Dream Shoes

See, I'm the opposite :p

Maybe I have odd feet but I'm yet to find a pair of ballet flats that don't have a "bad" spot (whether they pinch my toes oddly or rub somewhere or some other issue). :confused:

On the other hand, brogue-style shoes are my go-to flat staple; I like the fact that they can be dressed in a manner that is feminine or androgynous and both up and down. I have several pair in different colours and different cuts that have never failed me :) I have one tan pair that I wore literally all across Europe that are falling apart now :cry: I'm mourning the upcoming loss because they were - and still are! - the comfiest shoes I've had the pleasure of owning and I'm worried I won't be able to equally replace them because the designer doesn't make that exact style anymore :(

At least you have time to think and consider :) maybe make a pro and con list? ;) ;!

:kiss:
Okay, so the weird thing is I don't find ballet flats 100% comfortable either, it's just that before I started wearing heels they were the "nice" shoes of my choice... and being boring, I've just stuck with it. If I walk a bit in ballet flats my feet always ache at the end of the day. And you've just convinced me even more to try out some oxford/brogue type shoes!

I'm also attracted to the hint of androgyny and just a lot of versatility brogues have. I also hope they won't make my heels ache if I walk a bit in them. Right now the most comfy shoes I have are probably my chunky ankle boots, which I'm getting sick of. And aw, I hate when I want to replace a shoe or just like a basic item of clothing but it's not available anymore.

Also, good idea! I love lists :luv:

Here I love Kristen Dunst's shoes, despite not being a fan of her or her body etc.
kirsten-dunst-and-repetto-zizi-jazz-shoes-gallery.jpg

Gee I'm not even sure if I'll get black ones anymore. I am too indecisive, haha.

Okay, so the weird thing is I don't find ballet flats 100% comfortable either, it's just that before I started wearing heels they were the "nice" shoes of my choice... and being boring, I've just stuck with it. If I walk a bit in ballet flats my feet always ache at the end of the day. And you've just convinced me even more to try out some oxford/brogue type shoes!

I'm also attracted to the hint of androgyny and just a lot of versatility brogues have. I also hope they won't make my heels ache if I walk a bit in them. Right now the most comfy shoes I have are probably my chunky ankle boots, which I'm getting sick of. And aw, I hate when I want to replace a shoe or just like a basic item of clothing but it's not available anymore.

Also, good idea! I love lists :luv:

Here I love Kristen Dunst's shoes, despite not being a fan of her or her body etc.
kirsten-dunst-and-repetto-zizi-jazz-shoes-gallery.jpg

Gee I'm not even sure if I'll get black ones anymore. I am too indecisive, haha.

Black is a great staple; I recommend black as a starting point and tan/brown later on :) tan/brown is great because it suits warmer weather colour palettes as well as cooler :) I also have some fun pastel mint ones and a burgundy pair :luv:

I recommend something soft but sturdy (not overly shiny or coated or stiff); you will have to break them in a little but you also don't want them too soft or they won't last or be worth the investment.

:)

Black is a great staple; I recommend black as a starting point and tan/brown later on :) tan/brown is great because it suits warmer weather colour palettes as well as cooler :) I also have some fun pastel mint ones and a burgundy pair :luv:

I recommend something soft but sturdy (not overly shiny or coated or stiff); you will have to break them in a little but you also don't want them too soft or they won't last or be worth the investment.

:)
Thank you so much for the tips, hehe, I shall soon join you as a brogue wearer! :grin::luv:

lusting over these beautiful shoes. Unfortunately for me the are 1,100$ The black ones only have my size left in stock...it's meant to be :cry:
Screen-Shot-2013-03-11-at-16.26.18.png

Screen-Shot-2013-03-11-at-16.25.38.png

@71000 Those shoes are PERFECT. I could actually (maybe) wear heels to work and not be totally out of place. (I work with all men as an engineer - can't even wear skirts without being called out)

Last edited by a moderator:
00250m.jpg
00240m.jpg

eta: eh looking at the shoes alone they're decent, but they complimented the dress really well.

