Celine s/s 2020 Paris

The show... hasn’t even happened yet? :wtf: Are you just going to reserve the rest of the fashion calendar? I understand reserving a few threads that you intend to go back to but having 10+ with just “-“ is a bit ridiculous.

Edit: lol same with Hermès, that show is 24+ hours from now.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: 7 users
I can’t see in the rules that we can’t proceed like this?

:naughty:

Last edited:
  • WTF
Reactions: 1 user
The show... hasn’t even happened yet? :wtf: Are you just going to reserve the rest of the fashion calendar? I understand reserving a few threads that you intend to go back to but having 10+ with just “-“ is a bit ridiculous.

Edit: lol same with Hermès, that show is 24+ hours from now.

:naughty:

I don’t want to pick a fight with either of you because I think you’ve both made some fabulous contributions to the Model Showlists but I’m tired of seeing this sub forum filled with endless threads with no pictures. I get it takes time to update a thread entirely but I think if you’re going to create one, you should at least add the list of models at the time of posting and then add the pictures within 24-48 hours of posting. In previous years a thread was usually updated (with pictures) within hours of it being created. At least @ghost adds the names of the models that walked. While there may be nothing in the rules about “reserving” a thread, it’s v annoying to see all these new threads with no pictures.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 10 users
I don’t want to pick a fight with either of you because I think you’ve both made some fabulous contributions to the Model Showlists but I’m tired of seeing this sub forum filled with endless threads with no pictures. I get it takes time to update a thread entirely but I think if you’re going to create one, you should at least add the list of models at the time of posting and then add the pictures within 24-48 hours of posting. In previous years a thread was usually updated (with pictures) within hours of it being created. At least @ghost adds the names of the models that walked. While there may be nothing in the rules about “reserving” a thread, it’s v annoying to see all these new threads with no pictures.
This is a contest, and now that I’ve put a lot of time into it, I actually want to win? She started a lot of threads with just the name of one single model to reserve the thread, I don’t see how putting a “-“ is different.

• Funny
  • Eye Roll
Reactions: 1 users
This is a contest, and now that I’ve put a lot of time into it, I actually want to win? She started a lot of threads with just the name of one single model to reserve the thread, I don’t see how putting a “-“ is different.

Ok I didn’t see that. Regardless, I don’t see why you need to “reserve”’ threads. It kind of defeats the purpose of the competition IMO. Why not just update it in the one go?

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Just to clarify, I definitely started fewer than 10 threads that are “reserving” threads and honestly did so after only seeing a “-“ in many of yours. The ones that I did start were of shows that have already ended. I just think that starting threads for shows that haven’t even started is ridiculous because that blocks anyone else from doing it.

@Tinyportia I agree with you on the pictures. It is annoying and I’ve just put off on pictures because that takes the longest. But I’ve been backtracking and (slowly) updating the older threads.

Sorry I didn't see this until now.

You are both doing a good job but "reserving" shows feels like bullshit to me. Post a thread and if you have to clean it up later, that's fine. That's why the edit time limit is higher in this section. But the first post should already show a decent amount of effort. Or else it's cheating IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
Just adding that it’s been over 48 hours and there are still threads that were “reserved” which haven’t been edited. It’s especially annoying because I’m keen to contribute but almost every showlist I’d like to post has been reserved, which is a bit unfair imo.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

It's not in the rules that people aren't supposed to hijack your threads when you reserve them either, yet you didn't hesitate to put on blast the chick who made an attempt. Bureaucracy is never in vogue, babe.

• Jizztastic
  • Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Just adding that it’s been over 48 hours and there are still threads that were “reserved” which haven’t been edited. It’s especially annoying because I’m keen to contribute but almost every showlist I’d like to post has been reserved, which is a bit unfair imo.

The editing time limit is 48 hours so I consider those threads abandoned. In other words, go for it. I'll delete them later when I have a few minutes.

Always fun to clean up other people's slop – I don't get enough of that at work, so thanks @Plume! :eyeroll:

Reactions: 2 users
Never meant to abandon my threads, just got unexpectedly very busy with personal things and barely had time to do anything else. Still, I intended to come back and finish the work since I thought that there was no edit time limit.
I’ve been on these forums for over 3 years and never had any argument with anyone, so no need for everyone to be against me just because I wanted to make good contributions...

• Eye Roll
I’ve been on these forums for over 3 years and never had any argument with anyone, so no need for everyone to be against me just because I wanted to make good contributions...

Don't whine. Apologize, take the smacks, move on. No one is saying you're a bad member but you do deserve some shit.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users