Emma Watson

I really really love Emma's personality and face..but she could stand to lose. I also noticed someone pointed out that she has an unfortunate build, and yes she certainly does.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-08-17 at 4.12.12 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-08-17 at 4.12.12 PM.png
    335.6 KB · Views: 208
I noticed, that she always strats to lose some weight, then she just stops. Maybe she isn't strong enought to carry it all the way to skinny land, or she just thinks that a few pounds are enough, i don't know, but it is so annoying. She tricks me every time. I always let myself to believe, that "Oh great, she finally came to her senses." But no... she never does...
And what is that kristenstewart style facial thingie that she does on the second picture in the middle????
normal_WF-GiambattistaValliShowAtParisFashionWeek-7July14-006.jpg
emma-watson-in-valentino-paris-couture-fashion-week-aw14.png

How does her face manage to look so skinny and elegant even when her body is an absolute mess? Ugh, it's so unfair.

How does her face manage to look so skinny and elegant even when her body is an absolute mess? Ugh, it's so unfair.
I think it isn't very god, beacuse if you see the weight gain immediately on your face, you tend to be more careful aout your bodey. So consider it a good thing. :)

I just watched her speech for HeForShe and I found it really inspiring. I've always liked her and the fact that she's doing such a good job representing young women makes me love her even more.

I noticed, that she always strats to lose some weight, then she just stops. Maybe she isn't strong enought to carry it all the way to skinny land, or she just thinks that a few pounds are enough, i don't know, but it is so annoying. She tricks me every time. I always let myself to believe, that "Oh great, she finally came to her senses." But no... she never does...
And what is that kristenstewart style facial thingie that she does on the second picture in the middle????
View attachment 4237 View attachment 4238
Yes, she always does this. Same with Blake Lively. Such a shame because they both have such beautiful faces. I would actually love to see Blake actually go though and lose the weight. But, I don't like Emma Watson so I don't really want her to lose weight.

Was I the only person who didn't really like the speech? Weakly delivery, reliant on a bunch of cliches, trying to be empowered but still selling everyone as victims... Nothing that got me fired up.

I compare it to the feminism speech given by Julia Gillard (Aus politician - I don't really follow politics, but it's irrelevant) anyway her speech on feminism was delivered so much better - and she's not even an actress!!! It really struck a cord with me for some reason, and I think it's because she sounded strong, assertive, empowered in her delivery, where as I listen to Emma's speech and she talks like she's going to break down and cry...

Okey doke apologies for above, just re watched the Julia Gillard speech, it's not really about feminism, more about sexism and misogyny. Still the delivery is strong. She sounds strong. And I think that's the main thing I found lacking in Emma's speech

Emma's speech for anyone who missed it:

Okey doke apologies for above, just re watched the Julia Gillard speech, it's not really about feminism, more about sexism and misogyny. Still the delivery is strong. She sounds strong. And I think that's the main thing I found lacking in Emma's speech

Emma's speech for anyone who missed it:

This is slightly off topic and not directly aimed at you but surely the content, context and intent of the speech matter more than its delivery? While I'm not sure I agree with her speech entirely and it was poorly delivered in parts, why is there the expectation that she has to sound strong in order for it to be considered a good or meaningful speech?
Lots of people are focusing more on the fact that she sounded nervous, about to cry etc than on what she actually said . She made some good points and I think it's a triumph in itself that this kind of thing is beginning to be spoken about more, regardless of whether it was 100% perfect.

I think she's lovely and she s definitely among the few examples where i really couldn't care less whether or not she decides to be a legit skinny. She has a thin face, which helps alot, and as long as she doesn't get chubby or talk about 'body positivity' or some bs i'm happy with her. She's very intelligent and well spoken, as well as aware, and to be quite honest, that's harder to find among beautiful celebrities or models than thinness is.

Reactions: 1 user
This is slightly off topic and not directly aimed at you but surely the content, context and intent of the speech matter more than its delivery? While I'm not sure I agree with her speech entirely and it was poorly delivered in parts, why is there the expectation that she has to sound strong in order for it to be considered a good or meaningful speech?
Lots of people are focusing more on the fact that she sounded nervous, about to cry etc than on what she actually said . She made some good points and I think it's a triumph in itself that this kind of thing is beginning to be spoken about more, regardless of whether it was 100% perfect.

She's an actress - her job is to be able to deliver lines.
I wouldn't be this harsh if the speech was given by (for example) a sportsperson or model or something.
But even if it had - what is the purpose of the speech? What was the purpose of delivering it as a speech rather than, say, a press release or written article?
Inspiration? Firing people up about feminism? Evoking some passion? It really didn't do that. And a mint delivery would have helped.
I wasn't particularly inspired by the content either.

