Breaking Bad

Great show, but I'm still trying to figure out the point of Walt Jr.'s character... besides breakfast...

tumblr_md5u0oULO31ru8szpo1_400.jpg

resize

resize

I was about to make a thread on BB, but when I saw this I was pleasantly surprised! The last episode airs tonight. :cry: The Saul Goodman spin-off might be something to look forward though. :lol:

Does anyone know where to watch season 5B online? I have netflix but they only have episodes through 5A and I soooo want to see the end... The show is brilliant.

What did you guys think of the ending? I thought it was too clean cut - things went too according to plan and exactly how he wanted them to go.

What did you guys think of the ending? I thought it was too clean cut - things went too according to plan and exactly how he wanted them to go.

I am not sure things really went as he planned, actually, because his initial plan was to make money for his family before dying of cancer but in the end, he ended being hated by his family, which was the most important thing to Walter. Sure, he killed his enemies, he found a way to give his family some money, but I don't know, he died alone and abandoned. Bythe way, Lidia's face when she found out she had been poisoned was priceless. Also I felt kinda sorry for Todd.

I am not sure things really went as he planned, actually, because his initial plan was to make money for his family before dying of cancer but in the end, he ended being hated by his family, which was the most important thing to Walter. Sure, he killed his enemies, he found a way to give his family some money, but I don't know, he died alone and abandoned. Bythe way, Lidia's face when she found out she had been poisoned was priceless. Also I felt kinda sorry for Todd.

You're right I guess, but still his plan after leaving NH was that he was going to die, but that he just wanted to make sure his family got money, and to kill the neo-nazis. And yes, haha I started laughing when he told her.

I felt bad for Todd too - I kinda liked him:nervous:

Providing for his family is only the second reason for his actions. He also wanted power and respect - something he did not have at the beginning of the show. I think that Walt was satisfied even in his dying moments. He started living after he got his cancer and that's what he really wanted above all.

When Walt visited Eliot and Gretchen, I thought, "Why did you have to sell your shares, Walt?!" :cry:

BB interview with Vince Gilligan. A lot of things are explained here about the series finale etc.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/30/breaking-bad-finale-vince-gilligan/

"So it’s a real mixed message at the end. Walt has failed on so many levels, but he has managed to do the one thing he set out to do, which is a victory. He has managed to make his family financially sound in his absence, and that was really the only thing he set out to do in that first episode. So, mission accomplished.”