Caroline Brasch Nielsen

S

Skinny2012

Girls, i need your opinions! I'm not 100% sure about this model, in some editorials i find her really really stunning and in others i don't.

So here's an editorial that is a bit freaky but i just love it (Caroline Brasch Nielsen & Madison Headrick by Greg Kadel for the June-July edition of Numéro #134):
1338715334_caroline-brasch-nielsen-madison-headrick-by-greg-kadel.jpg
greg-kadel3.jpg

greg-kadel8.jpg
5-d60fc26f.jpg

tumblr_m595bccV6z1r3ydyuo1_1280.jpg
0_a90d5_ff683e44_-1-XL.jpg

But then there is also other work of her i don't like at all:
Muse December 2011 Editorial
806f67389ca51773_73302-800w.jpg
b8c327b35a6e07ee_73295-800w.jpg

So what do you think?

Comparing those two editorials, she looks a bit skinnier in the Numero editorial i think.

She's Danish btw. And she is signed with Elite:
HEIGHT: 180
CHEST: 80 WAIST: 59 HIPS: 87
SHOES: 41
EYES: Brown
HAIR: Blond - light

You can look at her portfolio here:
http://elitemodelmanagement.dk/model.aspx?id=1376&page=4&ac=

Reactions: 1 user
I much prefer her editorial to her runway, she is definately improving in the shapes she makes with her body. Apparently she is nice to work with and always professional.

Sadly she was a little ill earlier this year over couture season, but she is better now.

tumblr_lyc1ql010S1qbd0qho1_500.jpg

I love her in the Numero editorial. You can tell that she is a confident model. I am not usually lured by freaky photo shoots, but I really liked this one. She owned it and looked calm and collected!

Second one though, she looks totally off! I am not sure if I blame her or whoever chose her to do those shots; not very appealing!

Reactions: 1 users
I prefer the Numero editorial over the Muse one, and yep she looks bigger in the latter but I don't know if it's because of the way she's dressed and posing. Her measurements really show in the Muse editorial, bottom heavy.

She's kinda basic IMO, not in the basic pretty way like Alexandra Tretter or Toni Garrn, but basic like Amanda Ware. Not very inspiring, but she's a pretty good blank canvas.

The Numéro #134 is absolutely riveting to me... she appears ridiculously sexy and talented, and in a very artistic way ---raw, sexual, gritty, intimidating...

But I will not lie: I find her VERY unattractive in her street style pics.

Strong body here:
caroline1576490842.jpg

Strong Valentino ads (though her co-models Freja and Julia stole the show in that campaign IMHO):
valentino.springsummer.2011.ad.3.jpg

valentino.springsummer.2011.ad.1.jpg

She is grand at showing darkness in her stare (LOVE magazine):
love.spring.2011.preview.3.jpg

and in Valentino 2011(still masculine despite attire...):
caroline.valentino.spring.2011.3.1.jpg

You know, everyone has a place ---and she is OBVIOUSLY meant for something in fashion Skinny2012 ---but I TRULY believe Caroline belongs more behind a camera. I've seen some WILD shoots that it would be difficult for ANYONE to pull of ---yet she makes the most. I just am not fond of her natural appearance. Her body is very hard for me to decide on. Sometimes it looks MUCH stronger than others...

You know, everyone has a place ---and she is OBVIOUSLY meant for something in fashion Skinny2012 ---but I TRULY believe Caroline belongs more behind a camera. I've seen some WILD shoots that it would be difficult for ANYONE to pull of ---yet she makes the most. I just am not fond of her natural appearance. Her body is very hard for me to decide on. Sometimes it looks MUCH stronger than others...

I know what you mean. I just saw the Numero editorial and was blown away and then i looked up her portfolio on elite and was a bit dissappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Caroline Brasch Nielsen.

Discovered by
"It was my Sweet Danish booker, who discovered me, when I was eating lunch with my friends."

Carrier
"I had my first show season in Paris, some months ago."

What's next
"I will finish school in June, and then I can dedicate more time to my modelling jobs and see what will happen."

Personal Style
"Casual and feminine."

Shoes
"I have a thing for High Wegdes: I just love them! And I love love last season's Miu Miu Shoes."

Jewellery
"I love my rings, especially my rings from Malene Nell. They are very cool, and you can use them with everything, because you can change the stones' colors."

Hair
"I like to put my hair in a big bun on top of my head, in that way its doesn't disturb me,"

Fashion tip
"Just wear what makes you feel comfortable, in that way you can't go wrong."

Favorite dress
"I have many favorite dresses, but if I had to choose one, it would probably be my new long Stine Goya dress."

Favorite designers
"Alexander Wang, he is so cool!".

Favorite city
"I like to be in London and in Paris but most of all I love Copenhagen."

Favorite music
"Jon Mayer. He is very relaxing to listen to."

Favorite food
"I have a thing for Sushi, but who hasn't?"

Favorite drink
"Chai the Latte, it reminds me of Christmas."

Favorite movie
"I like Pretty Women, it's a classic. I can just watch it over and over again."

Personal motto
"Don't give up."

Style icon
"Coco Chanel!"

First thing in the morning
"Look at the time and hope that I woke up too early."

Last thing before bed
"Turn my light off."

Obsessed with
"Funny people and my friends. Oh no, funny people, are my friends."

Birthday
21 June.

Born in
Copenhagen.

Lives in
"I live on a farm, in a small town called Kvistgaard, with my mom, dad, sister, horse Pia and cats Pytte and Findus."

Marilena Borgna

Published:
05/06/2010

vogue.it

I agree with you guys about her being masculine, I think its just the way she dresses and the way she holds herself. She looks nice in the Valentino campaigns and at Elie Saab shows.

I'm not her biggest fan but I think she has one of the best profiles in the business, her cheekbones are extraordinary.

tumblr_m510g8uYLr1qi1vjuo1_500.jpg

She can definitely pull off those crazy shoots but I agree with you girls, she belongs in front of the camera, not on runways:)

I find her a bit "neither here nor there"; she's not someone who really grasps my attention. I don't find her look particularly unique, though she does have a strong photogenic quality. What I find is that there are some images I appreciate, some I don't; inconsistent.

Same here. It's like she is two different models.

Exactly - she has to be shot at precisely the right angle for her facial features or she looks almost a bit odd? Perhaps because she does have quite an angular face; she hasn't one of those faces that you can shoot from pretty much any angle and get a workable, model-recognisable shot out of it.

The pics from that first editorial you posted were pretty cool. As a model though, her face just doesn't do much for me. Her jaw is a bit too square. But her body is wonderful - love her legs.

Caroline Brasch Nielsen & Charlotte Carey Party for Numéro August 2012
photographer: Greg Kadel
stylist: Elizabeth Sulcer
p01dh.jpg

p02y.jpg

scriptical-wordpress-caroline-brasch-nielsen-and-charlotte-carey-by-greg-kadel-for-numero-issue-135-august-2012-7.jpg%3Fw%3D700%26h%3D492

p08r.jpg