christian-dior-haute-couture-spring-summer-2012-9.jpg

11_epa_2117391a.jpg

spring-2012-dior-1.jpg

Christian-Dior-Couture-Spring-2012-16.jpg

Christian-Dior-Pre-Fall-2012_0011.jpg

Christian-Dior-Couture-Spring-2012.jpg

Christian-Dior-Couture-Spring-2012.jpg

christian-dior-spring-summer-2012-couture.jpg

Love love LOOOVE. Galliano really brought life to Dior. It's a shame the awful things he said, but I really wish they hadn't fired him.....he was AMAZING. And freakin Natalie Portman had to go and make the situation worse -_- I hate her for that.

And freakin Natalie Portman had to go and make the situation worse -_- I hate her for that.

I love his designs too, but I think it was John Galliano who made his own situation worse. Natalie Portman (who's Jewish) just said she found anti-Semitism disgusting and didn't want to work with an anti-Semite. He's the one who started yelling at bystanders that their relatives ought to have been gassed...

I love his designs too, but I think it was John Galliano who made his own situation worse. Natalie Portman (who's Jewish) just said she found anti-Semitism disgusting and didn't want to work with an anti-Semite. He's the one who started yelling at bystanders that their relatives ought to have been gassed...

I know, and obviously I don't approve of what he said at all, it was awful. But just the way she said it. I hate her. It's like she thinks Dior revolves around her, and she's not even a model! Of course he did deserve punishment, but if she had just said that and he hadn't done anything, they would have just thrown her out and found a real model to do a better job than her in a jiffy!

I bought Christian Dior high heels on the internet and they don't fit :( I'm going to have to try to sell them but I know I'll lose money. Its the risk you take buying shoes online I guess lol.

I heard that Raf Simmons is the new art director. Can't wait to see his work!

Not excited tbh...Raf is very minimalistic, while Dior under Galliano was very elaborate. Dior before Galliano was elaborate too. Raf's aesthetic is like the polar opposite of Dior's. People will compare his designs to Galliano's, and he will never match up because Galliano was a genius that not just anyone can match up to, especially not someone like Raf. Raf is perfect for Jil Sander. I'm worried about how Dior Haute Couture especially will turn out...And I really hope Raf doesn't use Daria Strokous for the Dior campaigns because Daria's look is not right for Dior, and she is such a bland model.

I agree with the Raf Simons' comment, he is very minimalistic and going from a Jil Sanders to Dior is just... odd I really hope John comes back and starts designing again because all of his designs where amazing! Specially the JG S/S 2008 collection I died when I saw the video in youtube, easily one of my favorite collections of all time! Anyways it was said he was going to revive Schiaparelli but that was dismissed as a rumor :( all I know is NYMag online posted this: Fashion writer Dana Thomas just tweeted, "Sighting: John Galliano lunching with Grace Coddington in Manhattan today and telling her that he is 'thrilled' with....something!" so we'll have to wait and see
:p