Brand and Product

*Waits eagerly*
Haha. I don't want to inundate everyone so I will give bullet points.

1. Ordering bags and having them arrive with huge scratches on them...
2. Chains falling apart and clasps detaching
3. Bizarre stains inside bags
4. Everything breaking or falling of...
5. Leather flaking after 2 weeks

I mean so many things. I own plenty of pieces and know how to care for items and so many things happened without even using them. I would buy the item and not use it for months (seriously) if I was busy or travelling or whatever and open it and up and there are marks on it! I didn't look at the item because I would get someone else to pick it up from my SA or it was pre-wrapped etc or I trusted that a new just unpacked Chanel bag didn't need to be deeply inspected before a purchase. I mean seriously.

My SA doesn't even bother contacting me about bags anymore because I won't buy anything.

So, conclusion - INSPECT EVERYTHING really carefully. EVERYTHING not just bags.

Haha. I don't want to inundate everyone so I will give bullet points.

1. Ordering bags and having them arrive with huge scratches on them...
2. Chains falling apart and clasps detaching
3. Bizarre stains inside bags
4. Everything breaking or falling of...
5. Leather flaking after 2 weeks

I mean so many things. I own plenty of pieces and know how to care for items and so many things happened without even using them. I would buy the item and not use it for months (seriously) if I was busy or travelling or whatever and open it and up and there are marks on it! I didn't look at the item because I would get someone else to pick it up from my SA or it was pre-wrapped etc or I trusted that a new just unpacked Chanel bag didn't need to be deeply inspected before a purchase. I mean seriously.

My SA doesn't even bother contacting me about bags anymore because I won't buy anything.

So, conclusion - INSPECT EVERYTHING really carefully. EVERYTHING not just bags.
:eek: Wtf Chanel? Did they fire anyone and everyone doing quality control? Who do you buy new bags from now?

:eek: Wtf Chanel? Did they fire anyone and everyone doing quality control? Who do you buy new bags from now?
My SA was really good and doesn't give me time limits with changes. She trusts that I didn't damage the product but I rarely shop at Chanel now. Even the clothes make me think twice because of my experiences. Before I would always buy when I entered. I have lusted after some bags but usually end up returning them after a few months as they have had problems.
She unfortunately has moved companies so I don't even bother there anymore. No loss really.

I haven't bought bags for a while as I have so many and many remain unused or used maybe max once/year and I fear them staining from being stored in boxes without breathing. And then the hassle of airing them regularly (first world problems).
The last time I bought a bag was from Hermes but that was last year I think. Nothing this year.

It definitely becomes a law of diminishing marginal utility.

Reactions: 1 users
What are your thoughts on Banana Republic? I'm thinking about shopping there for some business clothes, but would like to know if they are likely to last before purchasing.
I've actually never owned anything from Banana Republic so I'm curious as well!
I personally find their sizing atrocious. The 00 petite drowns me but I'm short, so maybe the 0 regular size is better? Quality seems decent for the price but I think it used to be better. They have *very frequent* sales (I had to unsubscribe from their emails bc I kept getting these 40% off emails every other day) so I would wait for a promo code of some sort.

Aldo quality is crap but you can get some good sales, so I use them for my throwaway shoes. For example, I got a pair of black leather flats for $17 (full price 60) the other day; just don't expect anything to last.

I personally find their sizing atrocious. The 00 petite drowns me but I'm short, so maybe the 0 regular size is better? Quality seems decent for the price but I think it used to be better. They have *very frequent* sales (I had to unsubscribe from their emails bc I kept getting these 40% off emails every other day) so I would wait for a promo code of some sort.

Aldo quality is crap but you can get some good sales, so I use them for my throwaway shoes. For example, I got a pair of black leather flats for $17 (full price 60) the other day; just don't expect anything to last.

Totally agreed on Aldo. I got this pair of really cute boots there (they were $12 bucks, originally over $100), but they are more like a Charlotte Russe quality than their pricing suggests. Same goes with Nine West, only they tend also to be less trendy (not that you can't sometimes find some cute stuff there!), and though it isn't an accessory store, I bought this white peplum/skirt combo from Guess (through Macy's) that frayed after one washing (and it was machine washable, and not supposed to fray at all) which really disappointed me.

Banana Republic has horrible sizing. I'm drowning in their 00 petite, and their 0 regular is longer but also bigger. Therefore I'd have to get it tailored if I purchased it. That's why I was wondering about the quality, because I don't want to spend a bunch of money on tailoring crappy material that isn't going to last.

I have found that Express is amazing for suiting and dresses. You can usually find some really nice things there, and their sale prices are definitely reasonable. I wish they had smaller sizes (their 00 is still big on me), but the material and quality of the clothing is great.

Banana Republic 00 petite was ridiculous on me. They were very baggy on my thighs, (which is always a problem area so that's insane) too short (which is fine because it was petite) but tight on my calves, which was cause for concern. They looked extremely strange on me.

As for quality it's not amazing. Sweaters don't look new for long from there.

Totally agreed on Aldo. I got this pair of really cute boots there (they were $12 bucks, originally over $100), but they are more like a Charlotte Russe quality than their pricing suggests. Same goes with Nine West, only they tend also to be less trendy (not that you can't sometimes find some cute stuff there!), and though it isn't an accessory store, I bought this white peplum/skirt combo from Guess (through Macy's) that frayed after one washing (and it was machine washable, and not supposed to fray at all) which really disappointed me.

Banana Republic has horrible sizing. I'm drowning in their 00 petite, and their 0 regular is longer but also bigger. Therefore I'd have to get it tailored if I purchased it. That's why I was wondering about the quality, because I don't want to spend a bunch of money on tailoring crappy material that isn't going to last.

I have found that Express is amazing for suiting and dresses. You can usually find some really nice things there, and their sale prices are definitely reasonable. I wish they had smaller sizes (their 00 is still big on me), but the material and quality of the clothing is great.
My BF wears BR small (he's tall but has a lean frame, I guess). From what he has told me, quality has really gone downhill. Maybe worth it at sale price, def not worth it for full price. Either way, I've returned everything I've ever bought due to the sizing, so I don't even bother now- it won't fit.

Reactions: 1 user
What are you girls' favorite brand for good quality leather? I know Iro does lovely jackets but I'm hesitating because the price is so damn expensive, especially here
I was also looking to get a good quality leather skirt that isn't going to fall apart after a few years :p I thought who better to ask since you ladies have such impeccable taste :luv:

What are you girls' favorite brand for good quality leather? I know Iro does lovely jackets but I'm hesitating because the price is so damn expensive, especially here
I was also looking to get a good quality leather skirt that isn't going to fall apart after a few years :p I thought who better to ask since you ladies have such impeccable taste :luv:
Acne one thousand percent, but my favorites I own are actually from Bebe and Rag and Bone. If you're looking for any black clothing item: Acne or Wang.

Reactions: 1 user
@bingeonvogue Allsaints is good for leather too at a much lower price point. They just tend to get carried away with some of their detailing but you can find pieces that are done tastefully.