I'm currently lusting over these Balenciaga cut-out boots from SS 2011, they're sort of contradictory - ugly yet perfect at the same time... I can't even describe my need for them, an animalistic urge overpowered me as soon as I saw them..
My wallet will thank me since I don't think they're sold anymore :nopity:
tumblr_mb8uzcTNoZ1r0g6sso1_500.jpg

I'm obsessed with these and Jeffrey Campbell Coltranes too. I bought some seriously cheap near-dupes on ebay. Not awesome quality but they look similar enough to satisfy me. I'm a broke college student so I'm not ashamed to go the cheap route :)

Ebay has ones like this:

COL%20BM1.jpg

And ones like this:

$_3.JPG

^^^^^those are exactly liike the ones I got

you can get them for around $50 a pair

These are my dream shoes at the moment:

acne_pistol.jpg

The Acne Pistol boots, so simple and chic yet comfortable to walk in. I had the knock off ones for over 5 years but they're totally ruined now so I decided it was time to go for the real deal. I've been saving up for them (I'm a student) and next week I'll finally be able to go to the Acne store and get them!
Aaaah I'm so excited and I can't wait!:spazrun:

I'm obsessed with these and Jeffrey Campbell Coltranes too. I bought some seriously cheap near-dupes on ebay. Not awesome quality but they look similar enough to satisfy me. I'm a broke college student so I'm not ashamed to go the cheap route :)

Ebay has ones like this:

COL%20BM1.jpg

And ones like this:

$_3.JPG

^^^^^those are exactly liike the ones I got

you can get them for around $50 a pair

This might be a silly question, but do you just wear normal socks with these? I like them a lot but don't know how I'd wear them!

This might be a silly question, but do you just wear normal socks with these? I like them a lot but don't know how I'd wear them!

If it's nice out, I go sockless. If it's cooler outside I will wear some tall-ish thick gray speckled socks. I think barefoot looks best or with tights and a skirt or dress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in love with Isabel Marant shoes (and everything else she does), especially Bobby and Jenny. Bobbys just look so perfect to a pair of well fitting jeans and a simple shirt :luv:

I'm obsessed with casadei pumps. I'd save for a pair but I highly doubt my ability to walk in these. Anyone have similar heels (choo anouks, CL 120s) that they find walkable with practice?

casadei.jpg

I'm obsessed with casadei pumps. I'd save for a pair but I highly doubt my ability to walk in these. Anyone have similar heels (choo anouks, CL 120s) that they find walkable with practice?

casadei.jpg

I have similar stilettos; they're not that high the trick is that the have no platform at all so the walk might be awkward as you'll have to bend your knees in every step if you're walking fast but that's not too much of a deal

Anyway, I love them :luv: and If you're not going too far just make sure they're your size (or even a little smaller) and be sexy!

Reactions: 1 user
These are my dream shoes at the moment:

acne_pistol.jpg

The Acne Pistol boots, so simple and chic yet comfortable to walk in. I had the knock off ones for over 5 years but they're totally ruined now so I decided it was time to go for the real deal. I've been saving up for them (I'm a student) and next week I'll finally be able to go to the Acne store and get them!
Aaaah I'm so excited and I can't wait!:spazrun:

I considered getting these a few years ago. I was obsessed with getting them but couldn't find them anywhere in my size and then finally gave up searching for the pistols finally gave up and decided they weren't really me.
If you do get them post pics of them (if you're willing), I've seen numerous pics online of them but they're just worn so wrong. I'd love to see how they'd styled by a skinny. :)

I considered getting these a few years ago. I was obsessed with getting them but couldn't find them anywhere in my size and then finally gave up searching for the pistols finally gave up and decided they weren't really me.
If you do get them post pics of them (if you're willing), I've seen numerous pics online of them but they're just worn so wrong. I'd love to see how they'd styled by a skinny. :)

I got them a few months ago in the Acne store, I was so sicked!
I understand completely when you say they're often styled wrong, I would, for example, never wear them with bare legs, they do tend to chop off your legs. I wear them mostly with black skinny jeans as I almost always wear black type of jeans. The shoes are extremely comfortable after they set to your feet and I must say I haven't regret getting them for one second!

casadei.jpg

They're so much easier to run in than to walk ;)

...I'm not kidding, when I wear a pump like that I run whenever I cross streets because it's so easy.