Chanel Iman

Ah I hope she goes back to her old skinny self... She was so unique and always my favorite VS model. Horrible what the extra weight did to her face/jawline :nervous:

ChanelImanGalore12.jpg

Women who rock: Andrej Pejic

:lol:

I recently saw her on Germany's Next Top Model (a crappy casting show, but some friends forced me to watch it with them) and she looked very slim, skinny and overall great. But I'm not sure how recent it is.

I really dislike her, she has that fake bubbly attitude that I absolutely hate to see in people.

Sure she's tiny, but her proportions are off:
chaneltr7.jpg

Her hips are way too narrow for her bust, and she has the same shape as a man.

She's trying too hard as well, especially in the VS shows (well, when she used to be in them), you can see it.
I much prefer classy girls like Vlada or Gemma who look out of this world without even trying. Their mere presence is enchanting.

Her on the other hand.. no.

I was on skinnyvscurvy (that site is a guilty pleasure, plus i get a kick out of the profatty comments) and saw that Chanel is now a Sports Illustrated girl!!!

op72-37140-raw1200.jpg

op72-37403-raw1200.jpg

While she's put on some weight, I don't think she looks toooooo bad. Obviously shes looked better when super skinny, but i find chanel inspirational because my body is currently similar (only more bloated :cry: )

Back to Chanel, the gain is most noticeable on her face and thighs!!!! :nervous:

Her body looks better at this weight, I have to agree (minus her ankles). I've never liked her face, nor found her body aspirational (tiny but as @Lolita said, proportions). It's just a personnal opinion.
Anyway, she seems in a much better place, whish I'm happy for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
She was my No.1 thinspo for a long time. Now she looks so ordinary it hurts.And professional make up artists work on her face, that´s the worst part.
And in the picture where she wears a grey bra, her nails are disgusting. :run:

Interesting but brief article on Chanel in NAP's Edit online magazine. My favourite part is where Chanel talks about being 'naturally skinny' before disingenuously sharing fallout from gaining 15-20lbs over the past year, all the while simultaneously shovelling a buttered bread roll, a risotto, and crepes into her face. Lucky she's pretty, 'cos she sure ain't smart!

http://www.net-a-porter.com/magazine/239/10

Interesting but brief article on Chanel in NAP's Edit online magazine. My favourite part is where Chanel talks about being 'naturally skinny' before disingenuously sharing fallout from gaining 15-20lbs over the past year, all the while simultaneously shovelling a buttered bread roll, a risotto, and crepes into her face. Lucky she's pretty, 'cos she sure ain't smart!

productsBG.jpg

She's not even that pretty with her weight gain. I don't think she realizes the repercussions this is going to have for her career.

Also, that article must have photoshopped the hell out of those images they used:

http://www.net-a-porter.com/alfresc..._239/cover_story/common/page_4/productsBG.jpg

^ That is not the same as this:

mytheresacom_reune_a_amigos_en_una_cena_en_honor.jpg

Chanel_Iman.jpg

Chanel_Iman_Montblanc_Celebrates_90_Years_UORFj9.jpg

You can barely see her collarbones any more and don't get me started on her thighs. She always had small hips, so now that her thighs are small anymore they just look blah.

Her face has changed so much with her weight gain. I can't believe how different she looks. I know everyone carries weight differently, but she seems to have gained so much on her face alone.

two words: mom arms.

I always feel sad when models become a helluvalot bigger than me...certainly they can do better than a much older office drone....

it seems like a strategy though. Was she not booking that much HF at her lower weight or something so she decided to go more commercial and fat now that she was somewhat established?

And she proceeds to gain even more... Some gems from the daily fail...

article-2671077-1F285A0100000578-257_634x838.jpg

article-2671077-1F27702900000578-564_306x700.jpg

article-2671077-1F2770FC00000578-318_634x783.jpg

:cry:
She didn't look too bad earlier this year, in the Sports Illustrated spread, but Chanel better watch out before she goes into average whale territory. It pains me to say it, as i've always had a soft spot for her

And she proceeds to gain even more... Some gems from the daily fail...

article-2671077-1F285A0100000578-257_634x838.jpg

article-2671077-1F27702900000578-564_306x700.jpg

article-2671077-1F2770FC00000578-318_634x783.jpg

:cry:
She didn't look too bad earlier this year, in the Sports Illustrated spread, but Chanel better watch out before she goes into average whale territory. It pains me to say it, as i've always had a soft spot for her

:cry::cry: omG!
the gain is crazy.
I haven't even realized till now just how much she gained. Horrid

Maybe this thread should be moved? Her modeling career is basically over and I'm sick of seeing cellulite in the model section.