Christmas Wishlist

Love this. I'm currently scouring the Internet for a nice graphic design drawing tablet. Other than that, what I really want for Christmas is peace and quiet, and a cozy day of happiness. These past few years have been long, and I'd like a sentimental, wintry respite with a warm cat, the boyfriend and some board games.

I did some professional graphic design and I used iPad pro and used Affinity Pro app among some others. I loved it.

Which board games are you looking to get? I love worker placement and resource management games such as Russian Railroads, Lords of Waterdeep, and Keyflower.

I don’t think it’s worthwhile making a different thread so I hope you don’t mind me being off topic:

What are you guys getting for the men in your lives? I got my husband an LV wallet, stamped with initials, but I want a larger item that perhaps costs less? I’ve got him some shoes, and he got himself the new DJI mini drone so I’m kinda stuck...

My bf and I don’t do Christmas gift giving but for his birthday, I am paying for a year of his gym membership without him knowing. So that I’ll wait until he notices he stopped paying and then I’ll surprise him with the news.

He’s someone who has everything he wants and you can buy. He makes more as well so I try to take note of his patterns and make changes within what he already does and has to lighten his load.

Reactions: 1 user
I did some professional graphic design and I used iPad pro and used Affinity Pro app among some others. I loved it.

Which board games are you looking to get? I love worker placement and resource management games such as Russian Railroads, Lords of Waterdeep, and Keyflower.
Oh, yes. I played around with the iPad Pro in-store and it's lovely. My boyfriend has a Wacom Cintiq and he spent awhile trying to show me iPad pencil lag time issues, because those annoy him a lot on the Cintiq... but he eventually gave up because there weren't any. :lol:

I'm a huge fan of placement games, too. I haven't been keeping up with the latest releases, although I can go on a long-ass rant about how it took so long for us to unbox and figure out the poorly written rules for Richard the Lionheart that this $70+ game sat untouched for a year. :whistling:

We have almost every Dominion expansion, and really like games like Castles of Mad King Ludwig, Roll for the Galaxy and Splendor. I'll have to take a look at Russian Railroads and Keyflower.

It'd be fun to go super old-school and get him a ridiculously nice deck of cards to teach him skat, but, alas, we're only two people.

Same. Which model are you thinking?
Nice! I really don't know yet. My budget is probably going to be like 3k? I was going to go look at some today actually and see what I'd like best!
You have any ideas on what you're looking for?

Nice! I really don't know yet. My budget is probably going to be like 3k? I was going to go look at some today actually and see what I'd like best!
You have any ideas on what you're looking for?
Yeah, that's kinda my budget too, although I'm willing to go up to 4-4.5k after looking at some models. Initially I wanted the most silver, but at this price range it's a trade-off between brand and silver hardware lol. Also I definitely want a B-foot, but I'm not sure about offset or inline G (my current one is offset G, as far as I remember I never played on an inline). The ones I've been eyeing are:
Sankyo CF 201 (silver head)
Muramatsu EX-III (silver head)
Powell Sonare 705 (silver head and body)
Altus 907 (silver head)
(also maybe Azumi Z3? I've been seeing some silver-bodied Yamaha and Pearl in this price range as well, but I'd rather go a bit higher end brand-wise)
Generally I lean more towards Japanese brands (my current one is a Pearl), since I am not very familiar with American flute makers (Powell, Gemeinhardt, Haynes), but I'll have to try as many of them as I can and see which one I like best. Also, as far as I know the headjoint makes the most difference in a flute, so I'll probably focus on that.

Oh, yes. I played around with the iPad Pro in-store and it's lovely. My boyfriend has a Wacom Cintiq and he spent awhile trying to show me iPad pencil lag time issues, because those annoy him a lot on the Cintiq... but he eventually gave up because there weren't any. :lol:

I'm a huge fan of placement games, too. I haven't been keeping up with the latest releases, although I can go on a long-ass rant about how it took so long for us to unbox and figure out the poorly written rules for Richard the Lionheart that this $70+ game sat untouched for a year. :whistling:

We have almost every Dominion expansion, and really like games like Castles of Mad King Ludwig, Roll for the Galaxy and Splendor. I'll have to take a look at Russian Railroads and Keyflower.

It'd be fun to go super old-school and get him a ridiculously nice deck of cards to teach him skat, but, alas, we're only two people.

The non pro version does have an annoying lag and older pro has a slight one but not debilitating. Cintaq is probably best but i like to work on the bus, at the gym, on a pole xD etc. IPad works best for on the go.

I am a playtester and do some art for games. I’ll let you know if there’s any you may enjoy.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Can I change my Wishlist to ANYTHING from here?
Especially the sterling silver greenhouse with fresh flower arrangements each month for a year! Or the Aga.