Do you wear leather or fur?

I like fur. I'm ok with people not liking fur. What I'm not ok with is protesters trying to shove ideas into our heads (especially by damaging property with paint). I mean, do you really think it's smart to damage someone's fur coat when the person can buy another and kill another animal? Are you THAT thick? And why do we see you doing that to ladies in fur but not bikers with leather jackets? Oh, right, you're a p*ssy. People have different opinions so shut up and DEAL.
So I agree with Raquel here...
reality_show3.jpg

:luv:

I do have some leather things but I'm not a big fan of fur.. I don't know why :p Maybe it's too itchy or something.

I feel I shouldn't wear leather since I'm a vegetarian... but I do. I don't wear leather/fur clothing (and not a fan of the fake alternative either) but all the shoes/bags I like seem to be leather T.T

I was vegetarian for a while as a teenager but only because my Dad forced me to eat a disgusting mechanically-reclaimed, reformed lamb grill thing. My Nan gave me a fur coat(white rabbit) when I was 12 that she was given as a wedding gift in the 40's. It is the most gorgeous, warm, comfy piece of clothing I have ever owned and I never get anything but compliments on it. I can always tell if someone's fur is real or not, fake fur has a synthetic shine to it that real fur doesn't and the hairs stick out in an unnatural way. I feel a little better about wearing it for the fact that it's very old and that it's made from rabbits, which I eat anyway. I bought another 40's fur coat at a fashion event two years ago but I haven't worn it out yet, it's so delicate that I'm scared of wrecking it, I might have it made into a gilet or something. I wear leather and see no problem with it, I enjoy eating meat but I buy from high-welfare, sustainable sources that are also local. I do care about animals but I don't see why we can't eat them or wear their skin, I just want them to have a decent life before they're slaughtered for our benefit.

Im not vegetarian, and when I was in the past, it was not for ethical reasons. I wear leather regularly and absolutely love the way it feels and smells. Fur, though, I don't wear - not because I have a problem with it, but because I feel awkward wearing it for some reason.

I don't wear leather, fur, or wool.

I'm against wearing leather because, at least here in America, cows used for food are typically raised here in factory farms and then killed whereas cows we use for leather come from India, so its not using the whole cow where it'd go to waste otherwise, its different cows.

Fake leather or fur aren't good for the environment either though...

Reactions: 1 user
I used to be not so sure whether wearing fur is amoral or not, but now I've made up my mind. And what helped me rethink was a nature film about different animal species living among each other. They all want to live, but at the same time they all depend on each other in means of survival and quality of life. Also, there is not enough place for everyone on this planet. And hunting is a part of natural selection.

I of course wear wool, leather shoes, bags and belts, but I also have a fox. I did not buy it, my dad won it in a festival with hunting games (shooting flying saucers, not animals), it's beautiful. And els is right. In winter (a real -25°C winter) nothing can be compared to how warm is fur. It seems the right thing to wear, you know? As if you were meant to have a fur coat and all else is wrong.

Reactions: 1 user
I used to be not so sure whether wearing fur is amoral or not, but now I've made up my mind. And what helped me rethink was a nature film about different animal species living among each other. They all want to live, but at the same time they all depend on each other in means of survival and quality of life. Also, there is not enough place for everyone on this planet. And hunting is a part of natural selection.
In winter (a real -25°C winter) nothing can be compared to how warm is fur. It seems the right thing to wear, you know? As if you were meant to have a fur coat and all else is wrong.
True... :)
I think what (some) people look down on is that for the sake of materialism and to be on top of trends we are more carelessly killing animals for their fur/skin e.g. Victoria Beckham's collection of Birkin bags... not like people who live in really cold temperatures and wear wool and fur clothing every day (well some people complain about that too but ehhh)

This is a rough and rude comment and I apologize: I do not want to alienate anyone but I feel very very strongly on this matter. My feeling: I do not wear either (nor do I wear fake fur or >shudder< pleather pants) I do not support the animal and human suffering that all of it entails-regardless if it's in fashion or not.
To me, if you hunt-can look at the animal alive and kill eat, consume it, use it's parts-then you have every right to wear that fur or leather. You have in a sense given respect-one animal to another. If you cannot, then in my opinion you are a hypocrite.
I've seen suffering and it's not worth a fucking handbag. The coats lined with "wolf" fur? A lot of the times it is dogs-people's discarded pets. You can't tell the difference. Think about that. Animals feel pain, imagine getting skinned alive (money saver) and having your still breathing body tossed onto a pile of dead or dying animals just to bleed out. Ever see a cow be strung up for butchering, still aware and struggling in terror? I have-and it isn't ok with me. My mom was hired as a cashier at a small country butcher's shop once and walked in the back to retrieve something only to see the butcher stringing up a dead cow and another live one struggling against it's pen. My mom quit that very second. She said that cow's cry haunted her for a long time and she hasn't eaten or worn a cow again, to this day.
I do not support PETA (just to clarify-one of the most abusive and hypocritical places around with around a 95% murder rate to it's "rescued" animals) I support people who make conscious decisions, regardless what way they lean ethically. My fiance isn't a vegetarian, he fishes every year-but he also kills and cleans them. I do not have an issue with anyone who does what they do respectfully. This may be a small planet, but we are the beings who mutated it and over populated it for our own means. I will not support that. Any animals who come into my life as pets get spayed/nuetered. It's about being responsible. This planet isn't mine to abuse, it belongs to us all.
We have so many organic options available. I rarely buy brand new things, when I do-it's built to last. I enjoy thrift stores, making my own cruelty-free style than following a fad. If it's something I want bad enough, then I make the best purchasing decision available or I make it myself from pre-owned materials. Learning to sew was an awesome thing. No sweat shop produced shit, nothing worn that is the product of any beings suffering. Period.
Again, If I have offended I do truly apologize. I just can't look into my cats eyes, see the love and the go off and disregard another life form in the same breath.

I used to eat a vegan diet (not "was vegan", hence the following), but still owned and wore leather. Not a lot, because of the price, but still wore it. Some heirloom furs, too.
Since they're so expensive, I don't buy them new, but I see nothing wrong in buying some from thrift stores.
In my mind, it lasts much longer than meat, so it's less wasteful. I mean, I wouldn't want someone to eat me when I die, but if you wanted to make me into a purse or something? Sure, go for it weirdo. Just make sure I look good.

I completely understand the reasons against it, and that's why I only thrift it.
And I can't wait until I'm old and fabulous so I can wear my grandma's old furs.

I'm not vegetarian/vegan. I wear leather... Love leather handbags and quality Italian shoes. I don't wear fur right now but that may change in the future... I do think it is cruel but where is the limit? No fur, no leather, no meat, no animal products like eggs, no vegetables or fruits unless it naturally falls from a tree... I don't know. It's hard.