Emilia Clarke

As many of you I was 100% sure that didn’t work out at all, James Duigan is quite known and I’m sure he is a pro at his job but... I wonder how it’s possible to be on such a strict regimen and still manage to look that soft and chubby. Wow.

My guess: might have something to do with this:

The minute you begin to weigh your food, count your kilojoules or beat yourself up for going out for dinner, it's over,' James said.

'"What you resist, persists". So, rather than fighting against your cravings and making it a battle, simply let it go.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I know this thread hasn’t been updated in months now but:

https://www.google.it/amp/www.daily...Thrones-Emilia-Clarke-gets-enviable-body.html

This is the link to an interview/article about Emilia’s workout regime during the filming of GOT with the celebrity trainer Duigan:
“Australian personal trainer, James Duigan has trained her over the years and recently revealed some of the key tips he has for those looking to sculpt a lean yet healthy physique. Emilia Clarke, who plays the Queen of Dragons in Game of Thrones, follows a regime to stay in shape and maintain her stamina during hours of intense filming sessions.”

As many of you I was 100% sure that didn’t work out at all, James Duigan is quite known and I’m sure he is a pro at his job but... I wonder how it’s possible to be on such a strict regimen and still manage to look that soft and chubby. Wow.

It's possible if you aren't careful about what you eat.

62E8FD08-CA57-46C6-98E9-863EF5E9DDB5.jpeg

Oh hey you! :lol:

• Gross
  • WTF
My guess: might have something to do with this:
I think that advice is great for an average person (i.e. eat healthy and exercise regularly, don't make bad choices, but don't stop your social life or get obsessive over the difference between 75 and 85 grams of pasta and/or don't measure your salad's olive oil) but for an actress that could be the difference between being in peak condition and being average. I can easily imagine getting to her body type eating "healthy" foods but just too much of them

Reactions: 1 user
my favorite comment on that article though:

^"
TishTash, Manc, Western Sahara, 4 months ago

The best exercise guaranteed to lose weight is clamping the teeth shut when near food.

• Agree
  • Funny
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Resurrecting this thread to rant about the fact that I am utterly mystified every time Emilia Clarke comes up and all anyone, male or female, wants to talk about is how "beautiful/sexy/gorgeous" she is and I just sit there scratching my head and wondering if we're looking at the same woman.

emilia-clarke.jpg

emilia-clarke-oscars-2019-12.jpg

91st-academy-awards-oscars-hollywood_b69d2eb2-388e-11e9-a8d4-ce33a0cf3537.jpg

Ok, I know I did her dirty on that last one. Had to. :twisted: Anyway, I sometimes get her appeal. With the right hair and makeup I've seen her look genuinely stunning, but THIS... it's not just the fact that that her arms make we want to do 10,000 jumping jacks, it's the unflattering dress, the severe hair, the painfully tight-lipped smile and squinting eyes. I cringe and yet everyone around me is gagging for her. :wtf:

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
I cringe and yet everyone around me is gagging for her. :wtf:
Bad arms. I sympathize:cry:. But do people just ignore arms nowadays?? When I was at my heaviest, BMI 19ish, the rest of my body still looked slim and pretty ok, but my arms were disproportionately huge. People still told me I was "soooo skinny" though. They said they didn't notice my arms because I had a small waist (debatable) etc etc. I think people (apart from us lol) really don't pay attention to how arms look and judge skinniness exclusively by someone's waist size, which is what might be happening here..

• WTF
Bad arms. I sympathize:cry:. But do people just ignore arms nowadays?? When I was at my heaviest, BMI 19ish, the rest of my body still looked slim and pretty ok, but my arms were disproportionately huge. People still told me I was "soooo skinny" though. They said they didn't notice my arms because I had a small waist (debatable) etc etc. I think people (apart from us lol) really don't pay attention to how arms look and judge skinniness exclusively by someone's waist size, which is what might be happening here..

