Date Night

aestheticallyskinny

SkinnyGossip Royal
Apr 26, 2020
Paris
As you can tell from the very uncreative title, this thread is about sharing clothing ideas as well as posting our own date night looks. I am sure this specific section could be helpful for some of us, including myself, to find new inspiration along with recommendations about certain clothing pieces.

Although I'm not specifically seeing someone at the moment, I do know that there will be many dates to come, which I mentioned in another thread before. :sneaky:
So obviously, as I am a person who basically planes everything ahead, I started to think about outfit ideas. My vision when it comes to date night looks is always to keep it classy, not to reveal too much but also not too little. Nothing new, I know, but there are so many girls out there who just go overboard with their clothes and completely expose themselves which is IMO a complete no-go.

My staples for the night look include a well-fitted pair of black suit pants with a matching blazer, a white shirt, a black mini dress with some details around the collar or upper body, and black or white/cream silk blouses. I've had a vintage YSL tuxedo for quite some time now, and I absolutely adore this piece, as I can pair it over a little black dress or wear it only by itself.

When it comes to accessories, I always go for one of these two bags (below) and I recently have been loving the YSL dotted tights. And of course, lingerie is an important part of a date night outfit. Most of the time I don't wear a bra but if there is a significant other who can rip it off my body later that night, I will ovbiously be choosing something appealing like this which was a gift from my ex.

Last but not least, I just wanted to include some inspiration pictures that come immediately into my mind, when I'm thinking of going out. Well, as soon as my time comes, I will obviously make an updated post about what I end up wearing, but up until then, I am keen seeing all of your girl's favorite looks
:kiss:

33E15D02-0477-4720-B904-1A2D42262102.jpeg
DF468F50-4538-4117-A3DA-4BD7FF64C603.jpeg
172013D7-BF7D-4170-B3FA-B7AA29A9A524.jpeg
1EBF5818-05AB-45E5-BA66-C829F428FB4C.jpeg
C27E59A5-86BD-4EFD-8E5F-31C51C9CD21F.jpeg
841CC66E-785A-445A-B147-B238DD5E35C3.jpeg
9960F0EF-B74D-40C2-8297-FA2489F8B019.jpeg
C2823B95-5648-4867-9B61-EA6A412D378E.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Love this thread idea!

I have 2 go-to date night outfits:

for first dates at bars and so on where I don’t anticipate much below-the-belt action to happen, I wear light wash straight leg jeans, black silk camisole with no bra and trench coat/duster, with either heeled boots or strappy heels depending on the weather.

if I expect or want action, I always wear a miniskirt, again with heels or heeled boots, and again the trench because it’s just sexy. I think skirts immediately imply easy access and encourage it.

for a date where I want to look classy: black or copper slip dress, again no bra, with blazer and strappy heels.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Love this thread idea!

I have 2 go-to date night outfits:

for first dates at bars and so on where I don’t anticipate much below-the-belt action to happen, I wear light wash straight leg jeans, black silk camisole with no bra and trench coat/duster, with either heeled boots or strappy heels depending on the weather.

if I expect or want action, I always wear a miniskirt, again with heels or heeled boots, and again the trench because it’s just sexy. I think skirts immediately imply easy access and encourage it.

for a date where I want to look classy: black or copper slip dress, again no bra, with blazer and strappy heels.
I‘m glad you like this thread! When it comes to bars or something more casual I definitely prefer a pair of vintage black Levi’s paired with either a black or white shirt without any bra where I keep the first buttons open to show some xylo.

I forgot to link two of my favorite wool coats for colder nights, that I like to thrown over a little dress and tights.

Totême grey wool coat
WardrobeNyc black wool coat

Reactions: 4 users
Currently I don't have any specific full outfits/certain pieces in mind for dating but in general, there are a few body parts that I like to reveal strategically for these occasions.
Also, with dating it really depends on the location. So of course for a coffee date I wouldn't arrive in a red va va voom dress but instead play the girl next door role.
That being said, whenever I show skin, I do so by accents only, and if you want to (pretend to) be classy, there's so many options especially for us skinny ones!
I usually pick one of these:

- collar bones/shoulders
- legs
- back

Advantages of being skinny: not looking vulgar but rather sophisticated/sweet!

