Dior et Moi (Dior and I)

RoseOfSteel

Rising Star
Jul 22, 2012
Chicago and Los Angeles
This past week, I had the pleasure of seeing the documentary "Dior et Moi", or "Dior and I" over here in America. It was stunning. There was a little bit of history about the fashion house, but the majority of the documentary was about Raf Simon's takeover as the Creative Director of Christian Dior, and his first haute couture show.

There is a lot of focus on the atelier, you really get an excellent look at the incredible preparation required for their haute couture show. It is a treat to see these gorgeous pieces come to life, from the initial inspiration boards, to the drawings, to the toiles, to the stitching, and to make their debut on the runway. There are funny moments, creative moments, and touching moments, all set against the background of Paris and with an excellent soundtrack, no less!

Here is a clip:

I highly recommend this documentary, have any of you ladies had the opportunity to see it as well? :)

Reactions: 1 users
I really want to watch it because I still don't undertand Raf's aesthetic. For me he's such an ill-fit for Dior.

Reactions: 1 user