Did Blake Lively lose weight?

She (usually) has a very proportionate body and beautiful legs. One of the very few celebs that I like at an average weight. But I feel she has become smug after her first pregnancy, when everybody complimented her style. That dress she wore in Cannes is such a faux pas for looking emphasizing all her lumps!

Honestly, I doubt she's smug. I think if your married to Ryan Reynolds you kind of have to have a sense of humor because he's so candid/revealing. Plus I'm pretty sure all of her movies have been comedies because they're all hilarious (especially Savages, laughed my ass off at that mess)

Also, I'm not sure what she's supposed to wear by our standards when she is both recently pregnant & currently pregnant. It might be a little clingy, it might have cutouts, but I think overall it's a fine dress for her body. It's not egregiously revealing compared to plenty of other celebs who aren't even pregnant. The dress is just the style of the times, which isn't her fault.

EDIT: Oh god, I take everything about that dress back. This is what she wore yesterday or today
jk.jpg
ohgo.jpg

Honestly, I doubt she's smug.
What I meant by "smug" is that she could be overly confident about her looks and pregnancy style, and that's why she refuses to dress more appropiate for her current figure.

Reactions: 1 user
What I meant by "smug" is that she could be overly confident about her looks and pregnancy style, and that's why she refuses to dress more appropiate for her current figure.
She looks more like fat than pregnant in those pictures :nopity:

Reactions: 2 users
In a community of educated, wordly people I cannot believe that you expect her to dress a certain way just because she is pregnant? What is she supposed to do, bedrest for 9 months? Wear a muumuu? And the comment about her being smug, is there something wrong with being a confident woman? And yes I know her movies aren't 100%, maybe you'll argue that she is chubby and has nothing to be smug about, etc. but still, dislking her because she is confident and happy with herself is a reflection of your character, not hers.

Oh my god, I thought this was the kind of photo from a magazine where they circle where the cellulite is and then I saw the next photo and realized that's just what the dress looks like. :run:

Reactions: 1 user
In a community of educated, wordly people I cannot believe that you expect her to dress a certain way just because she is pregnant? What is she supposed to do, bedrest for 9 months? Wear a muumuu? And the comment about her being smug, is there something wrong with being a confident woman? And yes I know her movies aren't 100%, maybe you'll argue that she is chubby and has nothing to be smug about, etc. but still, dislking her because she is confident and happy with herself is a reflection of your character, not hers.
Yes, I expect her to dress in a certain way, more precisely in clothes that compliment her body at any size. When I said that is not a dress for a pregnant woman I meant that any pregnant woman is just not slender enough to look perfect in it. There are many many other dresses that could transform her into the radiant mummy ahe actually is. Isn't making us look beautiful the second purpose of clothes, after keeping us warm? Especially as a movie star, she has all the resources for chosing clothes that look good on her. Would you choose clothes that emphasize you flaws?
And yes, since everybody complimented her figure during her first pregnancy, I think she is putting less effort now in choosing the right clothes (right=emphasizing her sexy and beautiful assets).
Lastly, I choose to ignore your comments on my character, as they are offtopic and speculative.

Ps. No, I don't hate her for being happy and confident, I was talking about ONE unfortunate dress choice. How could even assume this? It's just wrong.

Last edited:
To an extent, I would think most celebrities are "smug" or arrogant. Many of them are surrounded by people who are constantly telling them "Oh you're amazing", "you look amazing" and "that outfit is perfect on you", even when it's not the case. They very quickly start to believe what they hear everyday - that they are hot shit, and can never step a foot wrong.

I read an article about Justin Bieber the other day and a celebrity manager had the following to say:

Bieber has never heard the word "no," he feels entitled to a certain freedom.

“Justin became rich and famous at a very young age, with no one to tell him no,” he noted. “So he feels like a superhero, invincible. If he feels like climbing a tree, he’s just going to do it. Who’s going to stop him?”

No doubt this would be the case for many other celebrities. They go out wearing ridiculous outfits because their managers/assistants/staff aren't going to say "No, you shouldn't wear that, it doesn't suit you and makes you look fat".

• Agree
I think the problem is also that she's not pregnant enough to wear a fitted dress, does that make sense? She's at the stage where one could be forgiven for thinking that Blake had really really let herself go (and that she had a very unfortunate apple shape figure). When a woman is heavily pregnant and wears a form fitting dress I actually think she can look quite reasonable.

Compare Chrissy Tiegan with Blake Lively in these two photos:

blake-lively.jpg
Chrissy-Teigen.jpg

I think Chrissy looks a lot better because she's very clearly pregnant. I don't really think of her as anything other than a pregnant woman who is trying to show off her bump and be stylish at the same time.

When I look at Blake I guess I feel like I need to remind myself that she's pregnant...I find it hard not to judge her LOL

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users