Elsa Hosk

longlegz

Grand Dame
since she’s not naturally skinny
As a natural skinny who has a ton of naturally skinny friends I can't resist saying - honey, that doesn't exist.
I honestly miss the times when believing in a "naturally skinny" concept was unacceptable on the forums.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: 11 users

Kit

Grand Dame
As a natural skinny who has a ton of naturally skinny friends I can't resist saying - honey, that doesn't exist.
I honestly miss the times when believing in a "naturally skinny" concept was unacceptable on the forums.
I thought it was just me who noticed a decided change in attitude. I try not to let every bee into my bonnet but this is literally all I think about when I hear that phrase (shamelessly stole this off Snej's thread)tumblr_m7ioox6uXX1r5ck00o1_500.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 12 users

aestheticallyskinny

Grand Dame
I cannot speak about myself as I wasn't skinny throughout my younger years as I've always been a little chubby or more on the average side. But my cousin, who is the same age as I am, was stick thin up until maybe four years ago. After that, she blew up like a balloon, and I was the one who got tiny.
I had a pretty good friend in middle and early high school, and if I am telling you, she was really thin and I always had to stare at her Xylo and long legs.:nervous:
But guess what happened? She got fat and neither does her 180cm height do her any favors anymore. So IMO being natural skinny doesn't exist but more in fact a teenage metabolism and the lack of estrogen before hitting puberty.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

eliza88

Grand Dame

To say they “don’t exist” is a bit of a stretch.
Having a relatively metabolism as a teenager and being able to maintain gangly arms and legs despite eating normal amounts I would say is a “naturally skinny” person.
Yes, probably a small gain in later years after 30, but still relatively thin without going out of their way to eat very little is considered naturally thin.
I’m not saying forever a BMI of 14 for life, but one who just eats a balanced diet and is able to be around BMI 16-17 even after 30 years old.
To say they do not exist is kind of like obese people saying they are just “big boned” and can’t ever get lean.
I understand we work hard to maintain a skinny frame, but there are so many shapes, sizes and metabolisms.
I really have seen this body to exist and usually they are of the Asian gene.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: 2 users

Tinyportia

SkinnyGossip Royal
To say they do not exist is kind of like obese people saying they are just “big boned” and can’t ever get lean.

I would’ve thought it’s the opposite - to say “naturally skinny” exists is the equivalent of fatties saying they are “naturally fat”.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

eliza88

Grand Dame
I would’ve thought it’s the opposite - to say “naturally skinny” exists is the equivalent of fatties saying they are “naturally fat”.

Well, believing being thin does not exist naturally, so while our members try hard to make sure we stay skinny, fat people don’t even try because they think all skinny people must be anorexic.

Reactions: 1 user

SaintLaurentSkinny

Grand Dame
To say they “don’t exist” is a bit of a stretch.
Having a relatively metabolism as a teenager and being able to maintain gangly arms and legs despite eating normal amounts I would say is a “naturally skinny” person.
Yes, probably a small gain in later years after 30, but still relatively thin without going out of their way to eat very little is considered naturally thin.
I’m not saying forever a BMI of 14 for life, but one who just eats a balanced diet and is able to be around BMI 16-17 even after 30 years old.
I understand we work hard to maintain a skinny frame, but there are so many shapes, sizes and metabolisms.
I really have seen this body to exist and usually they are of the Asian gene.
I wouldn’t say that’s a “gene” exactly. As someone who has a few asian women in the family and several Chinese and Japanese close friends, their culture breeds that kind of lifestyle, with a heavy emphasis on smaller being more acceptable. They also eat very fresh foods, with steamed rice and vegetables. A friend even showed me this study before.

Quote: “An increasing number of young girls have attached great importance to their body-image in China. Body-image dissatisfaction has resulted in increased weight loss behavior. The aim of this study was to investigate the factors that were associated with underweight body-image in female college students. Self-administered questionnaires were completed by 2,023 young female participants from eight Chinese universities. In addition, 160 participants were involved in a qualitative study. The ideal body-image and the factors that influence weight were determined using descriptive and analytical statistics. We found that 1,484 out of 2,023 participants (73.36%) had taken action to lose weight in the past six months. Among these participants, 618 (30.55%, out of 2023) participants were already underweight, and 1,161 (57.39%, out of 2023) would like to be much thinner, which would lead to more underweight individuals.”

D97C0FFF-378C-435A-9FD2-E2AEF3BCB7D1.jpeg
I don’t personally believe anyone is naturally anything other than maybe more “petite” or naturally “curvy.” those things do exist. (smaller wrists, thicker legs, a tiny neck.) Moreso, I think some people have a smaller appetite but over the years i’ve learned that while those people aren’t putting the label on a “diet” they are very conscious of what they eat. My “naturally” thin friends in college were secretly working hard for it. They are more in front of other people. They monitored their weight at home. And worked out more often than they led on. I was one of those people that people thought were naturally slim. I was not; i was faking it until I felt like I was. Now it’s part of my life.