A backless dress, which can even be loose, looks so good on dainty bodies

aa6f1c46388e50d651b5006db8279550.jpg

For the collar situation I like no boob - off shoulder, or less mainstream collar shapes like the square one:
Women-Off-Shoulder-Dress-Sexy-V-Neck-Short-Sleeve-Solid-1950s-Vintage-A-line-Swing-Dress.jpg_q50.jpg

Retro-temperament-square-collar-exposed-collarbone-dress-tight-skinny-was-thin-waisted-open-sp...jpg

Since the last one is also quite short and slit through, I think the long sleeves are quite important for sexy|modest balance.. Could also wear otk boots. I'd prefer a delicate necklace but anything goes, it's really just a basic piece. However with this one I don't really like that it's THAT short and also tight, since we're already showing a good amount of cleavage.
agg42986_black_xl.jpeg

This one is nearly the same dress (honestly why is google literally showing me only three different dresses in total.. as usual, whenever I search I don't find, but anytime else I find loads of what I like! :D ) however the sleeves are flared- which adds to a more cutesy aesthetic, also balancing out some of the sexy. Plus the cut is amazing if you're square bodied: A line skirts create an illusion of waist and hips.
Those sleeves could even be more flared, it would add some playful details. On a practical note, very wide flared sleeves can be annoying to deal with when eating.

For legs, short dresses are not the only option to flaunt them. Asymmetrical skirt parts or long slit dresses can be mesmerising! But Google hates me so I'll just leave it as a description.

Bonus tip:
Portable bag hooks! Have one in your handbag just in case you end up somewhere without space for your bag so you won't have to put it on the floor (filth, damage) or a chair (etiquette).
images (11).jpeg

This is all more on the chic fancy side of dating- if I don't feel like pretending to be all that, I'll put on something more fashionable, less mature (could even be an oversized white shirt as a dress like the following plus Doc's- I don't like the details in here but it's just about the idea)
327ed1c4077a58121e801eab99a5a960.jpg

Usually I think of my intention: do I want to attract a certain type of man? What would he like? Do I want to be an absolute eye catcher in the spotlight (e.g. fancy red dress) or would my date hate the attention (keep it casually chic)?
Of course in the end it has to be fun for you too. I don't mind changing my style like that- I can identify with anything honestly. But I get when people say "Just be yourself"- especially when you prefer a rather unique style, then you're probably best with making sure he's on board with the real you in the earliest stages. It's just for me personally I love the attention that comes with being my date's perfect phantasy. Can't help it.

• Agree
Nice, refreshing fun thread that is a chance to reflect everyone’s personalized sense of style. My date night outfit depends greatly on with whom, the restaurant of choice and other activities involved afterwards.

My clothing choices are also not really anything brand worthy to be honest as I don’t like spending a lot of money on clothes. I am quite fickle with style and purchases do not last more than two to three years before I either give it away or toss it. There are some classic pieces that are more expensive like trench coats, leather jackets, but for the most part, everything is affordable.

In my younger years, I would have gravitated towards sexy and a great deal of leg with heels or very flashy. However, as I get older, I value comfort above all else even when I am looking good. Now I gravitate towards outfits that are modest, not too flashy, are comfortable and not screaming "look at me". I am not very comfortable with “all eyes on me” and prefer to just feel at ease and comfortable now. I also like looking put together while not appearing as if trying too hard.

Formal date night at high-end upscale restaurant:

For summer, a modest, summery satin blouse most probably mid-length or long sleeve simple in design and color. I am usually very cold in restaurants in the summer and having a long-sleeve top helps a lot. Blouses are great because you can pair it with anything either dressing it up or down. It also allows me to move around comfortably without worrying if something is amiss with my boobs or having to constantly adjust sleeves or straps.

1603706728bc48efdcfe1ae1b7ffa476917f8d2abc_thumbnail_900x.jpg
162556909264dc76049a41f05f0d08b1915fb87d0e_thumbnail_900x.jpg
637606944527530000.jpg

For the bottom, probably with a simple, fanned out skirt. Nothing tight fitted if I will be eating food. This paired with low heel sandals revealing nicely manicured toe nails. Nothing over 10cm and no closed shoes. No ankle strap sandals because they make you look shorter. The comfort of my feet is very important and if you have ever gone through a night with sore feet in enclosed heels, you will know that it is the worst nightmare and I am too old for that.

637606944527530000ggg.jpg
hhh.jpg

For autumn, this type of outfit paired with a trench coat or similar.

Hair would be classic waves or straight not tied.

Casual date night at regular restaurant or a movie

Again the blouse, but a more casual type or style paired with jeans and white sneakers. This might seem very boring and too casual for some, but is probably my favorite date night outfit. I have the most fun in a very casual outfit and focus more on being my genuine self without coming off as pretentious or trying too hard.

Jeans are stretchy skinny, blue or black. Sneakers should be plain white, clean and worn with very low “invisible” socks. They cannot be wedged or high. Again, wedged and bulky shoes makes a person look shorter even if, in height, they are taller.
The look can be accessorized to look more put together. Small earrings (studs) and maybe a necklace. Hair a messy bun or messy ponytail. The idea is to look like you put no thought and effort into it, but actually a lot of thought and effort went into it.

relaxed-white-shirt-women-business-casual-style-luxe-digital.jpg

c79f46059a6bca94f2e1c24c9cddca35.jpg
images.jpg