Weird... arms are the very first thing I look at.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
In my opinion fat arms, especially disproportionately fat arms are extremely unfortunate and can make you look worse even if the rest of you is slimmer. And I've heard straight male friends praise attractive girls for having small or bony shoulders / collarbones / arms and remark upon other girls' chubby arms with disgust, soo it's not just SG noticing these body parts at least.

Thick, shapeless, squishy arms like hers with no hint of tone or bone make me :superpuke:even more than bigger thighs or a softer stomach to be honest.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
In my opinion fat arms, especially disproportionately fat arms are extremely unfortunate and can make you look worse even if the rest of you is slimmer.
Trust me, I know :( I think some people tend to overlook fat arms if you have a good waist, though. I guess it all depends on the person and their own body type; I'm known to overlook bad legs/stomach if the person has a good upper body (aka when I posted Paris Hilton in Thinspo Dump and ignored how average her body was just bc she had good arms:hahano::hahano::hahano:). For me to have the same arms of an average BMI 17 girl, I'd have to be at maximum BMI 14, so I guess it makes sense for me to equate skinny arms with overall skinniness.

Resurrecting this thread to rant about the fact that I am utterly mystified every time Emilia Clarke comes up and all anyone, male or female, wants to talk about is how "beautiful/sexy/gorgeous" she is and I just sit there scratching my head and wondering if we're looking at the same woman.

emilia-clarke.jpg

emilia-clarke-oscars-2019-12.jpg

91st-academy-awards-oscars-hollywood_b69d2eb2-388e-11e9-a8d4-ce33a0cf3537.jpg

Ok, I know I did her dirty on that last one. Had to. :twisted: Anyway, I sometimes get her appeal. With the right hair and makeup I've seen her look genuinely stunning, but THIS... it's not just the fact that that her arms make we want to do 10,000 jumping jacks, it's the unflattering dress, the severe hair, the painfully tight-lipped smile and squinting eyes. I cringe and yet everyone around me is gagging for her. :wtf:

Oh God, she reminds me of Barbie Ferreira in that last photo - and that is so, so far from a compliment...

• Agree
TBH Emilia Clarke has never been skinny, slim, slender, etc. She's always been slightly chubby, and even at her smallest I'm sure a "normal" person would look at her and say "yup got a bit of extra junk in the trunk".

This thread should really just be in takedowns at this point.

And in other, sad news, can we have a moment of silence for what could have been if Tamzin Merchant actually had been cast as Danny? What a waste.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
TBH Emilia Clarke has never been skinny, slim, slender, etc. She's always been slightly chubby, and even at her smallest I'm sure a "normal" person would look at her and say "yup got a bit of extra junk in the trunk".

This thread should really just be in takedowns at this point.

And in other, sad news, can we have a moment of silence for what could have been if Tamzin Merchant actually had been cast as Danny? What a waste.

I think about that all the time. She would have been stunning. Also, I get really tired of Emilia's schtick as Danearys anyway.

• Agree
I think about that all the time. She would have been stunning. Also, I get really tired of Emilia's schtick as Danearys anyway.
Agreed. Tamzin was stunning in Salem, her portrayal of Anne was beautifully nuanced, heartfelt and poignant... Emilia doesn't have any of the same spirit in her portrayals of Danny. She's just... so flat.

• Agree
It looks like she has lost some weight:

31726360-8608151-image-a-26_1596927656960.jpg
31725558-8608151-image-a-16_1596926764515.jpg
31726192-8608151-image-a-24_1596927188143.jpg

I was just coming to see if someone had put this up! Crazy to see the transformation from before to this. For a short actress, major improvement. I'm curious as to why the sudden weight loss though?

The difference in her arms is incredible, how much weight do you think she lost?

Before: :wtf:
emilia-clarke.jpeg

0D5B232E-69C4-4F55-BCCA-865327353B0E.png.77e9ad84fd9da24bcd3e6ea139610d62.png

After:
31726186-8608151-image-a-47_1596928432744.jpg

31726760-8608151-image-m-68_1596928951471.jpg

31726938-8608151-image-a-79_1596929311269.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 8 users