Celeb Endorsements

Apple

Rising Star
Jan 16, 2012
USA
I bring this up after seeing a commerical for Jenny Craig where Valerie Bertinelli crying about how much it has changed her life :rolleyes:

Anyways, we all know celebs endorse different diets or diet pills, but do you girls think they actually follow these diets/believe in them or do it only for the money?

There is the Kardashians and quicktrim, Jennifer Hudson and Jenny Craig, Jenny McCarthy and Weight Watchers, Tori Spelling and NutriSystem...the list goes on and on..

ducktales.jpg

So let me put it this way, women like Valerie and Jennifer obviously did lose a significant amount of weight. Do you think they found success with Jenny Craig? Or do they endorse the company and lose the weight on their own terms?

@AK91 : :lol::lol::lol:

Some thing are best said without words.

I don´t really know what their motivation is (I suspect it, but I don´t know)

Has anyone else noticed how celebrities attitude about their bodies mysteriously change as their weight yo-yos up and down?
Fat: "Oh, I really embrace my womanly curves!"
After weight loss: "Oh, I´m so glad I went on this diet, it changed my whole life!"
And repeat.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a weight watchers commercial now with Charles Barkley in it. I thought that was weird, like weight watchers wants more men on their programs now? I guess I'm just used to seeing female celebrities advertising random diet stuff.

I suspect it's money making for most celebs but the companies benefit from it when they have a celeb endorsing their products/services. And, I think a lot of them have on site chef, nutritionist, personal trainer to lose the weight and probably wouldn't go near any of these companies/diet plans but am sure there are a few that have followed these.

@Layla I have noticed more men in these commericals as well as programs directed at men. Trying to expand their customer base. The diet industry is definitely female dominated.

Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig have been suing each other over commercials claiming to be better/more effective than the other. It is all so stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Total sidenote: but has anyone else noticed that Jenny Craig seems to always be right next to Dunkin' Donuts?

But yeah it annoys me when celebs flip flop about their opinion on their weight. But good for them that they've lost it...even if they were blatantly lying about loving their "curves" before.

Total sidenote: but has anyone else noticed that Jenny Craig seems to always be right next to Dunkin' Donuts?

But yeah it annoys me when celebs flip flop about their opinion on their weight. But good for them that they've lost it...even if they were blatantly lying about loving their "curves" before.

:lol: come to think of it, the only jenny craig location I know of is across the street from a dunkin donuts. you may be onto something!

What a load of shit! I am hating Gwenyth Paltrow more and more every day.

This is one really saddens me: does anyone know Barry Humphries? He's the man behind the Dame Edna drag. I'm not sure how well he's known overseas, but he's pretty famous in Australia.

Dame%20Edna%20with%20gladiolus.jpg

Anyhoos, now he's all for Jenny Craig (as Barry, not Edna). He's featured on TV ads without the costume, talking about weight loss. I don't know, but it just seems to degrade him. When celebrities do weight loss promotions, I lose so much respect for them. Anyone else feel this way?

What a load of shit! I am hating Gwenyth Paltrow more and more every day.

This is one really saddens me: does anyone know Barry Humphries? He's the man behind the Dame Edna drag. I'm not sure how well he's known overseas, but he's pretty famous in Australia.

Dame%20Edna%20with%20gladiolus.jpg

Anyhoos, now he's all for Jenny Craig (as Barry, not Edna). He's featured on TV ads without the costume, talking about weight loss. I don't know, but it just seems to degrade him. When celebrities do weight loss promotions, I lose so much respect for them. Anyone else feel this way?

omg, i saw this ad on tv today and i was soo shocked! especially because i thought he said he was going to retire dame edna and now this. i guess he was affected by the global financial crisis or something, but its kinda a funny movie cause they are targeting men and women with the one person and maybe then itll be easier to break into the male weight loss market, wouldn be surprised if we have someone like dicko in their next campaign