Daul Kim (RIP)

Super Star
May 11, 2012
I don't usually like Asian models, but she grew on me. Was really shocked when she killed herself back in '09.

Her old stats:
HEIGHT: 5'10"
BUST: 32
WAIST: 24" / 60.96 cm
HIPS: 34" / 86.36 cm
SHOES: 7
HAIR COLOUR: Brown Dark
HAIR LENGTH: Long
EYES: Brown

Daul.jpg

i loved her so much, and when they dyed her hair blonde I really didn't think she could pull it off but this girl could work ANYTHING :cry:

I know! The fact that she could work the blonde hair just shows how versatile she was. So much lost potential :( Can't believe she was only 20. She would be around Coco Rocha's age right now :(

Was reminded of her after seeing photos of another blonde Asian model.

She had so much talent & now I'm remembering others and also never forget Tom Nicon who was the face of Burberry :( I got so emotional all of a sudden with this, just these days I've been so depressed/borderline suicidal but this really made me view life so different, so much to life for ...
her writing was also very good I believe:
“I tell myself I’m strong.
I don’t need to show
my painful past
no one needs to know
the horror I went through
I grew up too quick
and no one, saw past my surface
I don’t know how to hurt people
I don’t know how to be loved
I don’t know how to love
I’m hurt but I’m strong
and I’m perfect
alone.”
— Daul Kim

Reactions: 1 user
She had so much talent & now I'm remembering others and also never forget Tom Nicon who was the face of Burberry :( I got so emotional all of a sudden with this, just these days I've been so depressed/borderline suicidal but this really made me view life so different, so much to life for ...
her writing was also very good I believe:
“I tell myself I’m strong.
I don’t need to show
my painful past
no one needs to know
the horror I went through
I grew up too quick
and no one, saw past my surface
I don’t know how to hurt people
I don’t know how to be loved
I don’t know how to love
I’m hurt but I’m strong
and I’m perfect
alone.”
— Daul Kim

That was beautiful.

She was a fave of mine! I really loved her look, her style, and her quirkiness.
I always read her blog, she was so interesting, very smart and creative. So sorry she was so unhappy deep down.

She was a fave of mine! I really loved her look, her style, and her quirkiness.
I always read her blog, she was so interesting, very smart and creative. So sorry she was so unhappy deep down.

I know, it just makes me think how everyone isn't really how they appear...

I miss her. I can't believe there was no one in her life making life worth living, but at the same time i know how depression can take you to very dark and lonely places.

Yeah, I heard about her. It's difficult to understand. Such a beauty should not have problems to find a man who can make her happy.
That's sad.

Harper's Bazaar made a sculpture of Daul a few years ago :lol:

IMG_0269%5B1%5D

IMG_0263%5B1%5D

dk.JPG

So cute, love her shoes there!

So sad what happend to her she was so clever and unique, one of my truly faves as a model and her personality/intelligence/witt that she reflected on her blog, I felt very identified with her thoughts and quirky humor.

And her career was starting to rise a lot she was getting a lot of jobs I even think she had a chanel(bags) campaign coming(not sure though)...I think she would have had an amazing career too bad she felt so bad inside and perhaps very lonely modelling? and other personal issues of course ... :(

I wonder if any of the VIPs knew her?

dkim_09dec_kv2.jpg

dkim_09nov_russh.jpg

dkim_09sept_japv2.jpg

dkim_09septbs_lacoste.jpg

“I'm usually very miserable, so I reward myself with a fur coat every year. ” - Daul Kim - RUSSH (Nov/09)
:cry::kiss: miss you Daul.

She was a very beautiful girl, but most importantly, she seemed like a very special person, and her blog reflects that- she had the deep sensitivity that people rarely have. It's very sad that although she so obviously was depressed, no one managed to help her. At least she does not suffer anymore, if there is anything after death, I hope that she's at peace.