If fat people can’t be naturally fat without some sort of weight-gain condition, which is something we boast on here, then it has to be the same for thinness. There are even some skinny people that live off of junk food but that’s all they eat. “Natural” But anyone, no matter what genetics, anyone that overeats day in and day out will gain weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

eliza88

Grand Dame
I wouldn’t say that’s a “gene” exactly

I definitely agree that due to external factors, there’s more pressure in Asia for girls to maintain a skinnier frame and that the diet in Asia consists of no dairy and is relatively healthy overall.

I am curious to see if there would be a difference in genes between that of Asian girls in Asia and that of third or fourth generation of Asian girls in America.
Environmental factors like food, drugs can alter the way molecules bind to DNA and cause structural changes and cause slight changes to gene activity which means they can be brought down from parent to child ( Duke’s Research on Epigenetics) .
I am skeptical in thinking a third generation Asian American who survived two generations on junk food has genes comparably healthy as an Asian living in Asia and having survived many generations on healthy food.

nilly

Rookie
am I the only one who thinks this is not okay? like there are so many pedo's on the internet I don't know just seems wrong putting your baby out there like that. It is a beautiful picture but not for millions of people to see

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 03.06.18.png

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users

7emefille

Rookie
am I the only one who thinks this is not okay? like there are so many pedo's on the internet I don't know just seems wrong putting your baby out there like that. It is a beautiful picture but not for millions of people to see

View attachment 112071
Didn’t even notice Tuli was naked the first time I saw this :lol: All I saw was her bum ofc. But yes I agree- there is something off about posting this for millions of people to see. Youd hope the least she could do was keep her baby girl from any perv’s eyes.

Reactions: 1 user

7emefille

Rookie
She took down the photo and posted this— I am from the US but of course have worked in Copenhagen/etc for months on end. Because of what I saw there, I’m sure she is having a little cultural clash around nudity-beliefs worldwide. I know when I lived in Copenhagen people would just strip down and jump in the river if it was a nice day. No one looked twice or thought it was weird to just get fully naked. Obviously Elsa is Swedish and from the little I know about their culture and saunas lol, I’m sure casual nudity (which the photo can’t quite be called) is not at all the huge deal to her that it is to the US/etc. All that to say, I stand by my comment above, but I do feel bad for her- no one should tell her her baby should be taken from her! 1631798805054.png

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 7 users

skinnymodel2001

Super Star
She took down the photo and posted this— I am from the US but of course have worked in Copenhagen/etc for months on end. Because of what I saw there, I’m sure she is having a little cultural clash around nudity-beliefs worldwide. I know when I lived in Copenhagen people would just strip down and jump in the river if it was a nice day. No one looked twice or thought it was weird to just get fully naked. Obviously Elsa is Swedish and from the little I know about their culture and saunas lol, I’m sure casual nudity (which the photo can’t quite be called) is not at all the huge deal to her that it is to the US/etc. All that to say, I stand by my comment above, but I do feel bad for her- no one should tell her her baby should be taken from her! View attachment 112089
Her answer was incredibly super ignorant. Unfortunately we live in a sick world where adult people have malicious thoughts over a child. Part of my family works at the police and once they attend a 15 days old baby who got raped. I imagine the majority of the comments want to protect her kid of possible pedophiles and the way she shows her gratitude is attacking them? Her argument is completely pointless since are pedophiles all over the world, including her rich Scandinavia. Or she think pedophiles are exclusive to 3rd world countries?
I have zero problem with a woman showing her naked body on her own social media. But I have tons of problem of a woman showing the body of her 8 months child for everyone to see.

• Agree
  • Useful
  • Eye Roll
Reactions: 6 users

marieebo

Community Duchess
She took down the photo and posted this— I am from the US but of course have worked in Copenhagen/etc for months on end. Because of what I saw there, I’m sure she is having a little cultural clash around nudity-beliefs worldwide. I know when I lived in Copenhagen people would just strip down and jump in the river if it was a nice day. No one looked twice or thought it was weird to just get fully naked. Obviously Elsa is Swedish and from the little I know about their culture and saunas lol, I’m sure casual nudity (which the photo can’t quite be called) is not at all the huge deal to her that it is to the US/etc. All that to say, I stand by my comment above, but I do feel bad for her- no one should tell her her baby should be taken from her! View attachment 112089
This is the reality of our world. Horrible things like this HAPPEN they’re not just a twisted mind’s fantasy. She’s dumb to put her young baby in such a position just for a few likes, cause let’s be honest it all comes down to this. The only thing I respect Gigi Hadid is for is that she’s actually protecting her baby daughter and not using her for her artsy Instagram feed

• Agree