Eating Onscreen

Apple

Rising Star
Jan 16, 2012
USA
So I started watching 90210 because some one said on here that the girls are great thinspo, and they are! I noticed in one scene in the 2nd episode what they had in front of them in lunch:

Shenae: salad with veggies, no dressing and a dr. pepper
Jessica Stroup: coffee
AnnaLynne: fruit smoothie

Shenae was the only one who took any sort of interest in her food and had a couple bites of salad, one bite was half a grape tomato.

I thought it was pretty interesting. Have you girls noticed any onscreen eating habits?

I love watching the Big Bang Theory...because I'm a nerd. But I have noticed that the boys on the show eat very healthy at work. They also only pick at their food and never really put anything in their mouths. Same thing happens when they eat dinner. They get salads or take out, but only take a few bites. These are boys!! (Unfortunately, the girls on the show pig out.)

This is a picture of them NOT eating their brownie desserts. They throw them away in the next scene. Sneaky.. :hmm:

the-big-bang-theory-maternal_1234300333.jpg

big bang

I love watching the Big Bang Theory...because I'm a nerd. But I have noticed that the boys on the show eat very healthy at work. They also only pick at their food and never really put anything in their mouths. Same thing happens when they eat dinner. They get salads or take out, but only take a few bites. These are boys!! (Unfortunately, the girls on the show pig out.)

This is a picture of them NOT eating their brownie desserts. They throw them away in the next scene. Sneaky.. :hmm:

OMG i love this show, it is one of my faves, i noticed the same thing, they always have salad on their plates and if its takeout its either just one slice of pizza or a small portion, very impressive for boys, but why does Penny have to eat like a pig?

Actors don't eat a lot onscreen on purpose. Each scene has many takes and they would get too full eating lots in every take during a full day of shooting. Also, then the food doesn't have to be constantly replaced. I know because my parents used to do a lot of work as extras.

Gossip girl, pretty little liars and the OC are good to notice eating habits. None of them tend to eat anything.

Gilmore girls is the worst, they are constantly eating which made me want to eat.

Love this show, but totally true about the girl, lately i have been judge girls on tv a lot more and penny kinda has mommy arms...:nopity:

Actors don't eat a lot onscreen on purpose. Each scene has many takes and they would get too full eating lots in every take during a full day of shooting. Also, then the food doesn't have to be constantly replaced. I know because my parents used to do a lot of work as extras.

Agreed, I was thinking more about what they have in front of them that is interesting, like what the directors decide they should appear to be eating.

I also find watching reality tv shows more helping, like if you watch housewives of Beverly Hills (most of them are very very skinny). No The housewives of Atlanta as i find most of them are fat. But watch what they eat, most of the time it is just coffee/tea w/ water... obvs im not saying to eat just coffee and water.... but w.e im sure you get what im trying to say.

Kaley Cuoco has really chunked out. She was never skinny but she was semi thin and I can't believe how big she looked in that scene.

Totally, she was slim and average in the first season, but now she's really chubby. Like Nessie said, MOMMY ARMS! :nopity:

Totally, she was slim and average in the first season, but now she's really chubby. Like Nessie said, MOMMY ARMS! :nopity:

oh good....I was beginning to think I was imagining her weight gain because every website says how amazing she looks.:disgusted: