Do you wear leather or fur?

yes

I don't wear fur, but it is not for ethic reason, I just don't like how it looks.

But I wear leather all the time. Also I have some shoe pairs of croccodile, snake skin, I even have one of python. :luv:

I also worn fur, ostrich, and lizard, in photo shoots.

NO WAY!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER!

I'm an abolitionist vegan so I am against the use of animals for any exploitative reason, regardless of how they are treated. So no fur, leather, silk, wool, down. I just don't think animals belong to us so I don't believe it's right to use any part of their bodies, I feel that it is a violation of their freedom and their right not to be treated as a means to an end.

Sorry for the rant, this is something I feel very strongly about :)

Just to be clear - I'm not trying to start a fight or pick on anyone, I'm just expressing my opinion!

Reactions: 1 users
I wear leather and fur.. I only buy vintage coats though. My reasoning is that if it's vintage, it's been dead for a long time. My buying it isn't going to impact one way or another, it's not like I'm feeding demand directly.

I spend a lot of time in Paris and the vintage stores there are amazing for fur coats :luv:

I have leather shoes and purses, but I'm not into fur. My mother is a bit old school and has some vintage fur coats, but I think they're unattractive.

okay, this may sound ignorant but i have a coat made of polarfox (the brown one), i have a fox which is made like a kind of scarf but it looks like a real fox and i have this kind of russian hat made of fox.
i got all this as a present from my family in the ukraine, it's a must to wear fur there, especially because of the coldness.

Not eating meat and wearing fur/leather is not always hypocritical. Depends, WHY person is vegan/vegetarian. People always assume if you don't eat meat, you can't smoke, drink and must play your djembe drum all day long. I used to argue with people over such matters, now I usually say that I love wearing puppies as earrings, shut up and deal with it!

But I really don't wear those things actually. Fur because it's not my style and I wear leather if it's vintage, but I prefer something else.

I dont think you are hypocritical, not all vegetarians and vegans choose their lifestyle for the sake of animals. I personally dont like fur, (dont like the idea of breeding and killing an animal for its fur only). Leather, I am usually pretty cautious about where it comes from (but of course that is not always possible).... I think people would call ME a hypocrite, because I do eat meat. I eat it very seldom though, dont like the taste of most of it... I actually consider becoming vegetarian, and if I do, I would prob. still buy some leather products :)

I'm a vegan and I don't buy leather or fur. I am currently building my cruelty free closet but I still have things from before that I will give away when the time is right (leather, never fur). I don't judge people who wear leather/fur though. We all were raised differently and have different lifestyles.

I am vegan too and also have some leather things from before, but from now on I will buy only fake leather, because I love leather jackets, boots and bags. Fur was never a part of my style, I just don't like it anywhere.

This is something that has been/is troubling me, in the past and again now that I'm trying to transition into a vegan diet once more. After reading through this, the idea of wearing animal skin (leather, I would never wear fur as I find it looks vulgar 99% of the time) repulses me almost as much as the idea of eating animal flesh. But, I am working in the fashion industry, where I will be using a lot of things that go against my beliefs. Not only for the sake of animals, but for the sake of the slave trade and companies that basically thrive on sweatshop workers in asia or somewhere. I feel like I'm stuck in the middle of my passion (styling and creating beautiful, thought provoking images, having a job I love and thrive in creatively) and my morals (for a fair world in as many respects as I can impact upon). I feel like I have no right to get angry at chain stores or designers for using leather/fur/sweat shops when I am praising their creative designs, using their products in styling, or even more so buying and wearing them myself. There is a continuous war going on in my mind :nopity:

I'm an omnivore :p ;) haha!

I wear leather and I have vintage fur pieces in my wardrobe handed down from my grandma; I rarely wear them in Australia but overseas, yes.

I'm not a fan of man-made materials, including polyurethane and faux fur. They are made from non-renewable resources. It takes one gallon of oil to produce just three faux fur jackets; nylon production accounts for 50% of the UK's gas emissions of nitrous oxide; polyester depletes limited oil sources; chemicals used in the dyeing of the faux fur are polluting waterways and are known carcinogens. They are also generally not made to last as long; while you made need 6 faux jackets, 1 real fur is a lifetime investment (often moreso if it is passed through generations). There are of course environmental issues associated with the production of natural-material/leather/fur items in this day and age (obtaining, deriving, dyeing, etc.) but they are to a lesser extent than their man-made/faux counterparts.

I'm not trying to convince anyone here, promise! Just giving my $0.02. ;) I've nothing against people wearing faux (in terms of the cycles of fashion, spending $20 on a trendy top derived from man-made materials is more economically viable than spending $60 if you'll only be wearing it for a few weeks!) but it's when people say they don faux/man-made for environmental reasons (rather than issues associated with animal cruelty, etc), that I get frustrated. ;)

I like fur. I'm ok with people not liking fur. What I'm not ok with is protesters trying to shove ideas into our heads (especially by damaging property with paint). I mean, do you really think it's smart to damage someone's fur coat when the person can buy another and kill another animal? Are you THAT thick? And why do we see you doing that to ladies in fur but not bikers with leather jackets? Oh, right, you're a p*ssy. People have different opinions so shut up and DEAL.
So I agree with Raquel here...
reality_show3.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I never wore fur, don't wear leather anymore and try not to buy wool.

Why now wool? Sheep can suffocate if their wool is not shaved... So I'd say it helps the animal! ;)

Reactions: 1 user
I feel sort of hypocritical that I'm a vegetarian and still like leather and fur, but I think a lot more animals die if you eat them on a regular basis than if you wear fur. And also I only have vintage fur, so I don't see what's wrong with wearing an animal that's been dead for 20 years.