Emilia Clarke

I'm not impressed at all. She's just so bland to me. I think her face only looks interesting with the platinum blonde on the show. Otherwise, blah, basic looking woman.
You would think that with so many beautiful women on the catwalks whose job is to take care of themselves, esquire would be able to find a "sexiest woman of the year" more suited to the title. Or would that be promoting unrealistic beauty standards and eating disorders?:blahblah:

Reactions: 1 users
You would think that with so many beautiful women on the catwalks whose job is to take care of themselves, esquire would be able to find a "sexiest woman of the year" more suited to the title. Or would that be promoting unrealistic beauty standards and eating disorders?:blahblah:

I once saw a skinny woman and I totally got an eating disorder from it, guys. So thank god they show real women on TV, so I can get rid of my ED. Pass the cookies!

Reactions: 4 users
You would think that with so many beautiful women on the catwalks whose job is to take care of themselves, esquire would be able to find a "sexiest woman of the year" more suited to the title.

Speaking as the Parent of a Dragon it's refreshing for someone within our community to be acknowledged by a mainstream publication. Reptism remains a widespread societal issue, and Emilia's dubious nomination is hopefully representative of a shift towards more enlightened attitudes. Or heavier ones, depending on your point of view.

Reactions: 6 users
She's good at what she does. I wish she'd lift a weight or two or ten every now and then. She surely won't be skinny because she's naturally thick (A little bone mass here and little organ mass there), and I'm nor sure skinny would even look great on her. But she could look fit. She should look fit because both DragonMom and Sarah Connor are warriors. I'm getting flashbacks of JLaw when she was a tubs for the roles of Katniss and Mystique. Seriously ladies, look the part. It is an important part of playing the part. /vent

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I agree 100%, just like a model's body is supposed to fit sample sizes, an actor/actress' body is supposed to fit their character.

I agree 100%, just like a model's body is supposed to fit sample sizes, an actor/actress' body is supposed to fit their character.
So here's a solution: start writing better looking characters!

Fer real tho. I was reading Gail Carriger's series The Parasol Protectorate and I had to stop at the third book because the author couldn't refrain from talking about how fat her character is- from the wiki, "It is stated on many occasions that she is rather tall, being not much shorter than her husband, and that she is plus-sized, with a large chest." I don't need to know that shit. Let me keep dreaming of a thin, waif-like protagonist, shit.

[/RANT]

So here's a solution: start writing better looking characters!

Fer real tho. I was reading Gail Carriger's series The Parasol Protectorate and I had to stop at the third book because the author couldn't refrain from talking about how fat her character is- from the wiki, "It is stated on many occasions that she is rather tall, being not much shorter than her husband, and that she is plus-sized, with a large chest." I don't need to know that shit. Let me keep dreaming of a thin, waif-like protagonist, shit.

[/RANT]
Well what use would writing be with no description? Yeah, writers should definitely not write better looking characters for a slew of reasons. As much as I would have loved to see a gorgeously handsome Hagrid or Dumbledore, it's entirely unrealistic and frankly, boring as hell. Also, you can only write a 13 or 14 year old's appearance to look a certain way before it gets too Lolita-ish.

Reactions: 4 users
Well what use would writing be with no description? Yeah, writers should definitely not write better looking characters for a slew of reasons. As much as I would have loved to see a gorgeously handsome Hagrid or Dumbledore, it's entirely unrealistic and frankly, boring as hell. Also, you can only write a 13 or 14 year old's appearance to look a certain way before it gets too Lolita-ish.
I wasn't referring to GoT, Danny's written descriptions are perfectly fine by me, Martin doesn't usually go out of his way to bring up how exceptionally large or small she is- I take issue when writers make it a point to constantly talk about their characters appearance. Yes, we get it, three books in and the protagonist is Italian with big tits and kind of fat, you don't have to fucking tell us every goddamn page.

Off topic rant, I know, but I had to put down The Parasol Protectorate because of that. And no, of course not all characters should be written as super handsome or beautiful, that's not at all what I said.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I don't think she lost too much. I love her, but this isn't happening. The face is the result of makeup. The waist appears thin due to the angle (she's doing a semi-rotation with her body). The arms, the outer curves of the thighs and bum are better indicators.
I agree, I saw the movie and she does not look like this AT ALL.

I wasn't referring to GoT, Danny's written descriptions are perfectly fine by me, Martin doesn't usually go out of his way to bring up how exceptionally large or small she is- I take issue when writers make it a point to constantly talk about their characters appearance. Yes, we get it, three books in and the protagonist is Italian with big tits and kind of fat, you don't have to fucking tell us every goddamn page.