Inspiration? Firing people up about feminism? Evoking some passion? It really didn't do that.

Why do you believe that? I've seen this reposted on my Facebook news feed many times by people who felt inspired by Emma Watson's words, and one of the most viral images of today was a picture of Emma Watson with a quote from her speech. There has been almost entirely positive feedback to her speech on social media (yours is actually the first negative thing I've seen). The fact that such a popular celebrity declares herself as a feminist and supports feminism has made feminists a lot more likable. I know there was a lot of backlash against feminism because of the extremists, but Emma Watson has made it popular again. I've seen more posts about feminism on facebook in the past 2 days than I've seen in the past 2 years. I would definitely say she has raised a lot more support for this cause, especially amongst young people, regardless of flaws in her speech or delivery. And IMO that's all that matters. Most people would not know about HeforShe if it was not for Emma Watson.

ETA: Love her outfit :p Can anyone ID it? I would guess Dior but I'm not 100% sure

Why do you believe that? I've seen this reposted on my Facebook news feed many times by people who felt inspired by Emma Watson's words, and one of the most viral images of today was a picture of Emma Watson with a quote from her speech. There has been almost entirely positive feedback to her speech on social media (yours is actually the first negative thing I've seen). The fact that such a popular celebrity declares herself as a feminist and supports feminism has made feminists a lot more likable. I know there was a lot of backlash against feminism because of the extremists, but Emma Watson has made it popular again. I've seen more posts about feminism on facebook in the past 2 days than I've seen in the past 2 years. I would definitely say she has raised a lot more support for this cause, especially amongst young people, regardless of flaws in her speech or delivery. And IMO that's all that matters. Most people would not know about HeforShe if it was not for Emma Watson.

ETA: Love her outfit :p Can anyone ID it? I would guess Dior but I'm not 100% sure
Yes, I agree. It's been on my newsfeed by a lot of my friends, it has all been positive, I don't like her or agree with her completely but I have to admit she has increased awareness and I guess in certain situations it's a good idea to get celebrities to be involved - to increase awareness on certain matters. I do think it's made a positive impact. Although I did read somewhere she's received a lot of negativity from internet trolls, seriously I don't get people sometimes. You may not like a person or agree with her or whatever else but why do people spend so much energy being rude online, I just don't understand it.

Yes, I agree. It's been on my newsfeed by a lot of my friends, it has all been positive, I don't like her or agree with her completely but I have to admit she has increased awareness and I guess in certain situations it's a good idea to get celebrities to be involved - to increase awareness on certain matters. I do think it's made a positive impact. Although I did read somewhere she's received a lot of negativity from internet trolls, seriously I don't get people sometimes. You may not like a person or agree with her or whatever else but why do people spend so much energy being rude online, I just don't understand it.

Apparently they leaked naked photos of her online http://www.theguardian.com/women-in...ed-photos-but-made-her-voice-louder?CMP=fb_gu although I've also heard that it was just a hoax to try and get 4chan shut down, so who knows. Like you said, trolls, because if the picture on the front of that magizine is one of the ones that got "leaked," it's already on this thread and has been for a while if I'm remembering correctly.

I also thought her voice shook quite a bit, but I put it down to speaking in front of such a group of high profile group of people about a topic she really cares about. My Facebook exploded with this video, and I think she did a really good job of inspiring people and bringing awareness to the topic. It's trending pretty much everywhere.

When she went to Brown, I saw her probably once a week. In person, she really doesn't have thunder thighs, she's a cute, petite girl. Slender, not skinny but not so average that she looks chunky.

Oh it's so cool that you have actually seen her. If you would have to estimate her height and weight, what would you say?

I know this picture is pretty old (and she is at least looking *better* now than she was before), but holy crap, EVERYTHING about this picture is just :superpuke:

The unflattering pose, the unforgiving cut of the bikini, the color that washes her out, the cheap, tacky shoes, plain makeup, drab hair... Seriously, what were these people thinking???
It's like her stylist here was TRYING to make her look bad! :nopity:

I hope, you guys all know, that except those black bikini pics, it is not her. Those other bikini photoes are potoshopped by some crazy minded people who thought its funny to edit a 14 year old girls face on a model or any one with boobs.

Photoes are so unreliable... she looks okay in one picture, and then she looks like a fatty... Which one should i believe?
ew2.jpg
ew.jpg