Corpse Chic & Death in the Fashion Industry

vanitas

Grand Dame

Ellie

SkinnyGossip Royal
"Wah wah wah, the models are too skinny, do u want us to lyke, die 4 fashion or sumthin?"

Death is the subject of all kinds of art - music, visual art, movies, books, and yes, even fashion. It's been glamorized for hundreds of years. Just because Western culture is afraid of it doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about it.

Reactions: 1 user

sore

Super Star
^ fashion has a peculiar relation to death though - because of its specific time structure.
there's lots of good (better) literature on fadhion and death, i can recommend stuff if anybody's interested.

Ellie

SkinnyGossip Royal
fashion has a peculiar relation to death though - because of its specific time structure.
I'm curious what you mean by time structure! Can you say more?

amincer

Worker Bee
^ fashion has a peculiar relation to death though - because of its specific time structure.
there's lots of good (better) literature on fadhion and death, i can recommend stuff if anybody's interested.
I'm very interested, please share!

Danger

Rookie
Yes, please! I would love to read something a bit more intellectual on the subject!
:luvluv:

Serea

Rising Star
I know that this is thread is a bit old, but isn't it funny that The Neon Demon - that is, the only high fashion-themed movie that's come out in a while (that I can think of, anyways) - is very dark/death-centered?

Silent Night

Grand Dame
I'm interested!

Serea

Rising Star
@sore I am interested as well! Haha I desperately need some summer reading . . . the books that I grabbed at the library on a whim are so blah. Please do share! :kiss:

sore

Super Star
you guys, thanks for being interested! I'll post something, I promise, just not now.