Celebrity Weight Regain

A

amb

You know how some celebrities are so skinny and slim and look so gorgeous when suddenly BAM! a recent photo surfaced one day with them looking heavier and not god-like at all? Well, I can name a few of such celebrities off my head. It's kind of sad thinking that :(

So, let's post who you can think of, and also, which weight you prefer them to be at: before, after or somewhere in between? ;)

jessica-stroup-before-and-after1.jpg

As mentioned on another thread, this is Jessica Stroup. Obviously her after doesn't look good, but...

jessica-stroup-then-and-now.jpg

... I prefer her in between, like that in picture 1 and 3. In picture 2 she is lovely and skinny, but I wouldn't think that's her natural weight. So personally, I would really prefer her to be slightly heavier, but just a tad so.

hilary2im4.jpg

Another classic, Hilary Duff. She had look so so good when she lost weight! And while I read that she was very disciplined, at least she seemed to have done it the healthy weight (cutting carbs, working out etc). I really prefer her at her skinny self. Cuz now...

FP_5815036_Duff_Hilary_MOE_092910.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

I just feel so sad. Okay, she is preggers now, so her body will continue to change. Let time be the judge.

Don't wanna post all the examples here at one go. Just one thought: I realise all the celebs, after losing tons of weight and looking crazy gorgeous, they will regain a ridiculous amount back, usually more than what they weighed previously. Case in point: I think Hilary had gained back too much, actually. While I sympathize with them facing pressure from the media and fans, I wish that they can at least not regain so much, you know? Makes me wonder if the whole thing about 'gaining back more than you lose on a fad diet'...

I completely second you about Jessica Stroup.
I think she's stunning in pictures 1 & 3 (only).

I agree (about JS) as well, but I'm not really a fan of the first pic becuase I hate her hair. It looks so much better dark!

Jessica Stroup looks lovely both skinny and "inbetween", but I do think that her head looks a little disproportionate when she's skinny. The inbetween sort of....evens her out (if that makes any sense).
She had a beautiful body. How could she let herself become a freakin' heifer?

When Jessica first came on 90210 she was skinny like in picture 2. I used to think she looked great, but after seeing pictures 1 and 3, I have to agree with you guys that she looks much better with her in between weight.

As for Hilary Duff, I loved the fact she lost the weight but with the weight loss her face just looked unnatural. I want to lose weight again once she's had her baby.

I have noticed there are some people whose teeth stick out once they become too thin. I think Hilary reached somewhere there at her supposedly '100+' stage. Plus the weird hair makes her head look bigger :S
Anyway, 100+ is absolutely better than 130+ or even 125+.
I mean, she's not exactly tall, so I think her most flattering would be 105ish. Assuming she carries her weight well.
Also, freakishly flat abs for being so chubby in movies like Lizzie McGuire - like a healthy thin illusion.

I have noticed there are some people whose teeth stick out once they become too thin. I think Hilary reached somewhere there at her supposedly '100+' stage. Plus the weird hair makes her head look bigger :S
Anyway, 100+ is absolutely better than 130+ or even 125+.
I mean, she's not exactly tall, so I think her most flattering would be 105ish. Assuming she carries her weight well.
Also, freakishly flat abs for being so chubby in movies like Lizzie McGuire - like a healthy thin illusion.

I don´t get the teeth thing - I just never saw somebody gaining weight in their face so it might hide/show their teeth in a negative way
. It´s an interesting point, though, you should make a thread out of it!

My cousin sister just went through a bit of a tough time and lost about 10-15 pounds in a couple of months - the unhealthy way
Her cheeks deflated, sunk in, and her teeth started to become more prominent, making it look like they were sticking out, too big for her face, whenever she smiled.
It's how my mother describes it :confused:

Just my 2 cents, I think even celebs are stressed out since the recession started. Dieting is just not as much fun as it was in the mid 2000s. I personally have had to revamp my whole system. Even celebs hate dieting.......

Recessions don't exist for celebrities. Celebs gain weight because they get too comfortable at the top and they just let it go.

Just my 2 cents, I think even celebs are stressed out since the recession started. Dieting is just not as much fun as it was in the mid 2000s. I personally have had to revamp my whole system. Even celebs hate dieting.......

I have to agree with you on this one. Somehow it seems like there is this period of time when celebs all start gaining weight! Jessica Stroup, Hillary Duff, Gemma Ward, Katherine Heigl...

I believe in the stars actually, and you know about the legend of 2012 being the end of the world? Well, many astrologers believe that it signifies a radical change because human beings are forced to look upon their lifestyle, values and beliefs and so this all culminate in a change in their outlooks. So... I'm thinking if weight gain is one of the side effects, you know...

Okay, I really digressed

Other celebs!

Lea Michele

I think most will agree that her weight loss was really noticeable in the Glee seasons.

One of the classic comparison pictures:
lea-michele-weight-loss.jpg

lea-michele-before-after.jpg

3994336.jpg

For her, I definitely prefer After!! She isn't exactly very skinny now, I would use 'petite' and 'toned' to describe her. Moreover, being short, a few pound loss makes a great difference in her body. I think she looks great now, and I hope she can maintain!

Side point though, I find it kind of irritating how she keeps flaunting her body these days after losing weight. She is always wearing tight body-hugging dresses and even her clothes in Glee has changed from S1 to S2. I hope she can be more subtle about the whole thing, slightly more laid-back, you know...

Next, Nicky Hilton! As we know, she lost quite a bit of weight over the years, maybe even beating her sister!

nicky-hilton-before-after.jpg

wurBNogjMZYl.jpg

The weight loss is obvious, esp in her waist.

I think she looks best in the After (ie skinny) category. She is tall and so with a slimmer look, her body is comparable to a model's (not those high fashion ones though). And I like how even simple styles set off her admirable build when she lost weight.

Nicky-Hilton-and-David-Katzenberg-Split.jpg

post_image-80428p7_hilton_n_b_gr_01.LEADER.jpg

Another one! Nicole Richie

I don't think any one of us have not heard of her dramatic weight loss.

nicolerichie-fat-vs-slim.jpg

nicole.jpg

However, when she was her lowest weight, I thought she looked so haggard! Her body and face looked dried up. I actually prefer her In Between, the 2nd picture below.

nicole+richie+dramatic+changes.jpg

Then, she got pregnant and now I think she is at quite a good weight too, especially for a mother of two.

images

This is her bikini body after giving birth, I think. I think she retained her peititeness well and with just some meat on her body, she looked tons better.

Moreover, with her baby, she gained just that bit of sensibility in her whole aura which made her look more mature and sophisticated. I really think motherhood suits her!

nicole_richie9.jpg

article-1021586-015AC94700000578-179_468x377_popup.jpg

nicole-richie-and-baby-harlow-walking-4.jpg