Downton Abbey

S

Sophitia

Downton Abbey y'all.

Downton. Abbey. Haven't come across a show I've loved so much in ages.

Elicits the same swooning and glee I feel when watching the Keira Knightley version of Pride and Prejudice. Also, and I know this isn't necessarily supposed to be weight-related, but I find Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary Crawly) so beautiful and inspiring.

Swoon.

Crap. Should have posted this in the Television section. SG, feel free to move this thread there if you can :) Thx.

Sometimes I really wish I had cable. I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of things, but I really don't watch TV enough to warrant a $60+ bill every month. :wtf:

I used to watch Dexter on Netflix, but they took it down. Every woman in that show is a skinny, seriously. At least, what they show of them is skinny.
It's like rib central on that show.

(Hello, from a fellow Minnesotan, btw. ;))

I love Downton Abbey so much! It's gorgeous.
Another programme that's absolutely stunning is the adaptation of Birdsong that's on BBC at the moment. It has clemence poesy AND eddie redmayne :)

I found this show on netflix and now I cannot stop watching!! The story lines and the characters are just amazing. And of corse, i love Matthew

I love Downton Abbey. How could you not LOVE Dame Maggie Smith (Dowager Duchess)? She has the best lines:

"What is a weekend?" :lol::lol: I wish I didn't know what weekends were.

I can't wait until the next season airs in the US (on PBS, no cable FTW!) You British girls have no idea how lucky you are with the BBC. :luv:

I love it! My mother, sister and I are all addicted. We have already ordered the new season to Germany :grin:

I just found this on Netflix the other day and I love it! The only problem is that their accents are sometimes really hard to decipher to me :oops:

I absolutely love this show. I am a huge fan of period movies/shows of the Edwardian era. I highly suggest you watch the PBS/Channel 4 series Manor House. It shows modern day people living in a Manor House.

Also wonderful is the tv series Upstairs/Downstairs and the movies: Age of Innocence, Gosford Park, The Importance of being Ernest, The Forsyte Saga, and Remains of the Day.

Downton is very good. Dame maggie smith is definitely the star of the show her one liners are excellent!

I absolutely love Maggie Smith. And Michelle Dockery looked fantastic at the golden globes.
1358277273_michelle-dockery-article.jpg

I torrented season one last week, haven't gotten around to watching it as I'm in the middle of American Horror Story right now, but it's next on my list to watch!