Characters in TV Shows with ED Storylines

YESSSSS :cool: Who cares if it's a "silly" book for teenager girls, it's AWESOME! If they want reading to be fun, the story better be interesting ;)

EXACTLY! though to be fair I am a teenage girl...:p

I gotta read the books!

@Jasmine,

I haven't read the books but I herd that it wasn't worth reading, apparently the series is much better? And I like how the girls are close. I heard somewehre that the girls aren't actually close in the books? Also, I'm scared if I read the books it would change my view of the show and characters. In the show my favourite are definitely Spencer and Hannah. I would definitely prefer a skinnier Hannah but I think Ashley Benson is doing a good job.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jasmine,

I haven't read the books but I herd that it wasn't worth reading, apparently the series is much better? And I like how the girls are close. I heard somewehre that the girls aren't actually close in the books? Also, I'm scared if I read the books it would change my view of the show and characters. In the show my favourite are definitely Spencer and Hannah. I would definitely prefer a skinnier Hannah but I think Ashley Benson is doing a good job.

I find the books are MUCH better. But the story line goes way off. It's more realistic in the books and makes more sense. But the girls are way more bad-ass :lol: The Hannah in the books is definitely much skinner:

http://pretty-little-liars.wikia.com/wiki/Hanna_Marin_(Book_Character)

Ok, well not much skinnier, but at least that character fits the bill better than the Hannah in the show, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the books are MUCH better. But the story line goes way off. It's more realistic in the books and makes more sense. But the girls are way more bad-ass :lol: The Hannah in the books is definitely much skinner.

Aaaah, I want to read the book now too:luv: Thank you for the hint;)

I don't know if it's even worth the mention, but in GossipGirl Blair Waldorf also shows signs of an ED. Sometimes they talk about "it", and ask if she has a relapse. Once she also binges on an entire pie and then purges (I don't remember exactly but I think she does). But it's not what the series is about so they only showed a few signs of her disorder.

Reactions: 1 user
Aaaah, I want to read the book now too:luv: Thank you for the hint;)

I don't know if it's even worth the mention, but in GossipGirl Blair Waldorf also shows signs of an ED. Sometimes they talk about "it", and ask if she has a relapse. Once she also binges on an entire pie and then purges (I don't remember exactly but I think she does). But it's not what the series is about so they only showed a few signs of her disorder.

I LOVE the books :lol:

YES! I was just thinking about Blair's battle with bulimia. They didn't play it out like I would have liked to have seen, it was just a couple episodes :(

I LOVE the books :lol:

YES! I was just thinking about Blair's battle with bulimia. They didn't play it out like I would have liked to have seen, it was just a couple episodes :(

Haha I think I' going to buy the first book as soon as I can:D

Oh, me too:( It would have been something I really would have "liked" to observe (well I don't like it when someone has an ED, but I always feel that I may learn something from seeing it) :shy:

Haha I think I' going to buy the first book as soon as I can:D

Oh, me too:( It would have been something I really would have "liked" to observe (well I don't like it when someone has an ED, but I always feel that I may learn something from seeing it) :shy:

:highfive::grin: You won't regret it!

Oh I know EXACTLY what you mean! It's sad to see, even when it's just a TV show character, but it's fascinating at the same time :nervous::popcorn:

Reactions: 1 user
There was a small pro-ana storyline in Nip/Tuck but the way they did it was pretty distasteful