Bonnie Strange

SecretMelody17

Super Star
Feb 6, 2012
Earth (usually)
I saw this girl in a German magazine and looked her up.
I think she seems cool and interesting, and that she's incredibly pretty, but I'm also kind of confused where the hell she came from... Is she a model? Is she signed? There's nothing about her on wikipedia or imdb and I keep seeing pictures of her sitting at fashion shows..
Either way, I've accidentally fallen in love with her while scouring the internet to find out who/what she is. :p
I'm also slightly confused, as in some photos she's quite skinny, and in others (which I think are less recent?) she looks much bigger. Maybe she's only started modeling recently? :confused:
Does anyone know anything about her?
152066924887979777_1FRv3tG1_c_zps251c70a0.jpg

170925748327570447_y7BXbVm8_c_zps529e7d36.jpg

bonnie-strange-308x460_zps03989a1c.jpg

2h343_bild_zpse5e3814f.jpg

bonnie_strange_wilson_gonzalez_zps5464a4f4.jpg

6195068424_914d0c2800_b_zpsf47efc63.jpg

bonnie-strange4_zps57c18852.jpg

She has sailor neptune hair!! and it looks goood!! I like her.

Reactions: 1 user
Good find...She's cute and I like her style. I mean, she's not high fashion material in my opinion, but I do think she's quite adorable with the dyed hair & interesting fashion choices.;) She'll work well for simple catalogs--but-- I feel like if she dyed her hair a darker color, she would look more high fashion *Shrugs* --I do like her, though.

Good find...She's cute and I like her style. I mean, she's not high fashion material in my opinion, but I do think she's quite adorable with the dyed hair & interesting fashion choices.;) She'll work well for simple catalogs--but-- I feel like if she dyed her hair a darker color, she would look more high fashion *Shrugs* --I do like her, though.

I agree. With a more professional hair color she would be STUNNING and defintely more serious model material. I think she has the skin tone to pull of any hair color, natural or... otherwise. :p
That said, the fact that she sticks with the fun hair colors despite having more career potential without them only makes me love her more. I respect anyone who stays true to themselves, and her hair seems to be a strong reflection of her quirky personality and playful, lighthearted attitude. :kiss:

She was in a relationship with Wilson Gonzales Ochsenknecht (he befriended me some time ago on German StudiVZ). They kinda went to run a fashion business together, but he didn't help her much in the end ;))

She seemed very ambitious and alternative ;)

She crossed my view, because of her figure, but I didn't like her outfits that much...

A friend of mine had a shooting together with her for Jette Joop.
Can't stand Bonnie Strange. She is annoying and tries too hard.

totally agree.
she has her own label called 'the shit shop' :)rolleyes:) and she used to sing in a girl group called 'the rio girls' with marie nasemann of germany's next topmpdel fame. she's such an attention whore, i just can't with her.

She used to be a Model and even worked in Paris:) She said in a german interview that she struggled with anorexia back then and even today, she has problems looking in the mirror. Now she works as a photographer, model and she has her own clothing line. Many people say that she only got famous because of her former boyfriend(wilson gonzales).
I personaly find her very entertaining:) She posts many things on facebook, I love many of her pictures!

BONNIE+STRANGE.jpg

154544_396702310369390_1636164594_n.jpg

Sometimes I find her soooooo beautiful(love the blond hair!), but sometimes, she makes such ugly & creepy faces:D Haha:D

531304_442500262456261_1313606461_n.jpg

Her instagram is a great source for thinspo, but I do definitely see what you guys mean about her needing a lot of attention. :rolleyes: I can't browse there for too long before her compliment whoring gets to me. Also, she posts a LOT of pictures about food, which is something that irritates me about instagram in general, but it seems extra calculated considering her self-alleged history with anorexia. Like she's posting the junk food pictures specifically to make a point of how skinny (but not anorexic) she is?
Shrug.

1102c3e846fc11e28c3c22000a1fb85a_7.jpg

0b3b76e27ea811e2bfae22000a9e0782_7.jpg

6fc608d67c0311e2819022000a1f99d8_7.jpg

014b9f1a789311e28e2d22000a1fbe71_7.jpg

i read her blog while it still existed and people would give her shit about her making blog entries about fasting the day of a photo shoot :rolleyes:

I love that she has the guts to do fun and interesting things with her hair. She looks like a girl straight out of a Lichtenstein painting!

I agree with you all though, she doesn't seem like she'd be quite right for runway fashion etc. But she's still quite pretty and has a decent body.

Here is a clip where she discusses the dieting life of a Paris fashion model:
http://www.prosieben.de/stars/video/clip/1913511-bonnie-strange-packt-ueber-modelwelt-aus-1.3325869/
Sorry, it's in German. I can't translate word-for-word, but she basically says that she worked in Paris for a few years abd was totally turned off by the attitude towards food and body image. She was scolded for having orange juice in her bag and told that she could only drink water. She says 80% of the girls would just eat a rice cracker or salad without dressing for every meal, and she found the mentality sickening especially when so many girls were still teenagers and still have normal baby fat. She also says that, ever since working in Paris, if she gains or looses weight she doesn't see the difference at all in the mirror, and only notices when someone takes a photo of her, because her perception of her own body is still completely distorted, which she hopes will get better eventually.
She also mentions models she knows who are thinner than her and have doctors come to their houses to give blood tests and figure out how to lose even more.

Somehow her voice is not what I expected. Maybe because she looks so extroverted in her pictures, it's a nice surprise that her voice is so low-key. :shy: I like her.

So sorry for bumping but my heart is bleeding right now and I needed to share. When I lived in Germany this girl was tiny and I adored her. The sentiment that I feel towards her is enormous but just can't look at her anymore.
Let's treat it as a lesson to be learned FOR LIFE.

So sorry for bumping but my heart is bleeding right now and I needed to share. When I lived in Germany this girl was tiny and I adored her. The sentiment that I feel towards her is enormous but just can't look at her anymore.
Let's treat it as a lesson to be learned FOR LIFE.

Hasn't she opened up about suffering from anorexia in the past? I don't think it's particularly appropriate or helpful to continue talking about her body like this (especially in such a negative fashion).

• Agree
Hasn't she opened up about suffering from anorexia in the past? I don't think it's particularly appropriate or helpful to continue talking about her body like this (especially in such a negative fashion).

Has she? I forgot about her a couple of years ago and only today she popped in my Instagram suggestions - thus the bump and my lack of knowledge about her life. I confronted my idea of her from before with what we see today and the disproportion was massive. Between is just a blank space. If what you're saying is true, I am truly sorry. Hope she is better now.

I am quite surprised to see that Bonnie has her own thread on SG; she used to live in Berlin and I’ve met her several times through former friends.
Like many German celebrities, she built her career through acting / hosting TV shows, social media and eventually she released one or two super trashy songs. I personally find her incredibly annoying, sometimes embarrassing (her friends are not any better).
Anyways, to clear things up: her weight gain was caused by pregnancy, I think she gave birth last year (I found her body never impressive tho). Apparently she was bulimic back in her modeling days.

• Agree