Elle Fanning

View attachment 16360
Maybe not but she definitely looks slimmer than Dakota these days. Her legs are definitely her problem area and need some definition but she looks better than most actresses these days.

I get the vibe that they're very different girls. Like stereotypical older/conservative sister and a younger/look-at-me sister. Like they have super different styles and generally take super different roles. I don't buy that they would compete hard against each other

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Elle is the cover of US Vogue this month and I find these pictures teeth-grindingly disappointing. If only she would work on her facial expressions and lose 15-20 pounds, maybe then she'd be worthy of a cover shoot... but these pictures are just so boring.

08-elle-fanning-vogue-june-2017.jpg

elle-fanning-vogue-magazine-june-2017-photos-4.jpg

elle-fanning-vogue-magazine-june-2017-photos-1_thumbnail.jpg

• Agree
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Elle is the cover of US Vogue this month and I find these pictures teeth-grindingly disappointing. If only she would work on her facial expressions and lose 15-20 pounds, maybe then she'd be worthy of a cover shoot... but these pictures are just so boring.

She has almost an Emma Stone look. Emma at her lowest was looking amazing so I could see potential here.

Her skin is to die for! I love how she always looks like the odd one out, a fairy lost among mortals on red carpets.

i agree with you 100%! these are beautiful shots and she's a gorgeous girl but would really benefit from a little weight loss. Her face has little-to-no definition but considering she's pretty, I feel it's fair to assume that she'd look a lot better in terms of actually having cheekbones, etc. Even her arms and the visible area of her chest in the first pic would benefit a LOT from weight loss.

• WTF
Reactions: 1 user
I saw her in person recently and she didnt look significantly bigger.hm
I think she looks like she always did, she seems to be a pear and dresses strategically (lots of gowns, skirts ect) so she does seems skinnier than she really is but when she's wearing leggings you can really tell. She's beautiful regardless to me, I have the softest spot for her

• Agree
I saw her in person recently and she didnt look significantly bigger.hm
Maybe she just has a really small bone structure despite her height? So she looks soft and doesn't have much definition to collar bones, defined limbs, even when at a similar size relative to other skinnies, if that makes sense. So she'd have to be a lower weight to "look" thin with more definition.

Maybe she just has a really small bone structure despite her height? So she looks soft and doesn't have much definition to collar bones, defined limbs, even when at a similar size relative to other skinnies, if that makes sense. So she'd have to be a lower weight to "look" thin with more definition.
Yes! It's such a struggle being small boned. You kind of just have to decide to be super skinny, and it will take a lot of effort, but if you're willing you can be more tiny than most. However, even then you won't stand out as 'bony'. When you lose it's harder to appreciate the results because you don't get visible bones as easily. And if you maintain at an average-thin weight you never look as skinny as you should compared to others of the same weight.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I watched the premiere of the new season of Britain's Next Top Model (please don't judge me, I just was surprised it was still going and wanted to see if the quality of shoot/model/show formula had been updated to fit a world where most models are scouted through social media anyway) and thought one of the girls looked a bit like Elle Fanning if she were to slim down to a model size.

Screenshot_20170813_230350.png

3oqFmSL.png

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Elle and I have a similar body type actually, although I weigh an estimated 15 pounds less. My legs from years of ballet will always have a layer of muscle, but my bone structure is TINY. Like a bird. So I can actually look a lot heavier than my best friend when we are the same weight, even though we are also the same height, because she has much bigger bones than I, even though my measurements are much smaller.

When I'm at my slimmest, it's great- because of the natural muscle tone from ballet I naturally have sculpted yet delicate legs that I don't have to train for, and look SO much taller.

Bloating is also everything- when you have small bones I think it shows up so much more. Elle looks rather bloated in many of these photos- I wonder if she cut out some carbs/ salt if she might look a lot better.

• Agree
I watched the premiere of the new season of Britain's Next Top Model (please don't judge me, I just was surprised it was still going and wanted to see if the quality of shoot/model/show formula had been updated to fit a world where most models are scouted through social media anyway) and thought one of the girls looked a bit like Elle Fanning if she were to slim down to a model size.

Screenshot_20170813_230350.png

3oqFmSL.png

Apologies for being tangential, but do you mind sharing your insider perspective on any shifts in the shoot/model/show formula (from what you observed)? Thank you! :luvluv:

Apologies for being tangential, but do you mind sharing your insider perspective on any shifts in the shoot/model/show formula (from what you observed)? Thank you! :luvluv:
None at all, it's so dated and cringeworthy. Will not be streaming episode 2 haha

Elle and I have a similar body type actually, although I weigh an estimated 15 pounds less. My legs from years of ballet will always have a layer of muscle, but my bone structure is TINY. Like a bird. So I can actually look a lot heavier than my best friend when we are the same weight, even though we are also the same height, because she has much bigger bones than I, even though my measurements are much smaller.

When I'm at my slimmest, it's great- because of the natural muscle tone from ballet I naturally have sculpted yet delicate legs that I don't have to train for, and look SO much taller.

Bloating is also everything- when you have small bones I think it shows up so much more. Elle looks rather bloated in many of these photos- I wonder if she cut out some carbs/ salt if she might look a lot better.
Agree on every single front. small boned people are much more prone to looking "squishy" than bigger boned girls....I never want to trade my narrow feet and 4.5 inch wrists for anything though.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users