Does your shoe size change?

classichic

Super Star
Jan 27, 2012
Somewhere
I read somewhere ages ago that feet size doesn't change when you gain or lose weight but mine has done the opposite. I've been size 3 (European size 36) pretty much all the time. Then as I gained weight my shoe size increased to 4 (European 37). Of course at that time I'd didn't really realize it was due to my weight gain. But now that I am getting back to near my normal weight my shoe are too big for me. Luckily for me my sister is size 3 so I just stole a few her shoes this weekend (and no they didn't fit me before) ;)

Has your feet size changed as the pounds are coming off?

I used to buy European size 39 shoes before (or even 40 at times!), but now I'm more of a 38, sometimes even a 37! My first thought was that shoes were becoming bigger (something like vanity shoe sizing, LOL), but then I realised that all my old size 39 shoes are too big for me now! So I guess the same thing happened to me :)

I can confirm this. I was just asking me the same thing. I had some flats that were really nice but I couldn't wear them much cause the size was smaller than my usual size and today I wore them and they fit perfectly now after loosing some pounds ;)

Lengthwise--HELL, I wish my shoe size changed.. that would be a dream come true! That might mean I could find shoes that fit...nope, I'm still fighting for the same shoes as drag queens in the size 10/11 aisles. At most when I'm thinner my fingers and toes seem slightly bonier and my feet are slightly narrower. I get worried my rings will come off and shoes that are already a bit wide for me may fall off when I walk--so at most, I would possibly need an narrow shoe since even 'normal' width shoes are usually to wide. (FYI I HATE how shoes are extra wide these days...another product of a big/fat society, if you've ever seen shoes from 100 years ago look at what tiny, NARROW feet people had...what has happened to society!? Don't even get me started on boot calf sizes. )

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely. My shoes went from 7.5 pre-pregnancy, to 8.5 afterward. When I was actually pregnant I was wearing size 9 shoes. Ugh, the swelling.

Anyhow, the length of my feet have remained at 8.5. The thing is, as I've lost weight, the length has remained the same, but my feet have thinned out. So now, I do have troubles with my shoes slipping off my feet.

Thanks for all your responses! It's interesting to hear this because I keep reading that feet does not change with diet in those fitness/diet magazines.

omg. I've been wondering forever why my shoe size went from a 38 to a 35-36, when I lost a good amount of weight two years ago.

I used to be a size 36-37 (3-4UK). It was like... 1 year ago ? Now I've gained weight, I am a size 35(2UK), sometimes 36(3UK). So well, the opposite happened to me. And it's hard to find shoes, because I have both small and narrow feet. I NEVER found any ballerina-style shoes that actually fit.

yes! Mine did for sure. I was a 6.5 (US) and Im now a 7.5:meh::wtf:

Mine did too! I went from 6.5 (UK) to 5. I think they're still getting smaller though. Weird :hmm:

I think mine did too! I used to be an 8 or even an 8.5 us, but I'm a 7.5 or a 7 now, love it!

Definitely. My shoes went from 7.5 pre-pregnancy, to 8.5 afterward. When I was actually pregnant I was wearing size 9 shoes. Ugh, the swelling.

Anyhow, the length of my feet have remained at 8.5. The thing is, as I've lost weight, the length has remained the same, but my feet have thinned out. So now, I do have troubles with my shoes slipping off my feet.

This!!!! I am still a size 6 in US sizes but my damn heels keep slipping on my feet!!!!! I have to walk a little more slowly!!! LOL

I was a 39 but now I'm a 38 but I can fit into really everything haha. I wear the 39 or 40 shoes from my mum or 37 shoes and so on :D