Corpse Chic & Death in the Fashion Industry

vanitas

Grand Dame
Jan 26, 2015

Ellie

SkinnyGossip Royal
Jul 7, 2015
Outside
"Wah wah wah, the models are too skinny, do u want us to lyke, die 4 fashion or sumthin?"

Death is the subject of all kinds of art - music, visual art, movies, books, and yes, even fashion. It's been glamorized for hundreds of years. Just because Western culture is afraid of it doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about it.

Reactions: 1 user

sore

Super Star
Jan 25, 2012
^ fashion has a peculiar relation to death though - because of its specific time structure.
there's lots of good (better) literature on fadhion and death, i can recommend stuff if anybody's interested.

amincer

Worker Bee
Apr 17, 2012
^ fashion has a peculiar relation to death though - because of its specific time structure.
there's lots of good (better) literature on fadhion and death, i can recommend stuff if anybody's interested.
I'm very interested, please share!

Danger

Rookie
Apr 3, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Yes, please! I would love to read something a bit more intellectual on the subject!
:luvluv:

Serea

Rising Star
Jul 21, 2016
United States
I know that this is thread is a bit old, but isn't it funny that The Neon Demon - that is, the only high fashion-themed movie that's come out in a while (that I can think of, anyways) - is very dark/death-centered?

Silent Night

Grand Dame
Feb 8, 2012
UK

I'm interested!

Serea

Rising Star
Jul 21, 2016
United States
@sore I am interested as well! Haha I desperately need some summer reading . . . the books that I grabbed at the library on a whim are so blah. Please do share! :kiss:

sore

Super Star
Jan 25, 2012
you guys, thanks for being interested! I'll post something, I promise, just not now.