Dance Movies

N

Nala

They are kind of a hobby for me. Even though I never danced (ballet, hip hop or anything) I simply love almost all dance movies. They can even have the silliest storyline, but I love them all :lol:

For example:
- Center Stage 1&2
- Step up (all parts)
- Honey 1&2
- Dirty Dancing 1&2
- Flashdance
- Save the last dance (never seen the 2. movie though)
- Saturday Night Fever

I never dared to join a dancing-school because I am really not talented for dancing. In the clubs on weekends I can move, but I couldn't follow a choreography. I still would love to take ballet classes.
I also thought about buying a wii and get some of the fitness-programms, because that way I could dance secretly :lol:

What about you?

I absolutely *love* watching dance movies. Most of them are cheesy, but I still love them!:p

Have you thought of maybe looking into some drop-in classes? I've tried a couple of drop-in beginner dance classes and I find that everyone is really just happy to see that you're taking an interest in dance.

The dance community is really supportive and in my opinion, non-judgemental as it comes down to this: we're all there because we love to dance and it makes us happy.

i love love love black swan, great inspiration...i started swimming since then because i read natalie portman also achieved her long muscles and lean ballerina figure from swimming (additionally to months of ballet training), and that it is a good training for ballerinas:)

In the clubs on weekends I can move, but I couldn't follow a choreography. I still would love to take ballet classes.

haha THIS. i am the completely opposite... i danced ballet since i was 4, i can learn pretty fast any choreopraphy, but put me in a club and let me dance and i am totally LOST...so embarassing:oops: ... i really have to be drunk to move at least a little bit^^

Have you thought of maybe looking into some drop-in classes? I've tried a couple of drop-in beginner dance classes and I find that everyone is really just happy to see that you're taking an interest in dance.

The dance community is really supportive and in my opinion, non-judgemental as it comes down to this: we're all there because we love to dance and it makes us happy.

Thought about it a lot. But I couldn't find a good dance studio. Either they're too expensive or the offer "dance4fans/dance4kids" classes. But I'm a little too old for that :)
I think I will go for the wii :lol:

I'm old fashioned. "Billy Elliot" just rocks.

I don't know if any of you've seen "White Nights" with Mikhail Baryshnikov, but after seeing the opening scene in a lecture about music and dance I was convinced - he is the worlds best dancer. So talented and it always looks effortless and fun, never like showing-off, plus he's a great actor. :luv:

I think I will go for the wii :lol:

I just pick up stuff from videos.

Good god, I remember myself some years ago when I was so much into ballet. I trained every day and learned to do the splits, lift up and bend my leg so far that toes touch forehead. lol. And jumping. I could do the split jump and since I was overflown with energy I often went running and ended up jumping on each step. Probably looked like an idiot. :cool:

If you like dance movies, you should check out Take The Lead, it's absolutely amazing :luv:

I just watch First Position on Demand yesterday... SO GOOD!!!!! You guys would love it because they talk a lot about strength and discipline, and all of the dancers are gorgeous and thin and dance ballet beautifully.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiPFKDFZuRM