Breaking Pointe

A

Amie

Its a new show this summer, as you can guess it revolves around this group of ballet dancers. The whole ballet drama thing is kinda interesting besides that some the dancers are nice thinspo :)
cw-breaking-pointe-ep-photo-101_112888-f0cfc6-325x434.jpg

I love this show. The dancers are so pretty and graceful, and those two brothers are very nice to watch. I think people don't pay attention to the arts enough, but it's the beauty in the world, like ballet, that makes life enjoyable. So hopefully this show will remind people to go see the ballet perform. It also reminds me to stretch more.

Love that show so far :luv:, but am i the only one who thinks Adam's a little creepy sometimes? When he watches them dance and says things like 'nice' or 'beautiful' it just sounds so dirty at times :hmm:

Love that show so far :luv:, but am i the only one who thinks Adam's a little creepy sometimes? When he watches them dance and says things like 'nice' or 'beautiful' it just sounds so dirty at times :hmm:
:lol: second that, i thought exactly the same...

I loved the first episode, going to keep watching it for sure! but, is it just me, or does Beckanne NOT have the body of a professional dancer? I know she's starting out but compared to the other models you can tell she's got more weight on her! Still, she's got a great pretense and technique.

i'm watching the show right now, currently episode 4... i just wonder about their eating habits all the time...do you think they exaggerate when they're saying that they are eating all the time. i mean, they drink creepy cocktails/sugary drinks when they are going out, and they order burgers, sandwiches,... i know they burn a lot of calories all day, but still, they are pretty tiny, e.g. allison looks almost emaciated at some scenes(maybe because of a larger bone structure?), but still she's ordering cheese burgers, etc...

i just don't know what to think about that:confused:

i'm watching the show right now, currently episode 4... i just wonder about their eating habits all the time...do you think they exaggerate when they're saying that they are eating all the time. i mean, they drink creepy cocktails/sugary drinks when they are going out, and they order burgers, sandwiches,... i know they burn a lot of calories all day, but still, they are pretty tiny, e.g. allison looks almost emaciated at some scenes(maybe because of a larger bone structure?), but still she's ordering cheese burgers, etc...

i just don't know what to think about that:confused:

That's what i was wondering about, too. I think that they exaggerate, but not too much, as it is pretty exhausting to dance as much and as often as they do, but i would have thought that professional dancers would make healthier food choices as they need their bodies to function perfectly (which they obviously can't when only fueled with junk food) :hmm:

I was so disappointed they discontinued this show. I recently read an article in the NYT that talked about how much the show increased ticket sales and donations to Ballet West.

I wish they'd set up a show with another company, especially the San Francisco Ballet (where I live) :luvluv:

Does anyone know of any shows like this one? Even foreign programs that might be on YouTube?

I just started watching this today after reading the post and I am hooked - it's a really interesting show.

I find Adam totally creepy though. I think he really enjoyed having the power over the dancers with their contracts and it felt a bit off to me..

@Amie Thank you for recommending this show.
I've just watched the documentary "First position" and I was looking for something similar focusing in the ballet world.
I've watched 6 episodes in a row, I love it!