Corpse Chic & Death in the Fashion Industry

"Wah wah wah, the models are too skinny, do u want us to lyke, die 4 fashion or sumthin?"

Death is the subject of all kinds of art - music, visual art, movies, books, and yes, even fashion. It's been glamorized for hundreds of years. Just because Western culture is afraid of it doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about it.

Reactions: 1 user
^ fashion has a peculiar relation to death though - because of its specific time structure.
there's lots of good (better) literature on fadhion and death, i can recommend stuff if anybody's interested.

^ fashion has a peculiar relation to death though - because of its specific time structure.
there's lots of good (better) literature on fadhion and death, i can recommend stuff if anybody's interested.
I'm very interested, please share!

Yes, please! I would love to read something a bit more intellectual on the subject!
:luvluv:

I know that this is thread is a bit old, but isn't it funny that The Neon Demon - that is, the only high fashion-themed movie that's come out in a while (that I can think of, anyways) - is very dark/death-centered?

I'm interested!

@sore I am interested as well! Haha I desperately need some summer reading . . . the books that I grabbed at the library on a whim are so blah. Please do share! :kiss:

you guys, thanks for being interested! I'll post something, I promise, just not now.