Book Bag

Apple

Rising Star
Jan 16, 2012
USA
My book bag (oversized purse) finally died on me today when BOTH handles gave out. It may not be chic, but I need a good bag for toting around my books and stuff for classes. Could you girls help me find a bag? I am terrible with fashion and accessories :oops:

I need it to be:
sturdy
large enough to put books
simple (no loud colors or patterns)
can be used for as long as possible
not too expensive, desginer bags are beautiful, but I simply can't afford that :shy: ($50-80, or cheaper of course)

I know it is asking a lot but I thought it might be a fun game for some of you shopaholics ;)

Or: What do you girls use to carry around your books? Help give me some ideas.

I need this too.. I usually just put my pens and stuff in my purse and hold my books by hand when going to class.

Backpack > Purse

I have been loving my longchamp bag for a book bag! I have the medium tote in Bordeaux.

_7157747.jpg

Fits 3 books, 4 notebooks, writing utensils, wallet

If you don't want to spend that much (mine was $125), you can go to Nordstroms handbag page and look up bags under $100. They have quite the selection :)

I have been loving my longchamp bag for a book bag! I have the medium tote in Bordeaux.

_7157747.jpg

If you don't want to spend that much (mine was $125), you can go to Nordstroms handbag page and look up bags under $100. They have quite the selection :)

I would really hate to hate longchamp but they're really sturdy. I don't know how common they are in the US but every girl has one here and as much as I don't want to be part of the crowd, they're really good for a ton of books. large colour selection.

I would look for a good second hand leather bag (or maybe have a look at the bags on a nice flea market, you'll certainly won't be disappointed) In that price range you can make quite some nice bargain buys (at least in Germany) and they will last forever - or until both handles give out ;)
Me personally, I wouldn't recommend Le Pliage as a book bag.. it has pretty narrow handles, which means with 'less padding' on your shoulders and 2-5 books (more or less heavy) they'll 'cut in' and therefore HURT :meh: I somewhat liked the bag but I have to agree with @classichic and take a step back from it because everyone seems to have one. This one or a LV Speedy..... I just find it somehow annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

_7157747.jpg

Completely off topic about the longchamp bag, my friend ordered one off line but when they sent it to her it was a "smaller version" so she sent it back. Three times later she gave up.
A bunch of us were at dinner and she was telling us this story when one girl starts laughing kind of inappropriately. We asked her why she was and she asked the girl, Megan, if she had bothered to open it. Megan said no and the other girl said that they get shipped folded up and you have to unfold it for it to be the size you ordered.
I was not surprised that this happened to Megan.

On topic, everyone I know that has it loves it. Also it last a while, my friend had hers for three years.