Downton Abbey

S

Sophitia

Downton Abbey y'all.

Downton. Abbey. Haven't come across a show I've loved so much in ages.

Elicits the same swooning and glee I feel when watching the Keira Knightley version of Pride and Prejudice. Also, and I know this isn't necessarily supposed to be weight-related, but I find Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary Crawly) so beautiful and inspiring.

Swoon.

S

Sophitia

Crap. Should have posted this in the Television section. SG, feel free to move this thread there if you can :) Thx.

L

LittleMissLovelyBones

Sometimes I really wish I had cable. I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of things, but I really don't watch TV enough to warrant a $60+ bill every month. :wtf:

I used to watch Dexter on Netflix, but they took it down. Every woman in that show is a skinny, seriously. At least, what they show of them is skinny.
It's like rib central on that show.

(Hello, from a fellow Minnesotan, btw. ;))

fels

Rookie
I love Downton Abbey so much! It's gorgeous.
Another programme that's absolutely stunning is the adaptation of Birdsong that's on BBC at the moment. It has clemence poesy AND eddie redmayne :)

A

Andalucia

I found this show on netflix and now I cannot stop watching!! The story lines and the characters are just amazing. And of corse, i love Matthew

curlycue

Worker Bee
I love Downton Abbey. How could you not LOVE Dame Maggie Smith (Dowager Duchess)? She has the best lines:

"What is a weekend?" :lol::lol: I wish I didn't know what weekends were.

I can't wait until the next season airs in the US (on PBS, no cable FTW!) You British girls have no idea how lucky you are with the BBC. :luv:

Gogo

Rookie
I love it! My mother, sister and I are all addicted. We have already ordered the new season to Germany :grin:

O

onedayx93

I just found this on Netflix the other day and I love it! The only problem is that their accents are sometimes really hard to decipher to me :oops:

AnastasiaB

Rookie
I absolutely love this show. I am a huge fan of period movies/shows of the Edwardian era. I highly suggest you watch the PBS/Channel 4 series Manor House. It shows modern day people living in a Manor House.

Also wonderful is the tv series Upstairs/Downstairs and the movies: Age of Innocence, Gosford Park, The Importance of being Ernest, The Forsyte Saga, and Remains of the Day.

S

suzy

Downton is very good. Dame maggie smith is definitely the star of the show her one liners are excellent!

L

Lassie

I absolutely love Maggie Smith. And Michelle Dockery looked fantastic at the golden globes.

Allie

Worker Bee
I torrented season one last week, haven't gotten around to watching it as I'm in the middle of American Horror Story right now, but it's next on my list to watch!