Black Swan

S

Skinny2012

I love this movie, great ballarina thinspo. I think it's also a very dark and scary story, there were a few scenes where I literally jumped when I was watching it the first time.
Natalie Portman is so amazing in that movie, she is one of my favourite actresses.

black-swan-movie-photo-05-550x366.jpg

swan_HA_Bayern_Berl_664194c.jpg

blackSwan-Natalie.jpg

black-swan-mila-kunis-photo.jpg

Mila-Kunis_450.jpg

mila_kunis_2010_a_l.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed, great movie. I prefer Mila though :grin:
I also like the little ballerina theme music, sounds calm but so creepy at the same time :wtf:

I Love love love that movie!
I always watch it before some family events, where I know people are going to eat a lot and expect me to do the same thing...
Both Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis looked so good!

Sad thing is, the actresses were told to slim down for their roles, they´re not naturally that way, and the don´t even want to be.
After making the movie, both of them kept lamenting in interviews how hard and annoying it was to get that skinny, and how much of a relief it was to munch on pasta and stuff afterwards and gain weight back...

For me, a "thinspo" is a person who is skinny and feels confident and positive about it. Skinnyness is also a mind-thing.
Actresses who always whine about the pressure to be skinny for certain roles just make me think, they´re not "really" skinny.
Same with Megan Fox - she was smokin hot in "Jennifer´s Body", but her statements in interviews just put me off.

Sad thing is, the actresses were told to slim down for their roles, they´re not naturally that way, and the don´t even want to be.
After making the movie, both of them kept lamenting in interviews how hard and annoying it was to get that skinny, and how much of a relief it was to munch on pasta and stuff afterwards and gain weight back...

Well, they became an immediate "thinspiration" for all the pro-anas, so I think they felt the need to advocate against the pro-ana/pro-skinny movement. This is how i see it :)

Yes. This is definitely one of my favorite movies. Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman are so incredibly thin and gorgeous in this:luv: The ballet is beautiful. The story and everything in this movie is beautiful really. But also quite terrifying :wtf:

Love this movie- makes me so sad that I didn't start ballet when I was younger.

Love this movie- makes me so sad that I didn't start ballet when I was younger.

SAME!

I also love this movie. I like both Mila and Natalie's characters in different ways. I like Mila's free spirit character with energy and mystery and Natalie is so perfect in her role as a tense perfectionist. I just love it so so much!

I love it too! I love all the stuff they wear in the film, especially the gorgeous white Rodarte gown Natalie wore at the ball! It's in my "Potential Wedding Gown" list!

I really like Mila's character too, although I think I'm more like Nina Sayers - neurotic and perfectionist (without the amazing skinny body).

A lot of people in the dance community hated Black Swan, but I'm a ballet dancer myself (not at a professional level, mind you) and I adored it :) I don't think anything about it was harmful to the name of ballet or something, I'm sure the audience can distinguish actual reality from the exaggerated reality of a film.

A lot of dancers thought it sort of promoted the stereotype of ballet dancers being these OCD-type, ED-ridden perfectionists. And a lot of people I know in dance were also angry at how Natalie Portman was being praised for her dance skill. I mean, she didn't look perfect, but I give her serious props for being able to dance that convincingly after a year of training.

I love love love this movie. But i think poor Mila's strict diet backfired, she's now heavier then ever....

A lot of dancers thought it sort of promoted the stereotype of ballet dancers being these OCD-type, ED-ridden perfectionists. And a lot of people I know in dance were also angry at how Natalie Portman was being praised for her dance skill. I mean, she didn't look perfect, but I give her serious props for being able to dance that convincingly after a year of training.

Weren't there some scandal about some other girl, a real ballet dancer doing the difficult parts, and not Natalie? That dancer supposedly said that it would have been impossible for someone to train just a couple of months and do so good... and that it ruins the work and efforts of other dancers that train all their lives from a very young age to say that it was Natalie that was able to dance like that. Not sure about this though, does anyone knows better about this story??

Weren't there some scandal about some other girl, a real ballet dancer doing the difficult parts, and not Natalie? That dancer supposedly said that it would have been impossible for someone to train just a couple of months and do so good... and that it ruins the work and efforts of other dancers that train all their lives from a very young age to say that it was Natalie that was able to dance like that. Not sure about this though, does anyone knows better about this story??

Yes I remember that! It was her stunt double. She was upset because the director and everyone said that Natalie did so well they hardly put the stunt double scenes in the film but her double claimed that almost all the scenes of dancing were her. She felt she wasn't getting proper recognition and that like Ally said, there was no way Natalie had gotten that good in such a small amount of time.

You're right about the other dancer being upset about not getting credit. In my opinion, it's pretty silly -- Natalie always admitted in interviews that she didn't do the more difficult moves. She was a stunt double, and since when do stunt doubles walk the red carpet and get the same level of recognition as the actors?

You're right about the other dancer being upset about not getting credit. In my opinion, it's pretty silly -- Natalie always admitted in interviews that she didn't do the more difficult moves. She was a stunt double, and since when do stunt doubles walk the red carpet and get the same level of recognition as the actors?

This. Also, when they shoot Natalie, she's almost always waist-up. It was brilliant camera-work and Natalie REALLY did put her heart and soul into the training. She (Natalie) deserves the recognition she got for being convincing as a studied ballet dancer. She's an actor, not a dancer. She did HER part in that movie beautifully.

On the other hand...not that I dance at all, but I thought Mila's form was a hot mess.

I didn't actually like this movie at all. Nice thinspo, but that's it... I don't know, it just didn't do anything for me.

On the other hand...not that I dance at all, but I thought Mila's form was a hot mess.

Nice. This is the summarized version of what my ballet teacher said as well.

I think Natalie P's proportions are just so-so, therefore she wasn't convincing as a dancer, but I just go to movies to be entertained, so I enjoyed the movie.

What is even more interesting to me however is that the dancer who use be Natalie P's baby's daddy's live in girlfriend pre-black swan (scorned woman afterwards?) is 1) very talented 2) great thinspiration and 3) shows that HE has a definite 'type' when it comes to his ladies...