Elsa Hosk

xoxoadore

Worker Bee
Honestly didn’t know she was struggling!
I am happy she is well now, but I must say the Scandinavian approach to alcohol is one of the worst ever
What do you mean by the Scandinavian approach to alcohol, if I may ask?

conqueste

Super Star
Yea, yea struggling so much.. blablablablabla...
Am I the only one who doesnt feel bad for her? What exactly made her struggle so much? She had a great carrier, i bet a nice (or at least relatively normal) family behind (maybe im wrong, if not, im sorry) etc.
Im sorry. Im coming from a “crappy” eastern european country, groven up i had a very hard childhood, i feel like i was struggling more then a lot, yet it never came to my mind to deal with drugs. I work as a model as well, there were times i was even thinking about being suicide, yet i never tried to “escape” with drugs..
Im so tired of listening these “sad” stories..
If she felt so bad, there is always a way to quit.
Its funny, i have so many model friends, who are coming from a humble background , they had a shit life, yet never touched any drugs.
Why is it always the ones from the first world contries, who i’ve seen sniffing cocaine in the bathroom? (Yea, i know, im sure there are exceptions, im sorry about that, im talking about the majority of my OWN experience).
Im sorry, but im sick and tired of listening this, and it IS makes me upset.
Tomorrow im free from 3 pm, remind me to feel bad for her... 😩
There's a revolutionary little thing called consideration. You should think about applying it to how you view these situations. Not everyone's circumstances are identical.

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users

Clara

Worker Bee
In sweden when you drink you mostly get pissdrunk, most people dont just enjoy alcohol on a daily basis in small quantities, its mostly a bingedrinking situation, especially when it comes to swedish holidays like midsummer, valborg, crayfish parties, new years etc. I guess a more french approach would be better, just enjoy it without overdoing it.

• Useful
  • Agree
Reactions: 7 users

ZouZou

Rising Star
In sweden when you drink you mostly get pissdrunk, most people dont just enjoy alcohol on a daily basis in small quantities, its mostly a bingedrinking situation, especially when it comes to swedish holidays like midsummer, valborg, crayfish parties, new years etc. I guess a more french approach would be better, just enjoy it without overdoing it.
Of course you can ask! I was just going to say what my fellow Scandinavian has stated above.
Coming from a Mediterranean background (Italy) I have always been around alcohol, my parents always let me drink with them at the table like a glass of wine since I was 15 and bars serve you drinks basically since you start to look old enough, even though the legal age would be 18.

But the thing is that being so used to it you don’t see it as forbidden therefore whenever you get it you almost never binge drink - of course there are exceptions, but rarely.

Instead here, starting from the idea of Systembolaget, which is the only place you can buy alcohol from (so not in supermarkets or livs, for example), alcohol is difficult to get and idk I have also noticed that many sweds tend to drink too much especially in social situations, they get more comfortable hanging out when they’re drunk-ish or plain out drunk Haha.

I think that forbidding things never helps, as history has thought us, so I’m not really surprised of the high level of alcoholism in Scandinavia and Sweden in particular.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Clara

Worker Bee
Of course you can ask! I was just going to say what my fellow Scandinavian has stated above.
Coming from a Mediterranean background (Italy) I have always been around alcohol, my parents always let me drink with them at the table like a glass of wine since I was 15 and bars serve you drinks basically since you start to look old enough, even though the legal age would be 18.

But the thing is that being so used to it you don’t see it as forbidden therefore whenever you get it you almost never binge drink - of course there are exceptions, but rarely.

Instead here, starting from the idea of Systembolaget, which is the only place you can buy alcohol from (so not in supermarkets or livs, for example), alcohol is difficult to get and idk I have also noticed that many sweds tend to drink too much especially in social situations, they get more comfortable hanging out when they’re drunk-ish or plain out drunk Haha.

I think that forbidding things never helps, as history has thought us, so I’m not really surprised of the high level of alcoholism in Scandinavia and Sweden in particular.
I definetly think that systembolaget plays a big role in this. Its supposed to be there because the state pays for health and psyciatric care for all its citizens, and they belive that if it was less regulated it would be more people that would drink too much. Most swedish people I know has problems with alcohol, and people that work in the nightlife-scene still has alcohol as their prefered drug of choice. I personaly know at least 3 friends that drink way too much on a weekly basis, and know at least 3-4 plain alcoholics that more or less start their day with the bottle, and they are young, starting to drink around 17 and are now around 25, and they do this for years and years. One girl said she was going on a diet, and all she would do is try to cut down on her wineconsumption because it added so many calories to her diet... When I have treveled to more southern european contries I have seen small children sit and play in bars late at night when their parents are drinking with friends, you'd never see that here, that would be seen as deeply troubling that you'd bring your child to a bar.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Blairwol

Runt

Coudn't agree more! Having been raised up in a mediterranean country the majority of people learnt to consum alcohol wisely. It's a part of our civilization.

Reactions: 1 user

luciole

Super Star

She really needs to learn how to edit better if she’s going to take photos in front of structures with straight lines

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

proseccoprincess

SkinnyGossip Royal
@Aemiko I'm late to the party but addiction is a disease of the mind and almost always comes with some other mental diagnosis. Just how rich/successful people can be depressed, anxious, bipolar, borderline, etc., they can be addicts and alcoholics. We know that drugs don't "cure" or "fix" anything and no one really expects them to, but it's a way to get out of our heads for a moment. There are a lot of lower-income people who are addicts, but usually aren't using the more expensive drugs like cocaine, prescriptions, etc. that wealthier people use. The common thread is that both the poor and the rich addict want to escape some aspect of their minds, and have found/turned to drugs as a way to do it. If you're struggling mentally and don't use drugs, great. Don't start. I'm sure you have other coping mechanisms, either healthy or unhealthy, or you're lucky enough to be able to sit with your pain, which is what we're all trying to learn how to do.

• Agree
Reactions: 10 users