Classic and Unconventional Beauties

H

HollieP=)

I thought I would start a thread were we can post our favourite beauties, both classic and unconventional. Who is your favourite in each category? Which kind of beauty do you prefer? Which category are you most like?

T

theannase

Idk why, but I actually find Lady Gaga quite special. Her body is pretty nice, but also her face is so unique.

However, not fan of the things she has done to her face:

Rhianna

Rising Star
In my opinion Sigrid is a classic beauty:

Karlie is an unconventional/unique beauty:

H

HollieP=)

In my opinion Sigrid is a classic beauty:

Karlie is an unconventional/unique beauty:

I thnk Sigrid is an amazing classic beauty too, but I think Karlie is a little more classic than really unconventional like lily cole or Sasha Pivovarova:luv:

B

Babydoll

Classic Beauties:
Natalia Vodianova

Maryna Linchuk

Frida Gustavsson

Liya Kebede

Chanel Iman

Fei fei Sun

Vlada Roslyakova

Natasha Poly

B

Babydoll

Unconventonal Beauties:
Kolfinna Kristófersdóttir

Gemma Ward

Freja Beha Erichsen

Liu Wen

Joan Smalls

Lisa Cant

Karlie Kloss

Arizona Muse

Lindsey Wixson

Super Star
Classic:

Montana Cox

Lily Donaldson

Frida Gustavsson

Snejana Onopka

Kendra Spears

Aline Weber

Ginta Lapina

Alessandra Ambrosio

Dree Hemingway

Alexandra Tretter

Super Star
Unconventional:

Karlie Kloss

Lauren Brie Harding

Lara Stone

Tanya Dziahileva

Freja Beha Erichsen

Abbey Lee Kershaw

Aymeline Valade

Mariacarla Boscono

Karen Elson

Codie Young

H

Holly

While I agree all of these girls have beauty, I think some of the definitions of classic/ unconventional aren't quite on the money. Maybe I misunderstood the question, and it's just what we think, but the whole point of classic is precisely that it isn't as subjective as unconventional. Classic features are a symmetrical oval shaped face, tapered jawline, straight nose, high cheek bones, large eyes and full hair. Karlie is absolutely a classic under this. Audrey has become a classic beauty in the sense she has an enduring appeal, but it is her overall elgance, rather than face that give her her timelessness. She has a square jawline, and thick straight brows, as opposed to classically full arched ones. Both are completely lovely to me, but there's a difference between classic as in 'classical' (stems from Roman-Rennaissance perceptions of beauty), and classic as in 'iconic'.

Silent Night

Grand Dame
I don't think I can tell the difference very well - I tend to thing 'classical = boring', so I'll stick with someone I'm sure of...

UNCONVENTIONAL
Chloe Memisevic

I love her, practically no-one else does :nopity: