Celebrities & cosmetic surgery

Dunno if anyone remembers this Russian girlband from a few years ago, Tatu?

One half of them has had one of the worst surgeries I've ever seen...such a shame as she was so pretty before...

julia-volkova-2.jpg

Dunno if anyone remembers this Russian girlband from a few years ago, Tatu?

One half of them has had one of the worst surgeries I've ever seen...such a shame as she was so pretty before...

julia-volkova-2.jpg

Oh gawwwd that's frightful! Hope she sued the surgeon who butchered her beautiful face.

I remember that band! She was so adorable in her before!

I think a big problem with plastic surgery is that it is addictive. Once you've had something done, there's always something else to fix. Or maybe it didn't turn out the way you like, or you just need "tweaking". I think it can get out of control really fast.

Ugh, I just took another look at that picture :wtf:

Seeing these pictures really puts me off surgery...although we do most of the time only see the bad results...i suppose if i good job has been done, we wouldnt know if surgey had taken place..? (obviously comparing celeb pics gives it away) but i mean in general day to day life with 'normal' people...

The only cosmetic changes I want done in an office are my teeth! I have a large gap, which wouldn't be a problem if my teeth were large, but they are quite small, and I think veneers would make me more comfortable in front of the camera (smile!)

Also, if I had the money I'd think about a nose job, although I probably wouldn't go through with it, whenever I think about getting it done I think of the slam poem by Katie Makkai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6wJl37N9C0

Especially the line "What did you let them do to you" and "I haven't seen my own face in ten years".

I'm afraid I might lose part of my identity. That maybe I'll realize how much I actually liked my nose.