Day-to-night shoes

Silent Night

Community Duchess
Feb 8, 2012
UK
What styles of shoe work for wearing to the office and then straight out afterwards? I'll be traveling for work in the next few months and don't want to pack hundreds of pairs of shoes. I need flats for sightseeing so am looking for something versatile that will do for meetings and bars.

I'd do a nude or black pump in whatever heel height works for you. Boring, yes, but super-versatile and you can compensate with your clothing and accessories.

I just ordered these beauties from zara - though I'm not sure if open-toed shoes are considered appropriate where you work. I agree with the basic nude or black heels though for sure :)

2367301040_1_1_1.jpg

What sort of work dress-code do you have?

If it's quite formal, but you need to go schlapping around on foot when sightseeing, how about some classic masculine loafers or suede pumps with a bit of a fashion-twist

Lanvin
734ded4a3f7f9c4b76976da9ff6383eb.jpg

Nicholas Kirkwood
WO0N1H860002BLK_3_zoom.jpg

Tabitha Simmons
c3fbc3657e18c99d3bd9cd9823872274.jpg

If you're work place vibe is more casual, then maybe you could go for sandals....

K Jacques St Tropez
108153240.jpg

Paloma Barcelo
img-thing

img-thing

Stella McCartney (also come in nude, white, black etc)
WOHAWE840003BUR_1_zoom.jpg

For me a 4.5-5" pump with a thicker heal and a slight hidden platform are the most comfortable, and I can wear them all day.
Make sure you break them in now though.
A wedge shoe is comfortable for all day walking too.
Or you can do a flat sandal that's in a metallic color, this way it's easy to dress up or down.