That said, as someone who works in media, it annoys me to no end to come across articles absolutely meant for adults -- such as the one linked by @bingeonvogue, from Vanity Fair -- describing Emma's attitude as "game-changing." Come on, VF. Hold her (and us, as readers) to a higher standard.

• Agree
but people listen to celebs.
worshipped by plenty of young teen girls, so it's heartening to see this demographic be exposed to a star who's more interested in activism
I'm not sure about this and am honestly curious about what people think of this – does it actually help? I mean it doesn't seem like it helped Hillary :busted: