Dream Shoes

Cons: Not as sexy. Less leather. A bit too Nazi looking 😶
I have to agree, I think it’s something about the laces that just don’t look right? The Loubs are definitely sexier and I also like that they’re more discreet since you can barely see the logo on the side of the shoe unlike Prada (minus the red bottoms obv but I much prefer that to a visible logo).

Hope you have a lovely birthday, you deserve it! :kiss:

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
The Loubs. They read as a lot more classy to me and the plain design of the boot coupled with the red sole will make it easy to dress it up or dress down. Heels by nature will never be that utilitarian so I would choose the shoe that at least looks nicer and won't be too taxing on the toes.

Maybe I'm biased but I find most of the Prada items outside of the heels to be super ugly, in a nouveau riche, Eurotrash kind of way. Sort of like the trashy nylon bag they have.

OMG thank you SO SO much, this was actually more helpful than you even know... for much more than my latest shoe choice! Because it really got me thinking about my personal tastes and how they have and have not changed. I catch myself sometimes getting sucked into liking wardrobe pieces that are pricey but uselessly showy and borderline tacky / nouveau-riche. All my time in the industry and I still have a hard time with it. I think it has made it worse to be honest. I blame my family because one side is one way and one side is the other.

Whenever I go back home I have to think so carefully about what to bring because for one thing it's not NYC anymore but also because my mom sneers at some of my choices. If I ask her why she won't say anything until she is through her first bottle of wine for the day, then she will say they are "signally" and "gauche". Nobody asked but my mom is old money and my dad is new money and their families are so, so different. Like my dad is the first generation in his family to have money and you can tell. He wears stuff that is.. idk know how to explain it, but like, stuff that is "recognizably fancy" to the average person. My mom's family wears (and has) stuff that is nice but very subtle, the average person would not think it looked fancy at all. It's totally different from the things I am exposed to in NY fashion, even HF. It's almost average looking? But then when you have it explained to you, you are blown away.

"OMG I love your sweater, what is it?"
"Oh it's just a sweater, dear. I got it through a friend of mine."
"Where could I get one?"
"Oh, um, I'm not sure you could."
"What why not?"
"(sigh) Fine, it's grassbutter-fed alpaca hand-woven by an old Scottish man who only makes 10 a year and last I heard he has a 15 year waiting list. I could maybe ask for you. I'm sorry honey, I didn't want to say anything, but you kept asking."

ANYWAY thank you for the mini therapy session :hahano:

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Heels by nature will never be that utilitarian

My biggest problem, I have almost no utilitarian shoes. Then I feel stupid when I need to go anywhere in the snow or rain. So usually I risk it and am in my Uber neurotically wiping them down until I get out and get them wet again. 😩

I have to agree, I think it’s something about the laces that just don’t look right? The Loubs are definitely sexier and I also like that they’re more discreet since you can barely see the logo on the side of the shoe unlike Prada (minus the red bottoms obv but I much prefer that to a visible logo).

Sometimes I worry the Loubs look tacky because they are getting more common now, but I fucking love Loubs, I'm #sorrynotsorry.

So, the Loubs it is!

Hope you have a lovely birthday, you deserve it! :kiss:

It's still a few weeks away but thank you I appreciate it! :inluv:

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
My biggest problem, I have almost no utilitarian shoes.
Not related to your original question but I think a good pair of platform Oxfords are as close to utilitarian-chic as one can get. I recently bought these from Phillip Lim, they're very flattering but obviously still comfortable and walkable. They're also the best Oxfords I found in terms of not being "coquette-daddy-issues-core" (i.e. Dollskill) but also not too Bushwick (i.e. Doc Martens)