Coats?

classichic

Super Star
Jan 27, 2012
Somewhere
What type of coats do you all wear or like? Post pictures so I can get an idea. My go to coat is black in wool and was from a.p.c I can't find a picture but once I do i will post.

What type of coats do you like?

Mmmhh coats..I love them, cant´t wait for summer passing and autumn starting now so that I can wear them again :luv:

I like classic versions. I have some things that are a MUST for coats: They have to be wool (or even better :D) & I hate plastic buttons. If a coat is really beautiful and has plastic buttons, I buy beautiful metal buttons and change them ;)

Padded coats of every sort make me wanna vomit. I hate those things, I know women feel warm in them, but oh please...not for me.

I searched for some expensive stuff now, it was fun...

Starting with the basics, short, black, beautiful...I own two black wool coats. One would be enough, but it happened that I found another one. I have them for 4-5 years now, for my budget they were really expensive, but its worth it.

I searched for even a bit more expensive examples :D

Burberry, wool&cashmere

burberry-black-wool-cashmere-pea-coat-product-1-2796577-826273269_large_flex.jpeg

Longer version, single breasted wool coat, Versace - love the cut, but the buttons look a bit ugly ;D

versace-singlebreasted-coat-product-2-4413881-168493760_full.jpeg

Something cheaper, little playful - for the silly days...

Modcloth

modcloth-teal-big-city-blues-coat-in-spruce-product-1-4427820-313450726_medium_flex.jpeg

Every black haired girl needs a red coat (I think the blondes also do! :D)

This one is cute (maybe nearly too cute for me, my red wool coat is a bit more simple, but I like this one as well)

FEMME

femme-red-double-breasted-coat-product-1-4140416-888133865_large_flex.jpeg

Or something like this in red&black

MOSCHINO

moschino-red-coat-product-1-3975797-582823702_large_flex.jpeg

And last but not least...some extravaganca I definately WOULD wear if anybody would send it :D

11278-055040866_large_flex.jpeg

WORTH
worth-black-silk-satin-lace-viscose-velvet-coat-product-2-3953375-378085252_full.jpeg

MCQUEEN
alexander-mcqueen-black-double-wool-crepe-godet-coat-product-2-3851046-413146277_large_flex.jpeg

I buy military coats from antique shops (we all know what those look like). Very warm and built to last. Though obviously not designed for women, they still look chic on a skinny frame as most things do.

I own two :)wtf: I need more :lol:)
1. is similar to this one, but without the applications and detailing! All plain and black - except the ruby inner lining - and this awesome cut makes an awesome waist:luv:
stock_hellbunny_coat_dandy_ss1.jpg

2. this one
PoizenIndustriesPolkaDotMaceCoat.jpg

In general, I love frock coats, edwardian and victorian/steampunk coats
A-7-58-040-07.jpg

41GbGEIQj%2BL.jpg

806825.jpg

461834475_1067c84d56.jpg

033-400x600.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I own two :)wtf: I need more :lol:)
1. is similar to this one, but without the applications and detailing! All plain and black - except the ruby inner lining - and this awesome cut makes an awesome waist:luv:
stock_hellbunny_coat_dandy_ss1.jpg

Is that real velvet? :luv: If so, its officially the coat I would want next :D I love the fact that yours is without the applications, it must look awesome! :D

Is that real velvet? :luv: If so, its officially the coat I would want next :D I love the fact that yours is without the applications, it must look awesome! :D
No, it's some kind of imitation ... I don't know the english word, good you're from Germany :lol: Flocksamt

Ah I love my winter coat!! It's dark grey (not wool as I don't like to wear it, but it has a wool look) and just below my hips, with oversized toggle buttons and a huge hood :) it looks so casual and pahhhfect.

I also have a dressy one, it's very soft and black. It's cut just slightly above the hips and is sort of A-lined and swishy, so it's great with dresses or skirts.

I would love a burgundy jacket this year though :luv: maybe when I'm a brunette again.

Ah I love my winter coat!! It's dark grey (not wool as I don't like to wear it, but it has a wool look) and just below my hips, with oversized toggle buttons and a huge hood :) it looks so casual and pahhhfect.

I also have a dressy one, it's very soft and black. It's cut just slightly above the hips and is sort of A-lined and swishy, so it's great with dresses or skirts.

They both sound lovely! Any pics? :popcorn:

I have a navy wool coat, kind of military styled I guess. (well I have other coats too... but this one is my "main" coat?)

I think nice colors for coats are one in black or navy, and another in camel and one in whatever color that flatters you.

My friend has a poncho style coat and it's really cute :) or else I think a wool coat which goes just above your knees is nice. Also, for more casual looks and really cold weather, a cute parka... I'm not a fan of most padded jackets but I have one that doesn't look like a sleeping bag.

Ah, coats - the majority of my freaking wardrobe because it's winter for most of the year here, haha. I have to admit I definitely own one of those giant down coats, but it's out of absolute necessity here because it gets so damn cold!

Longer version, single breasted wool coat, Versace - love the cut, but the buttons look a bit ugly ;D

versace-singlebreasted-coat-product-2-4413881-168493760_full.jpeg

I love this one - I have a black leather jacket that same length and just utterly adore it. I'd probably opt for plain buttons, though!

Just today I bought a down-filled coat from Moncler and am so excited! It's quite warm and has a cinched waist so I don't look enormous. (This has always been what I hate about big, puffy coats.) Anyway, I generally wear a black wool day coat during fall and have another one in charcoal that is styled more like a wool trench coat... but I desperately needed something warmer for the winter.

I have a coat similar to this one, double breasted but a bit better tailored and with a higher waist:
c908kvvgwkom4syoc.jpg

I also have a beige parka with a smaller waist(not chinched though) for colder weather and it's...nice, but not very fashion forward.

My mother has this amazing eggshell wool coat. Very heavy. I wore it at a wedding recently and didn't freeze my ass off in a skimpy dress. They don't make coats like these anymore... :(

I love trench coats. And we all know that the best trench coats are Burberry ;)

burberry_runway_springsummer_e1e61.jpg
Burberry-trench-coat-spring-2010.jpg
Cara-Delevingne-for-Burberry-Spring-2012-1.jpg

I love trench coats. And we all know that the best trench coats are Burberry ;)
I love Burberry trench coats too! But I think it's funny how they're surprisingly not as versatile as you'd think they'd be. For example, if it's actually "proper winter" weather, it's not warm enough. Also, if you go overboard with the layering, you look bulky. A lot of the time, it can be too cold or warm so that in the end, I can only wear it some of the time in spring and autumn :hmm: still... it looks good :lol:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I have one like this:
caroline-wool-coat-dark-grey.jpg

only with a more defined waist and not the shiny arms because the arms are wool too, and with a neck like this:
AAAADPc6zwcAAAAAAA5fzQ.jpg

I'd love to have a winter coat with a (don't know the english word) capuchon but I don't want those that look like a duvet wrapped around a person :(

I love Burberry trench coats too! But I think it's funny how they're surprisingly not as versatile as you'd think they'd be. For example, if it's actually "proper winter" weather, it's not warm enough. Also, if you go overboard with the layering, you look bulky. A lot of the time, it can be too cold or warm so that in the end, I can only wear it some of the time in spring and autumn :hmm: still... it looks good :lol:

Agree. You'll be cold most of the time. Go for another trench which that are much more cheaper if you want the same kind or a trench more suitable for cold weathers.

Burberry trench coats are so cute! I really want one. Though, I feel they won't be warm enough for Canadian weather.