Childhood Movies

My favorite childhood movies:
Beauty and the Beast (I always wanted the library)
Finding Nemo
Shrek
My Girl
Room for One More
Mulan
Ice Age
Hocus Pocus
Fly Away Home
It Takes Two
Secret Garden
and my all time favorite was Little Women (the one with Katherine Hepburn-1933)

I loved all the Disney movies when I was young, especially Lion King, Aladdin, Mulan, Tarzan, and The Fox and the Hound. Later on I fell in love with any Miyuzaki movie after watching Totoro. :luv:

My all time favorites would have to be:
-Monsters Inc.
-Spirited Away
-Road to El Dorado
-Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmaron
-Balto
-Oliver and Company
-Dinosaur
-Any Digimon movie
-The Iron Giant
-Anastasia
-Jumanji
-Pokemon Movies
-The Swan Princess

I still watch kids movies now sometimes. Even though they're meant for kids you don't realize most of them have adult themes until you're grown up! :grin:The ones I love now are How to Train Your Dragon, Up, Princess and the Frog, Coraline, Rango, Rio, Treasure Planet, and Megamind.

Aw I loved all my Disney movies, especially the princess movies. I loved Pocahontas too.

Favorites:
The Little Mermaid
Pocahontas
Mulan
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White
Beauty and the Beast
The Lion King
The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride
Fantasia
Anastasia

I also loved the Harry Potter movies because I grew up with them. I was always waiting for my letter from Hogwarts.

I liked
The Brave Little Toaster
Home Alone 1 & 2
Mousehunt

Omg! The Brave Little Toaster! I can't wait to call my sister in the morning to see if she remembers it! Love!

Other favorites:

Wizard of Oz & Return to Oz (even though it's still the scariest movie I've ever seen, and imagine watching it when you were 5 yrs old.)

NeverEnding Story

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Mary Poppins

Disney's Alice in Wonderland

Who said my childhood isn't present yet? :) lol

I really enjoyed Russian Soviet fairytale films. Like Zholuska, Morozko, Korol' Drozdobovik, Tri Oreska dla Zholuski, Korolevstvo Krivih Zerkal, Alenkiy Tsvetochik, Princessa na Goroshine, Krasavitsa i Chudovishe... I think they're really cute!

Ooh, I love those! I haven't seen Krasavitsa i Chudovishe (Beauty and the Beast), but I used to watch the others all the time! I think my favorite is Tri Oreska dla Zholuski (Three Acorns for Cinderella).

I loved Toy Story SO much when it came out. Also:
Bambi
Wallace & Gromit
Studio Ghibli films (especially Mononoke- San was my idol when I was little!)

Also; The Great Mouse Detective. Possibly one of my favorite Disney movies.

I was SO into Aristocats, haha! I also really loved Atlantis and The Road to El Dorado....OHH and The Emperor's New Groove <3

I had the biggest crush on the blonde guy from the road to el dorado:lol: one of my favourite kid movies

I also loved Mulan, The Lion King(all of them), Little Mermaid
If we're talking shows (which I know we're not but I cant help myself ha) I loved recess, Kim Possible, Saved by the Bell, Sabrina, Two of a Kindm Courage the cowardly dog and Dexters Lab <3

Every year around christmas time "Ronja Räubertochter/Ronja Rövardotter" was on german TV. But not for a few years and that's so sad because I looove this movie!
I always wanted to have a friend like Birk and run away from home :)

I had the biggest crush on the blonde guy from the road to el dorado:lol: one of my favourite kid movies

I also loved Mulan, The Lion King(all of them), Little Mermaid
If we're talking shows (which I know we're not but I cant help myself ha) I loved recess, Kim Possible, Saved by the Bell, Sabrina, Two of a Kindm Courage the cowardly dog and Dexters Lab <3
omfg YES Miguel was so hot hahahaha

Does anyone here like The Land Before Time? made me cry so many times when I was a kid. Love it!
LandBeforeTimePlatvoetmetmoeder.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
My all time childhood favorites:

-Swan Lake (an old shitty-animation version that I watched probably more than any other movie growing up, looking back I think I was as obsessed with the Tchaikovsky score as with the story)
-Beauty and the Beast
-A Little Princess
-Mary Poppins
-Fantasia

My all time childhood favorites:

-Swan Lake (an old shitty-animation version that I watched probably more than any other movie growing up, looking back I think I was as obsessed with the Tchaikovsky score as with the story)
-Beauty and the Beast
-A Little Princess
-Mary Poppins
-Fantasia
Oh goodness I watched Swan Lake incessantly as well, Tchaikovsky made my childhood vibrant

When I was a little kid I'd watch Show Boat (1951) a lot. Honestly, I have no idea why, but I'd watch it over and over again. My family would also watch movies like The Music Man and The Sound of Music a lot. Strangely enough a lot of children's movies gave me nightmares.
EDIT: just realized that I previously made a post in this forum about childhood movies, oh well, ha ha

I used to LOVE the show The Land Before Time... my brother and I had EVERY episode on video (before the time of DVDs, obviously;))

I loved and still love almost all Disney animations, especially
Sleeping Beauty
Lion King
101 Dalmatians
Aristocrats

Surprisingly, I was not a big fan of Cinderella or Snow White.
I also watched a lot of Cartoon Network (Tom and Jerry, Scooby Doo:luv: ahh happy times). Now cartoons are so violent and dumb.

I still watch animations, I love Kung fu Panda or UP. I recently watched Hotel Transylvania, pretty funny :)