Off topic rant, I know, but I had to put down The Parasol Protectorate because of that. And no, of course not all characters should be written as super handsome or beautiful, that's not at all what I said.

Okay I know this is a really old post but I am obsessed with Gail Carriger's work and kind of want to weigh in on the subject.

Honestly, I found the fact that Alexia wasn't conventionally pretty (by the fictional society's standards) to be so refreshing. I could sort of relate to her-when your face isn't anything special, you kind of just have to suck it up and deal with it (though there's always make-up nowadays ;)). And although I myself aspire to be skinny-skinny, I am 100% for body positivity, as long as it promotes healthy lifestyles/weights and includes everyone (fat, skinny, in between, whatever). So Alexia being more "curvaceous" was actually more of a plus to me.

In regards to how Carriger constantly mentions her appearance, I actually think it's intentional. Victorian society was very focused on outer appearances, especially in terms of how they regarded women, and I think the repeated descriptions of Alexia were meant to highlight that. It felt more like satiric irony to me. I don't know-I could be totally wrong, but that's just my two cents :D

Alright, back on topic :D

I honestly don't like Emilia Clarke's outer appearance as Dany, but as long as the acting is good I'm all for it. Dany is described as being rather slender in the books, and Emilia Clarke, well...isn't. Again, I'm all for body positivity, but I also like accurate representation.

I can't argue with her acting, though. From what I've seen, it's awesome! And I guess that's what really matters at the end of the day...how well an actor/actress acts.

What a gorgeous face though :luv:

TALL-ALL-1.jpg

Game-Thrones-Plait-Tutorials-Videos.png

emilia-clarke-likes-sitting-on-the-floor-in-massive-frilly-dresses-pictures.jpg

EDIT: And I agree that she would look 10 times better if she toned up. She'd look so much more badass :D

Okay I know this is a really old post but I am obsessed with Gail Carriger's work and kind of want to weigh in on the subject.

Honestly, I found the fact that Alexia wasn't conventionally pretty (by the fictional society's standards) to be so refreshing. I could sort of relate to her-when your face isn't anything special, you kind of just have to suck it up and deal with it (though there's always make-up nowadays ;)). And although I myself aspire to be skinny-skinny, I am 100% for body positivity, as long as it promotes healthy lifestyles/weights and includes everyone (fat, skinny, in between, whatever). So Alexia being more "curvaceous" was actually more of a plus to me.

In regards to how Carriger constantly mentions her appearance, I actually think it's intentional. Victorian society was very focused on outer appearances, especially in terms of how they regarded women, and I think the repeated descriptions of Alexia were meant to highlight that. It felt more like satiric irony to me. I don't know-I could be totally wrong, but that's just my two cents :D

Alright, back on topic :D

I honestly don't like Emilia Clarke's outer appearance as Dany, but as long as the acting is good I'm all for it. Dany is described as being rather slender in the books, and Emilia Clarke, well...isn't. Again, I'm all for body positivity, but I also like accurate representation.

I can't argue with her acting, though. From what I've seen, it's awesome! And I guess that's what really matters at the end of the day...how well an actor/actress acts.

What a gorgeous face though :luv:

TALL-ALL-1.jpg

Game-Thrones-Plait-Tutorials-Videos.png

emilia-clarke-likes-sitting-on-the-floor-in-massive-frilly-dresses-pictures.jpg

EDIT: And I agree that she would look 10 times better if she toned up. She'd look so much more badass :D

I agree with everything you're saying, it's just the first half is a reply to a discussion from TWO YEARS ago, and the rest of your comment has been reiterated since page 1.

Neither she nor Iain Glen fit their book descriptions which is why I spend most of their scenes thinking either 'her arms look fat' or 'why the hell isn't she into Ser Jorah, he's really attractive?'

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I think she falls into the 'waste of face' category - her face is nearly beautiful

a76ae26445b65a8d61c55fc4222a1fa6--emilia-clarke.jpg

• Agree
I know this thread hasn’t been updated in months now but:

https://www.google.it/amp/www.daily...Thrones-Emilia-Clarke-gets-enviable-body.html

This is the link to an interview/article about Emilia’s workout regime during the filming of GOT with the celebrity trainer Duigan:
“Australian personal trainer, James Duigan has trained her over the years and recently revealed some of the key tips he has for those looking to sculpt a lean yet healthy physique. Emilia Clarke, who plays the Queen of Dragons in Game of Thrones, follows a regime to stay in shape and maintain her stamina during hours of intense filming sessions.”

As many of you I was 100% sure that didn’t work out at all, James Duigan is quite known and I’m sure he is a pro at his job but... I wonder how it’s possible to be on such a strict regimen and still manage to look that soft and chubby. Wow.