Chelsea boots

salander

Rising Star
Jul 6, 2019
NYC
For about 6 months out of the year, I pretty much live in Chelsea boots with jeans or leather pants, and I’d like to invest in a really nice pair - preferably under $300 but I’m open to more if it’s for truly the best, most amazing and comfortable pair ever. I had a decent but fairly inexpensive pair last season that I beat the everloving crap out of doing so much walking in NYC, and I want a stylish, functional replacement.

Since I’m gearing up for fall, I’m researching now...do any of you have a pair you love? Anyone tried the Doc Marten ones? I like a couple of their styles but am not sure if I like the idea of them better than the reality.

My personal style when not in perpetual athletic wear is utilitarian/functional, a bit edgy, a bit classy, sort of androgynous/slightly butch at times, and I only wear black. I call myself “grown up goth”, lol. I can’t deal with things that aren’t comfortable to walk a lot in when it comes to shoes, so no extreme amount of heel for me because my aging skater body can’t do it anymore. :nopity:

Thanks in advance for pointing me towards something fabulous - I defer to you all as likely being 1200% more fashionable than I am, haha. And 100% on board with this thread being filled with models wearing Chelsea boots, for the record!

I don’t have either of these particular models, but have boots by both brands that have held up well over the years and are comfortable.

Not sure if it’s the shoes or her legs, but Kasia could sell me any pair of boots...

Attachments

• DA551474-B96B-4B33-AA71-CD5ABBD8B138.jpeg
    DA551474-B96B-4B33-AA71-CD5ABBD8B138.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 31A66AC9-B1C4-4B51-8E95-490DDAE4A86D.jpeg
    31A66AC9-B1C4-4B51-8E95-490DDAE4A86D.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 132
  • 72DDCFEF-FF5E-4AFE-8A23-FD5BCAB1BE14.jpeg
    72DDCFEF-FF5E-4AFE-8A23-FD5BCAB1BE14.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 4C24DFAB-5294-4BD7-9E08-1B0803E16C5A.jpeg
    4C24DFAB-5294-4BD7-9E08-1B0803E16C5A.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 352DE372-1DBE-4305-8256-143C48C4CA50.jpeg
    352DE372-1DBE-4305-8256-143C48C4CA50.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: 1 users

I don’t have either of these particular models, but have boots by both brands that have held up well over the years and are comfortable.

Not sure if it’s the shoes or her legs, but Kasia could sell me any pair of boots...

Thank you! I also have a few pairs of Frye boots/shoes and they have held up beautifully for me over the years - I think they have a storefront in Chicago so I might stop in when I’m there later this week and see if I can try a pair on. I haven’t tried any of the Stuart Weitzman before but I’ll check them out.

And those legs could sell me any boots in the world 😍...unfortunately at 5’2” they will likely look completely different on me, though! 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I own a pair of Doc Martens chelseas! They are as comfortable and durable as the classic 1460. I may be biased because I've been wearing Docs for 10 years now and they serve me well but you can't go wrong with them IMO. Just the right mix of chic and edgy plus never go out of style. The only thing is, it takes a while for this thick leather to break in. I have a tiiiny tiny scar left after my first pair (when you break them in, though, they are the most comfortable!).

Reactions: 1 user
I own a pair of Doc Martens chelseas! They are as comfortable and durable as the classic 1460. I may be biased because I've been wearing Docs for 10 years now and they serve me well but you can't go wrong with them IMO. Just the right mix of chic and edgy plus never go out of style. The only thing is, it takes a while for this thick leather to break in. I have a tiiiny tiny scar left after my first pair.

I have a few pairs of Docs and also love them - the break in part is infinitely easier than skates (my feet are a MESS), so I’m not overly worried about that part. The durability part is one reason why I’ve been considering them...that and they make a lined pair that look super toasty but still chic, which sounds perfect for winter. But knowing someone has them and they have held up well and are comfortable makes me a lot more likely to bite the bullet and get a pair, thank you!

Update: after trying on several pairs of Chelsea boots, I settled on the Doc Marten ones - two pairs of them, actually.

I liked the detailing on these:
46605952_001_b

And the fact that these made my legs longer (short girl needs all the help she can get!):

71R51SnbCUL._UY500_.jpg

So I’m feeling pretty good about that considering both pairs are comfortable and didn’t go over my budget to get two!

Thank you all for your help and advice! 😘

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Update: after trying on several pairs of Chelsea boots, I settled on the Doc Marten ones - two pairs of them, actually.

I liked the detailing on these:
46605952_001_b

And the fact that these made my legs longer (short girl needs all the help she can get!):

71R51SnbCUL._UY500_.jpg

So I’m feeling pretty good about that considering both pairs are comfortable and didn’t go over my budget to get two!

Thank you all for your help and advice! 😘
Wowie, really like the second pair.. Hopefully they are still available somewhere..

Edit: sorry I didn’t notice you had already bought them, oh well in case you want to buy more here you go.

I usually like to go with the classics Blundstone, they literally last forever

9A7177E0-43FA-4CA6-BBDA-4478E6A46F31.jpeg

Otherwise I bought a pair of Johnny Bulls in an Emmaus thrift shop and they are in perfect condition despite having been worn before me! They’re this model (minus the faux fur):

3B9BA7B0-A56D-443D-9DD0-D84518BABEBA.png
9E2E1344-A575-491A-BE1F-679A9FF8C563.jpeg