do you wear glasses or contacts?

I wear contacts since I'm 15 (I'm 24 now).
I wear them everyday. But they are so expensive :(

I didn't require glasses until I was 19. Didn't start wearing contacts until I was 24. For the past decade I alternate. Long day at work=glasses, night out=contacts. But contacts are $$$ so I try to save them for special occasions. The bf prefers the glasses, however.

I wear both. Glasses for school and staying in, and contacts for going out.

I am also very shortsighted and have astigmatism too. I wear contacts but sometimes I wear glasses as an acessory. Lately I have been thinking a lot about laser correction, but I am affraid a little bit. I don`t know why, as many of my friends have undergone such medical treatment with great results.

I was very shortsighted too. I wore glasses since the age of 6 and got contacts at 15. I am 22 now and about 4/5 months ago I had laser eye surgery. A lot of family members had had the surgery and it was very successful for them. It took me a long time to build up the courage to do it. What really pushed me to do it was the fact that working in an office and on a computer all day with air conditioning and central heating was drying my contacts out and I was constantly getting sore eyes. I know its pretty costly (I had to save for quite a while!), you have to wait for your eyes to stop changing and the idea of it is the scariest thing in the world, but I can honestly say it changed my life! You don't feel a thing and only see lights during the surgery and its so quick.

Don't get me wrong, in a way I miss having glasses as a fashion accessory but in practical terms, being able to wake up in the morning and see, see the shampoo bottle in the shower and being able to see when I'm swimming still amazes me :)

I wear glasses. I tried to wear contact lenses but man my eye kept on blinking! :mad:

I'm thinking of getting Lasik Eye surgery, I'm currently 17 years old so I may have to wait a few years. I must admit that I do enjoy buying eye glasses! I bought this really cute black pair but I lost them :( I think I'm kinda lucky that my eyes have barely changed over the past five years, I'm still wear the same glasses from 2008.

I have terrible eyesight :( I much prefer how I look without glasses (and sadly, I'm treated differently by strangers too) but I don't wear contacts. It's just uncomfortable for me... I like my eyes to feel free haha I don't even like mascara. I normally wear glasses except for when going on nights out. I'm kind of growing fond of this, so the losers at school who judge me as being a boring nerd never know who I am outside of class :cool:

Either on my 21st birthday or for my university graduation present I'll definitely be getting surgery. I even so badly want it now, despite being scared of surgeries, but don't think I should rush things since technology will only keep getting better and it's not like I'll be too old for the surgery to be ineffective for quite some time. My cousin has had it done with great results (as well as several others I know).

I'm so glad you told us that we only see lights and don't feel anything because I saw a video of Lasik eye surgery and it scared me!

I saw a video too before I decided on the surgery and it scared the life out of me. You have so many drops in your eye which numbs it though, you honestly don't feel a thing. They give you Valium before hand to calm your nerves and a nurse usually holds your hand through it and helps keep you calm.

The only thing I would warn about is to not plan to get it done too close to an event like a wedding or a party. My eyes were quite red for a few weeks after but that was quite rare apparently.

I saw a video too before I decided on the surgery and it scared the life out of me. You have so many drops in your eye which numbs it though, you honestly don't feel a thing. They give you Valium before hand to calm your nerves and a nurse usually holds your hand through it and helps keep you calm.

The only thing I would warn about is to not plan to get it done too close to an event like a wedding or a party. My eyes were quite red for a few weeks after but that was quite rare apparently.

Thanks for the add. info!

I wear contacts but in some situations it's pure hell. I have dry eyes and when I'm going out and people are smoking they burn so much I want to rip my eyeballs ou and throw them on the streets D:

Sometimes contacts, they are far more comfortable to use, but I do have the prettiest cat-eye shaped glasses that look great with some outfits.

i wear contacts. i'm near sighted. in high school, I only wore glasses until my boyfriend in junior year told me I looked terrible in them and they made my eyes look tiny. (I have smallish eyes to begin with). Never worn glasses in public since, and we are still together 3 years later lol.

I wear glasses for 13 years now...I tried contact lenses, but didn't like them...first, i'm too clumsy..i can poke my eye, trying to put them in..and second..I oversleep to much, so I don't have the time to put them in the mornings :D and glasses look classy..

I don't, thank god. I mean, wearing contacts seems scary to me and I've tried glasses from my friends just for fun to see how it would look like and every time i get "you look like a 'sexy secretary'", translation in my head: "omg, I probably look cheap and vulgar"... haha.

I am supposed to wear glasses 24/7 but I choose not to, and so I only use them when I am driving (legally have to) and in class if I am sitting far away.