Calista flockhart

Tinyportia

SkinnyGossip Royal
Aug 1, 2013
Australia
Calista Flockhart shot to fame on the 90s TV series, Ally McBeal. She was the subject of a lot of negative media attention for being too skinny. It all started when she appeared at the Emmys in a backless white dress:

image.jpg

During the show she always denied having an ED, but a few years ago she admitted "she was exercising too much and eating too little". Before calista, there weren't really any actresses that were super skinny, she was seen as the poster child for the super skinny lollipop look.

What do you think? Was she too skinny? Or just right? I think she was supper skinny for the 90s when super skinny actresses weren't as common as they are today.

I loved her! Thought her skinniness was so pretty before I knew what it even meant...

I remember the furor about her being "SO SKINNY!" from when I was a little girl (I was intrigued even then by the concept of thinness), and I just saw an episode of Ally McBeal for the first time and was disappointed that she couldn't live up to the hype. She's built a bit like Keira Knightley -- sort of a normal bottom half (ie "shapely" legs) with a tiny, admittedly pretty upper. I did like her weird little baby bangs in this later season, though (also, there's a ghost!?)

Same here. I have never seen the show, but I was aware about some people or the media complaining about her being too skinny. I think the same talk happened to Courteney Cox and Jennifer Aniston when they were on Friends.

Same here. I have never seen the show, but I was aware about some people or the media complaining about her being too skinny. I think the same talk happened to Courteney Cox and Jennifer Aniston when they were on Friends.

Yeah I remember hearing the same stuff about Courtney cox when I was young. I remember thinking "what are the media on about? She's not too skinny!". Funny how even back then I had really high standards when it came to weight!